Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The size of Lady Gaga's fan base

Reez

Featured Posts

Today I was thinking about how big Gaga's fan base actually is. I mean, the fact that she doesn't do great on charts for the last like 10 years got me thinking we are not that numerous (anymore)?

So what do you think, where are we in comparison to fan bases of other popular artists in the world?

P.S. Is there a way we can know a number of true fans of a certain artist? :huntyga:

itsdominik

Gaga does have one of the biggest fanbases in pop culture, it’s just that a big part of her fanbase has grown into people in their mid-twenties who aren‘t as obsessed with charts anymore as they once were :shrug: (I could be wrong tho, that‘s just my opinion). 

Also considering Gaga has debuted almost 13 years ago she is doing amazing actually. I mean...Gaga‘s last six (!!) albums all debuted at #1 on the BB 200 :legend:

js4754394o9823
19 minutes ago, Reez said:

I mean, the fact that she doesn't do great on charts

Shallow - one of the biggest, if not the biggest song of 2018 with no. 1 at hot100

Stupid Love - top 5 after being leaked for a month or 2 (idr)

Rain On Me - no. 1 again, with Ariana help, but still

Chromatica - numer one for a couple of weeks

+She was really high on the 'most streamed artists" ranking

++Mostly with no promo

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

The Clown
19 minutes ago, Reez said:

I mean, the fact that she doesn't do great on charts for the last like 10 years got me thinking we are not that numerous (anymore)?

Oh boy, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into :huntyga:

Skabi
8 minutes ago, austriamonster said:

Gaga does have one of the biggest fanbases in pop culture, it’s just that a big part of her fanbase has grown into people in their mid-twenties who aren‘t as obsessed with charts anymore as they once were :shrug: (I could be wrong tho, that‘s just my opinion). 

Also considering Gaga has debuted almost 13 years ago she is doing amazing actually p I mean... Gaga‘s last six (!!) albums all debuted at #1 on the BB 200 :legend:

Tbh true, back then I would open 10 tabs of her new songs to help with streaming etc. Now that I'm 25 I'm happy if her new album debuts at #1 but honestly unbothered if it doesn't. She's proved herself (to me at least) and I'm glad with her career choices, albums, movies etc.

As artists grow older it is expected for their charting to drop, new artists will appear, with a fresher and younger audience, which is more than glad to do the same things we did back in the day. Still she is doing pretty good for an artist who debuted pre-streaming era

xoxo Craig

Gaga has probably one of the largest fanbases in the world. Gaga doesn't just have a set target age group that could be classed as her demographic, her target audience is so vast. Kids who are on Tik Tok love Gaga's songs, middle aged people like Gaga's music, people who are Tony's age like Gaga's music and they even see her in concert. She isn't a flash in the pan artist who is trendy with teens and that's it, she's an artist for all and I think that's reflected in her charts, concerts, and general interest in Gaga. Even fellow artists like Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Katy Perry, and others, are huge fans of Gaga.

Chromatica was her 6th number one album. Shallow and Rain On Me were number one hits. Stupid Love reached top 5 after it leaked a month before its release. Chromatica was one of the biggest debut streams on Spotify for female albums in 2020. For being 13 years in the game, she's performing amazing on the charts. Y'all need to stop acting like Gaga isn't a force anymore or that she's a flop 

End Racism Now

The Child
37 minutes ago, Reez said:

I mean, the fact that she doesn't do great on charts for the last like 10 years got me thinking we are not that numerous (anymore)?

That’s why all of her albums since 2011 have hit the #1 spot on the billboard 200 (even a jazz cover album).

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Mother of Puppies

My mom loves a lot of Gaga’s songs too... and my dad thinks she is the most talented artist and singer of our time... and she gained a lot of respect and new fans with asib. 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

HuffsAhoy

Her talent is so vast and eclectic that we will never know how many fans she actually has. I know people from their teens to their golden years that love Lady Gaga.

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JRCF29

Gaga has a huge fan base, and a huge base of casual GP fans as well. The Fame is charting at like #140 right now, 13 years after its release with (to my knowledge) zero promo. Her longevity in the contemporary era is largely unmatched.

Don't Call Me Gaga

Roronoa

This woman is a rare gift. Let’s keep sending her lots of love and support. :vegas:

Magui
16 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Her talent is so vast and eclectic that we will never know how many fans she actually has. I know people from their teens to their golden years that love Lady Gaga.

I agree with this. She managed to reach different demographics with a range of different music, performances, etc . I know many people that love her, that would spend good money to see her live, they just don't go and buy multiple copies of her latest album, or spend much time streaming her music, but when you mention her, they all admire and respect her very much. I consider this people fans.

retrosexual123
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

Shallow - one of the biggest, if not the biggest song of 2018 with no. 1 at hot100

Stupid Love - top 5 after being leaked for a month or 2 (idr)

Rain On Me - no. 1 again, with Ariana help, but still

Chromatica - numer one for a couple of weeks

+She was really high on the 'most streamed artists" ranking

++Mostly with no promo

++Mostly with no promo 🤣

the shade hahahahahaha

Flawless

She has a big fanbase worldwide, but I didn't understood the lack of commercial success argument, you can say Chromatica is a underperformance but Shallow is a bigger hit and most recent than any pop girl had. It's massive, and it's still being streamed almost 3 yrs later, not everybody has that.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Archived