💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

SoundCloud will pay independent artists based on listeners, not streams

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

On SoundCloud, it's no longer about how many streams you have – it's about how many fans are streaming you.

Starting on April 1, SoundCloud will change the way it pays independent artists, becoming the first major streaming service to implement a so-called “user-centric” payment system.

Under SoundCloud’s “fan-powered” model, if a user paying $10 a month only listens to five artists, those five artists will get an equal split of that $10 — after SoundCloud takes its cut — no matter how many times the user listens to each of them.  

Artists signed to the 3 major record companies, won’t see their payments change next month, because of the licensing deals SoundCloud already has in place with those labels. 

The fan-powered royalties will only apply to artists who upload their music directly through one of SoundCloud’s monetization programs: Premier, Repost, and Repost Select. SoundCloud says it has “nearly 100,000” independent artists earning money through those 3 programs. 
Artists who don’t participate in those special plans will still get paid under the standard pro-rata model.

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

The Z

I didn't even know you courn earn money on SoundCloud :laughga:

Won't use it to post my music though 

Archived