girl WHAT she is not good in AHS like...at all. she is so wooden and unlifelike

In her defense, I think that was one of the points of that character

IDGAF

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToxicHot

They really really aren’t comparable.

Some of y’all are dragging her acting in AHS, and I agree that she seemed rather stiff at times and maybe even “amateur”. BUT, the character itself is very mysterious and complex. And not only that, but that backstory was interesting and explained why The Countess was so cold and ferocious. Anyway, she delivered an incredible performance......especially for her FIRST major role. I really believe that she DID deserve that Golden Globe. 

In ASIB, she is playing a singer-songwriter. I mean..... obviously Gaga’s not playing an actual version of herself, but you can’t deny that they have similar qualities. To me, the acting came a lot more natural and almost like “method acting”. Even in the scenes where she’s not shown singing or performing, she comes off as very relatable - which is GREAT! I’m happy she was a major part of the film, she has stated before that the film not only changed her career but her life too. But let’s be real, it really doesn’t seem as challenging as something that House of Gucci will be. Now THAT is gonna be interesting to watch in how she approaches the role.

ASIB - more believable and natural. AHS - unique, sexy, iconic.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

huttont

Are yinz forgetting her outstanding portrayal of La Chameleon?

6CYs.gif

What about Bertha??sindame16.gif

Justin Drew Bieber
2 minutes ago, huttont said:

Are yinz forgetting her outstanding portrayal of La Chameleon?

6CYs.gif

What about Bertha??sindame16.gif

Countess>Ally>Bertha>Chameleon

vyniildisk

It's hard to tell because in AHS she was actually acting and in ASIB she was basically playing an alternate version of herself

But yes, def ASIB

ALGAYDO

I’m glad I’m not the only who who thought her acting in AHS was underwhelming and mediocre :air: she got better and better as the season progressed tho, you can tell she was still trying to find her comfort zone. 

G U C C I

I voted for AHS accidentally :saladga: I meant to click ASIB

Her acting in AHS was not terrible at all to me. She had some really brilliant moments but the problem for me was her inconsistency. She was so different from one segment to the next that it sometimes didn't feel cohesive. 

In ASIB she isn't really acting in the same way she did in AHS. She is feeling and literally being Ally. The Countess was a character and Ally felt like a very real person. So much so that it almost seemed like she was in a documentary and not a movie.  

Also I feel like she is such a genius and knows how to win over people so well that she could be deliberately showing progress in her acting through the projects that she has done. Every one loves a success story. 

LaLuna

Not y'all calling her acting in AHS terrible and wooden :saladga:

I fail to see what an experienced actress could've done better with the role. For me it's the character itself that was a bit uninteresting. It's not like Gaga had that much to work with. I think she did great under the circumstances and given her lack of experience. I mean, does that Golden Globe she won mean nothing?

But yeah, I think she was stellar in ASIB :tony:

Archived