Better acting from Gaga?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Better acting from Gaga?

• American Horror Story
    • A Star Is Born

Featured Posts

gypsy101
29 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

The Golden Globe she received for her acting in AHS says hi :classy:.

I think you really can't compare them. In AHS, she didn't have THAT much acting experience yet and the character was far from relatable.

On the other hand, in ASIB, Gaga had much more experience and the character hit far closer to home for Gaga.

she had “much more”? she literally had one role in between which was i think one (maybe 2? it’s been a while) episode of AHS season 6

also golden globe:ladyhaha: they basically give those to the big stars for fun

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSine

Honestly I thought her performance in ASIB (outside of the music scenes) was very corny and unnatural, it was on the same level of “natural” as her first Golden Globes speech I.e. very fake, but I was also stoned when I saw it.

The only part I liked her acting was when she sings Shallow on stage for the first time, that part was very good and believable 

TimisaMonster

ASIB...she was literally crying, felt believable, and pulled you into the character...didn't think it was Gaga

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Sorcerer

Gaga's performance in AHS was kinda wooden. She couldn't deliver her dialogues well. Her star charisma did a lot to improve her screen presence. It didn't help that the season was very so-so. A lot of people hated her Golden Globe win.

ASIB tho. It was breathtaking. She really portrayed this naive ingenue with precise subtlety. She's very good in the small scenes, but I think it was her performance of INLA that made her awards-worthy. She won a Critics Choice and got multiple nominations for it deservedly.

Jose P

I’ve always found her acting on AHS very wooden and unimpressive, and that’s ok, she didn’t have a lot of acting experience. But it really wasn’t that great, and I still can’t believe she won a Globe for that role.

ASIB was absolutely much much much better 

Fresco

The AHS countess character was rather flat with regard to emotion, which must have been intentional. When she played the character in the early years flashback, the character had more natural emotional range. Not overacted, but natural and convincing.

The ASIB character had natural convincing emotional ranges. Part of me wishes Bradley could consult and give feedback on the Gucci character. :fan: :bradley:

Thomas P

she was a camp god in ahs, pretty much meaning it wasn’t great nor believable, but it was entertaining, and very Lady Gaga. It’s an iconic role, but ASIB is capital A Acting. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

TheSlash
49 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

she had “much more”? she literally had one role in between which was i think one (maybe 2? it’s been a while) episode of AHS season 6

also golden globe:ladyhaha: they basically give those to the big stars for fun

I mean at the beginning of the respective project. In AHS you can clearly see how her acting improves over the 12 episodes. And I talk about THAT experience she already had when filming ASIB.

Ew, David!

ASIB. I think her acting was very good in the movie, and had a subtle quality that went really well with the style of filmmaking from Bradley which is kind of like an old movie style

LilyLark
1 hour ago, gypsy101 said:

girl WHAT she is not good in AHS like...at all. she is so wooden and unlifelike

I didn't think she was necessarily "bad" in AHS so much as she was trying to come across as "elegant" and "inhuman" in a lot of scenes to fit in with the character....but kind of flopped in her attempt. Does that make sense? Like I think she was trying for a particular acting style and failed at conveying it more than just being bad in general.

But yeah, she was 100 times better in ASIB. I actually think her tiny bit in Roanoke was better than most of her acting in hotel. You can tell she's had coaching, etc. and that experience has helped her better her craft.

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, gypsy101 said:

girl WHAT she is not good in AHS like...at all. she is so wooden and unlifelike

That’s literally the character though. The episode with her backstory is where she shows her vulnerable side and the critics agree, it’s 100% on rotten tomatoes. 

mindintransit

ASIB of course - the Academy Award best actress nomination is voted by the actors branch of the academy – it was her first starring role and other actors considered her performance to be worthy of a best actress nomination. In a movie theater Shallow, ARUTW, INLA took my breath away but her performance was so much more. It is a beautiful, wonderful performance. And critics agreed – I love this -
Her singing is dominant, her performance fascinatingly elusive and full of life—she doesn’t so much deliver a single feeling on cue as command the screen and gradually unfold a complex range of emotions.

Sarah H
43 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

That’s literally the character though. The episode with her backstory is where she shows her vulnerable side and the critics agree, it’s 100% on rotten tomatoes. 

Exactly. That was how the character was meant to be! 

Archived