💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Golden Globes CHOKES in Ratings

JRCF29

Featured Posts

JRCF29

5.4 million viewers/1.2 in the demo

(For those that don't follow TV ratings, these numbers are incredibly poor, barely edging American Idol in the demo, and falling behind 3 other programs; 5 years ago, the show went 5.5 in the demo, which is around where an awards show should be, though virtually every award show has seen a steep viewership decline in the past dew years).

bored vince vaughn GIF by Golden Globes

https://tvline.com/2021/03/01/tv-ratings-golden-globes-2021-virtual-fey-poehler/

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kulture Kiari
Just now, Yes To Heaven said:

I honestly didn't know it was even happening

This! 

I normally am huge with award season, primarily with The Oscars and Golden Globes. But this year, I had other things to worry about, such as seeing how I'm going to help my parents with their bills due to them losing their job, making sure my mom is handling covid correctly. Idk, this year isn't a year for me to be idolizing huge celebrities that aren't taking covid seriously. Today when I was heading to work and I saw the Golden Globes was yesterday, I was just like WOW. IM SHOCKED. 

thierryrreiht

I think people’s priorities change. Yes it can be escapism, but during a pandemic, who really cares about a golden trophy given to the rich and famous?

Also because it’s an “at home” edition, the fun of having your fave celebs in the same place, and seeing them on the red carpet is completely gone. Even the VMAs didn’t do that well, and there were musical performances.

People were probably just following on twitter and wait for the notification about the category(ies) they cared about.

Butters Stotch
1 minute ago, Babel said:

awards shows are on the verge of extinction 

Sadly. I love awards shows, though I get it's old fashioned and kinda pointless.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Butters Stotch
2 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

I think people’s priorities change. Yes it can be escapism, but during a pandemic, who really cares about a golden trophy given to the rich and famous?

Literally this. I love awards show but they are kinda... superficial and empty.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

gypsy101

the ratings for award shows are going to massively suffer until the end of covid. award shows are just weird right now. they’re actually kind of culturally insensitive at the moment given the dire circumstances of the world. and i say that as someone who loves award shows. award shows make sense when things aren’t completely disastrous all across america and big groups of celebrities can gather safely together.

Justin Drew Bieber

A virtual award show sounds lame so I’m not surprised it had low ratings

Gagz4Gaga

Imagine if these greedy networks will put award shows on streaming sites like Youtube then they would have a more wide and global reach. I had a lot of frustrations on trying to watch a decent livestream yesterday and then eventually just gave up. 

nostalgia’s for geeks

ZiggyZiggs

Well the dates are all messed up. Rn we should be having the Oscars but instead that will be 2 months from now. People just don’t know when these shows are happening

LateToCult

When we see a huge spike in award show ratings next year because covid is calming down and we call it the GucciGa effect. 
B488CF46-15BD-42F3-BB6B-8110F992258C.gif

Archived