💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Possible Scam Go Fund Me For Ryan (can mods help?)

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Edited: It's legit. Not to make everything about Gaga (usually I call people out of this), but the optics are f*cking terrible...esp. as people were already accusing her of not paying his medical bills, etc despite the reports that she's financially helping and Ryan's own thanks (along with his family thanking Gaga). Her team really should contact the girl and ask her to take it down, even though she has the right to post it, and maybe offer like a 50k check to her to give to Ryan in addition to the financial support Gag is already providing. Hopefully this news won't pick up on this since it's already Friday and the story has kind of died down....

I usually don't drag Gaga's team but this is a major fail on their part.

LaLa

Multiple members of the Haus have re-posted this including Sarah (who gave it $500 herself), I'm sure they checked that it was real

Cameltoe Chariot

Sarah shared it all over her social and donated $500 to it herself. Ryan also follows this person on social. It's definitely legit.

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Multiple members of the Haus have re-posted this including Sarah (who gave it $500 herself), I'm sure they checked that it was real

Welp, not to make everything about Gaga but if I was her I'd be embarrassed someone did this for my employee. It makes it come across like she won't care for her employees financially.

People are using it to accuse her of not paying his bills and being a horrible person, etc, again even though Ryan thanked her personally in his instagram & it's been widely reported she's helping him financially. Her publicist should contact the girl...cause the media might pick up on it even though the story is nearly played out by now.

LaLa
Just now, LilyLark said:

Welp, not to make everything about Gaga but if I was her I'd be embarrassed someone did this for my employee. People are using it to accuse her of not paying his bills and being a horrible person, etc, again even though Ryan thanked her personally in his instagram & it's been widely reported she's helping him financially. Her publicist should contact the girl...cause the media might pick up on it even though the story is nearly played out by now.

I get what you're saying about the optics, but let's try not to make it all about Gaga. If some purposefully-obtuse haters drag her, so what, as you say it'll be over in  a few days. I gave some money, it made me feel better, and I don't care what he does with it. If he wants to blow it all in Vegas, enjoy!

But there are also lots of other costs associated with stuff like this, maybe he'll use it for his Mom who came to visit him, she probably doesn't want to send Gaga a bill for her hospital parking and takeout, but that stuff adds up! 

Catnikko

i don't mean this to sound ignorant but does he really need a go fund me? He's probably got more money than the majority of fans sending like £10 of their last 20 until their next pay day, like :fatcat:

LilyLark
15 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I get what you're saying about the optics, but let's try not to make it all about Gaga. If some purposefully-obtuse haters drag her, so what, as you say it'll be over in  a few days. I gave some money, it made me feel better, and I don't care what he does with it. If he wants to blow it all in Vegas, enjoy!

But there are also lots of other costs associated with stuff like this, maybe he'll use it for his Mom who came to visit him, she probably doesn't want to send Gaga a bill for her hospital parking and takeout, but that stuff adds up! 

The thing is verified Go Fund Me's are often linked in serious news stories (or tweeted out by journos) and people often associate Go Fund Mes with people who need help with their medical bills, so it wouldn't just be a "few haters" but people reading an article in the L.A. Times, etc....and normies  & non stans often just skim news so they won't pick up on her mentioning that Gaga will cover bills, etc. or the other reporting...just probably only recall the Go Fund Me part.

Gaga's team is d*mn lucky this hasn't been covered. There's a certain reporter/influencer (won't name him, just in case) with a massive following (like 700k followers) who has been covering this & is often low key shady about Gaga...if he tweeted this out she would be getting dragged to h*ll...and I wouldn't put it past him to tweet it out & imply she's not covering his bills as he's ripped into her before (R Kelly, V Magazine, etc.) and has tweeted misleading sh*t about other celebrities.

I get what you mean—not to make everything about Gaga (I usually call people out on that, too)—but the optics are just so bad IF it gets picked up on still. Like her team is d*mn lucky it's Friday and the story is pretty much played out..so the chance of it getting picked up is near to zero. I normally refrain from bashing her team, but the smart thing to do would be to contact the woman, say they know she means well and has the right to post it, but politely ask her to take it down and offer an additional 50k check to give to Ryan.

Mother of Puppies

That's what I was fearing too...

as nice as it is and as much as he deserves it, I fear this will make Gaga look bad and people might think she doesn't care or whatever...

I just hope that won't happen, because I couldn't even think of one "celeb" that is as generous, empathetic and kind as Gaga. They can bash her for shitty outfits and all that, but this kind of accusation she does not deserve at all.

So let's just hope that won't happen.:heart:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Healed My Heart

Of course I don't know everyone's financial details, but this all feels weird to me. It's kinda making people look bad all around imo.

She/her 💗💜💙

GagaSine

I don’t think it makes Gaga look bad, she’s not his parent or something so she is not obligated to pay every single one of his bills and life expenses.

I am all for rich people using their wealth for good and not being greedy but like what does Gaga have to do to get people off her back? Let him live on her dime for the rest of his life? I’m sure even he does not want that. I’m sure she feels forever guilty and like she owes him, and it’s been reported that she already paid his hospital bills.

Let him get some sympathy money from friends and the public :shrug: the world shouldn’t revolve around Gaga’s PR. People will sadly always have an excuse to hate her and she has already done more than what other rich people would do for someone they employ.

LaLa
7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I normally refrain from bashing her team, but the smart thing to do would be to contact the woman, say they know she means well and has the right to post it, but politely ask her to take it down and offer an additional 50k check to give to Ryan.

I hope I'm not coming across as an argumentative asshole, because I do get what you're saying and I know you just care about Gaga. But I think this would actually make things worse, if they did that and THAT story got out. It would make Gaga seem VERY self-centered imo. Like, no one is allowed to help him but her?

If you read the comments people who donated are leaving, many actually know Ryan personally. I just think it's crazy to say to his actual friends, family, other clients, neighbours etc, "sorry, you can't help out your loved one because it would make his rich boss look bad". Ryan has a whole life that has nothing to do with her. If a Gaga stan account made this, sure, I'd say take it down. But this is literally his real life friend. 

GoFundMe's are still a big thing here in Canada even though people don't get hospital bills, it lets people who feel helpless feel like they're doing something. Even if the NYT ran a front page story about how Gaga is evil, I still don't think it would be worth taking away everyone else's autonomy in the situation. 

Cameltoe Chariot

Why is everyone being so weird about this and negative towards Gaga? It feels like no matter what she's done people have found a way to see it as a bad move. Everyone is so obsessed with the "optics" of everything these days and it's really depressing.

It's almost like Gaga publicly posting her receipt for Ryan's medical bills is more important than her one-on-one relationship with him. And let's be real... if she posted the receipts the comments would be nothing but people dragging her for showing off her charity.

Social media is a f*cking disease :saladga:

Archived