đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Possible Scam Go Fund Me For Ryan (can mods help?)

LilyLark

Featured Posts

Healed My Heart

I'm for sure over-analyzing this, but it all just feels a little weird to me. Not that his friends and family want to support him financially - of course they do - but the publicity of it. Like... it's one thing to donate to a GoFundMe someone started, but for team members to promote it on SM, it's being pushed to a wide audience probably mostly comprised of fans, and the implied message is that money is needed. Knowing Gaga is offering financial support, it just feels a little gross to me to ask for money from people who have far fewer resources. I don't know, maybe I'm alone in this it just feels kind of exploitative :huh:

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

AshIey

I kinda changed my mind on this. Like obviously Gaga is going to pay his medical bills and for any physical therapy or regular therapy needed after etc., but the money from the Go Fund Me can go to his family who maybe had to take time off work to visit him, or stay with him at home while he recovers.

LilyLark
9 hours ago, Healed My Heart said:

I'm for sure over-analyzing this, but it all just feels a little weird to me. Not that his friends and family want to support him financially - of course they do - but the publicity of it. Like... it's one thing to donate to a GoFundMe someone started, but for team members to promote it on SM, it's being pushed to a wide audience probably mostly comprised of fans, and the implied message is that money is needed. Knowing Gaga is offering financial support, it just feels a little gross to me to ask for money from people who have far fewer resources. I don't know, maybe I'm alone in this it just feels kind of exploitative :huh:

This. I understand why the Go Fund Me was created (friends might have wanted to try and help themselves), but I also feel like there's become a culture of creating Go Fund Me's even if they aren't necessarily needed and that's always left me with kind of a weird...feeling (this isn't only a Gaga thing, it's something I've noticed as of late). I'm sure this might be money to give to his mom or whatever, but...

And I agree members of the Haus retweeting this is worse (although I think Sarah is the only "big" member) as it a) implies Gaga isn't paying his bills (we know she's at least paying his medical bills, and it's been heavily implied/basically confirmed that she's covering other costs)) and b) they know fans will see it & assume he needs money & donate. Also, even if Gaga was a heinous person I'm 99% sure that her lawyer would cut a check beyond the medical bills to avoid any possible lawsuits (you'd be surprised at how people can sue over anything these days)....so I really, really doubt money is an issue.

The whole thing just kind of comes off as "off" imo.

FrederickSpears

It does make Gaga look bad, and I believe she is paying his medical bills which then it also makes HIM look bad because it's like he is using this to make even more money off of it :rip: Not a good look at all for any involved.

FrederickSpears

Maybe this Go Fund Me is for him to live off of because he won't be able to work for a while? I mean, I'm pretty sure Gaga would probably keep paying him even if he couldn't work so none of it really makes sense.

Archived