Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift drags G&G and Netflix (as she should)

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Sepsami
1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

This is exactly what that means

Not in the same way, but yes, every woman, lmao what?

No it doesn't, and plenty of women will disagree with you on that. Sexism isn't a one way street either, men can be a victim of sexism too.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life
11 minutes ago, MOT said:

She's dead right. It's ok for them to just pull her in out of nowhere as if her name is their property to do whatever they like with, but it's not ok for her to reply ? Nope. She can shrug it off if she likes, but if she wants to take two minutes of her time to give them a bit back, that's her prerogative.

this.

don’t dish out what you can’t take back.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

ThisGuyTony

That joke is as outdated and stale as “Gaga is a man” or “Justin Bieber is gay.” :air: 

If you’re going to be in the spotlight, you’re going to have “jokes” made about you. :smh: 

There’s also nothing wrong with dating or seeing various guys. If it doesn’t work out, you can see if someone else is a better match. :shrug:

I don’t see that quote as slut shaming and more of “you can’t find the right guy so you go through them faster than Taylor.” And again, Taylor did date various guys, which I don’t think is a bad thing if you’re trying to find a good match. :laughga:

Taylor may be offended but I don’t think it was meant to be a deep attack on her either. 

Regina George
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I really like Taylor but like... she literally dated multiple men back-to-back and wrote countless songs about them... why is pointing that out not okay? It’d be the same as if a male artist would to do that. There’s nothing wrong with what she did obviously, but there’s also nothing wrong with pointing that out :rip:

The only reply with common sense in this thread. 

Sepsami
Just now, kukuryku666 said:

In ever oppressed group there's a person to disagree, this doesn't change anything

You don't need to approve or acknowledge your opression to be real.

She don't have the same problems as a normal woman, but take her, take another successful male artists and here you go, opression right here.

Oppression: 

prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority.

In what way is Taylor oppressed, or other women. My mom is a woman, but definitely not oppressed, neither are my sisters. I'm gay and I'm not oppressed. Because we are blessed enough to live in a coutry that values equality.

If you start throwing terms like oppression around, it loses it's meaning and that's dangerous. :neyde:

HIM820
9 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

No it doesn't, and plenty of women will disagree with you on that. Sexism isn't a one way street either, men can be a victim of sexism too.

What? I think you should look up some theories on sexism and misogyny. It impacts probably every woman in the world because there is no escaping it. It’s built into major systems of government, business and even in the framework of capitalism. Whether a woman notices it or not, it is how she perceives her place in the world. It also really has nothing to do with the women’s class status. Yes there are degrees to it all, and by Taylor being a blonde white pop star she is afforded certain things others aren’t, especially people of color. 

3 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

In ever oppressed group there's a person to disagree, this doesn't change anything

You don't need to approve or acknowledge your opression for it to be real.

She don't have the same problems as a normal woman, but take her, take another successful male artists and here you go, opression right here.

Taylor Swift, arguably the biggest popstar in the world is oppressed. You're funny.

Morphine Prince
25 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

They didn’t say that was a bad thing, but it puts it into perspective for some people. 

10 guys in 15 years is a pretty small number when you think about it.

Also, whether it were 10 or 100, who cares, it’s her life, it’s who she wants to make music about, it’s no one else’s concern.

It’s about public perception. When one single is about Harry Styles and the next is about Jake Gyllenghal (all famous celebrities), the public will see it as “Wow, Taylor is dating so much!” 

And actually, she is the one who made these songs about her exes and chose to promote them this way. She made it the public’s concern. 

And to be clear, I’m not saying her dating 10 men or whatever is a bad thing. It just is what it is. 

FentyGa
1 hour ago, Dante said:

Not being able to laugh at yourself isn't cute either.

1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

It’s a joke. She needs to get over it.

there’s nothing funny about it. her getting dragged for the same things men do with no consequence. dating like any normal 20-something, and writing songs as a creative output.

it’s just funny how gays are the first to go “britney was dragged in the 2000s for no reason:fatcat:“ and “AMY DESERVED BETTER” but then when an artist calls out a misogynistic “joke”, she’s doing too much. i just think it’s funny.

FentyGa
4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Taylor Swift, arguably the biggest popstar in the world is oppressed. You're funny.

well...yes:laughga: she still suffers from misogyny

just like beyoncé still suffers from racism, or troye sivan still suffers from homophobia. rich people still face struggles

Mikolaj

Didn't expect to come here to a whole bunch of people saying she's in the wrong. :rip: 

"A man can react, a woman can only overreact", you all are literally proving that point she made years ago. She's not ok with a joke about herself, she has every right (and a good reason) to call it out.

BUtterfield 8
5 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

there’s nothing funny about it. her getting dragged for the same things men do with no consequence. dating like any normal 20-something, and writing songs as a creative output.

it’s just funny how gays are the first to go “britney was dragged in the 2000s for no reason:fatcat:“ and “AMY DESERVED BETTER” but then when an artist calls out a misogynistic “joke”, she’s doing too much. i just think it’s funny.

Taylor wasn’t being hounded by the paparazzi while she was having a unfortunate public mental meltdown or dealing with an unfortunate drug addiction 

she just had a lot of boyfriends

FentyGa
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

Taylor wasn’t being hounded by the paparazzi while she was having a unfortunate public mental meltdown or dealing with an unfortunate drug addiction 

she just had a lot of boyfriends

and was bullied for it for years. every headline about her, every interview. she was the butt of the joke for years, and still is.

i’m not saying she experienced exactly the same thing as brit, but if you’re gonna defend popstars against the media, let’s not be hypocritical.

Archived