💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Love Island South Africa criticised over predominantly white cast

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

PRC_184674795.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

Love Island South Africa has come under fire for launching with a predominantly white cast despite Black people making up the majority of the country. 

The new spin-off series, dubbed Love Island SA, debuted this weekend with 10 new contestants shacked up in a villa together looking for love and the chance to win R1 million (£47,500). 

However, many were unimpressed after the cast was revealed to find that the opening line-up features just one Black female contestant,  and only two other Black men. 

It’s not yet known if the next set of contestants, who typically arrive throughout the series, will be more diverse.

Source

BUtterfield 8
4 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Everything is sexist, racist, people are so ridiculous. :bye:

So you don’t think it’s wrong for a reality show based in South Africa to have more white people thank black people?

Supersonic

All offense: Love Island is kinda trashy and where the attention-whoring scum usually ends up on TV (along with The Bachelor). This is one of the very few times where I wouldn't kick and scream about diversity :chica: 

Biggest Bitch
19 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

So you don’t think it’s wrong for a reality show based in South Africa to have more white people thank black people?

So you don't think it's wrong for a historical movie based in England to have a black actress as queen of England? We are all fighting for equality, but most of you (Call me racist, I don't care, I know I'm not racist) only care about black culture. Nowadays GGD doesn't fight for equality, we are racist towards white people, especially towards white straight males. Most of you acting hypocritical, but the truth is that we aren't better than the "racist white people":bye:

Serial Chiller
5 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

So you don't think it's wrong for a historical movie based in England to have a black actress as queen of England? We are all fighting for equality, but most of you (Call me racist, I don't care, I know I'm not racist) only care about black culture. Nowadays GGD doesn't fight for equality, we are racist towards white people, especially towards white straight males. Most of you acting hypocritical, but the truth is that we aren't better than the "racist white people":bye:

Disgusting. Please close the door on your way out. 

Biggest Bitch
Just now, Serial Chiller said:

Disgusting. Please close the door on your way out. 

I was waiting for that comment. 

The Truth Reality GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

BUtterfield 8
13 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

:lmao:

The Child
18 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

White racism doesn’t exist. Check the definition of racism, white people can be discriminated against but racism against them doesn’t exist. Racism is a system that puts White people above everyone else. Learn your history. Think and do research before opening your mouth. Have a nice day.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Shipper
17 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

You are talking about Bridgerton? :laughga:

Seriously? It is on the same kind as Fifty Shades and Twilight. It is a fantasy show. It is no way meant to be a real documentary show. White people have taken so many roles from POC like Cleopatra, some traditionally japanese shows they put a white guy as a samurai or they just dont bother and paint themselves black to play the role. And now because of one show you are complaining?

aziz ansari indian GIF by bypriyashah

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

ALGAYDO
54 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Omg what are you smoking :rip:

Biggest Bitch
1 hour ago, The Child said:

White racism doesn’t exist. Check the definition of racism, white people can be discriminated against but racism against them doesn’t exist. Racism is a system that puts White people above everyone else. Learn your history. Think and do research before opening your mouth. Have a nice day.

White racism doesn’t exist? I think you should do research sis :trollga: 

1 hour ago, Shipper said:

You are talking about Bridgerton? :laughga:

Seriously? It is on the same kind as Fifty Shades and Twilight. It is a fantasy show. It is no way meant to be a real documentary show. White people have taken so many roles from POC like Cleopatra, some traditionally japanese shows they put a white guy as a samurai or they just dont bother and paint themselves black to play the role. And now because of one show you are complaining?

aziz ansari indian GIF by bypriyashah

It was just an example, you totally did not get the point of my view :bear:

The Child
16 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

White racism doesn’t exist? I think you should do research sis :trollga: 

It was just an example, you totally did not get the point of my view :bear:

It doesn’t. Google is free. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived