Jump to content

Chromatica out now

politics

Biden drops pro-Amazon Union support vlog


StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

This is a pretty good move and I’m here for it. Amazon has been insane with their union busting lately it’s so gross. I know Bezos is fuming! :applause:

Here’s a detailed back story of how insane Amazon has been 

 

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But he won't accept the minimum wage raise to $15 per hour? :triggered:

ugh idk... apparently its all in Kamala’d hands. both are def. needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gabeoz
18 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But he won't accept the minimum wage raise to $15 per hour? :triggered:

He’s the one who introduced it to begin with? I’m tired of this misplaced blaming. There are plenty of things to critique Biden about- but blaming Biden for the minimum wage does absolutely nothing when he’s the biggest pusher for it and has reiterated his commitment to $15M min wage even if it doesn’t pass in the stim package. The fact is that Manchin (and possibly Sinema) has already said that he won’t vote to uphold Kamalas overruling if she did try tO overrule the parliamentary l.

People in the Dem party definitely Need to be held accountable, but running to blame the same 4 people when it’s not their fault won’t change a thing.

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
41 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But he won't accept the minimum wage raise to $15 per hour? :triggered:

That's a massive oversimplification. He won't overturn the parliamentarian, but even if he did and even if Harris cast a vote.... Sinema and Manchin are not on board even though people have been pressing them hard. Harris even went to Arizona and went on local news channels to pressure Sinema.

Also, not overturning the parliamentarian/Harris not casting a vote/Harris and Sinema not being on board to have $15 as part of the COVID relief package doesn't mean no one supports $15. It means it can't get passed as part of this particular passage and holding up the package, which includes a ton of UI, checks, etc. for the minimum wage increase when it can be fought next month isn't worth it.

There's a LOT to criticize Biden for, but putting the $15 debacle 100% or even 30% on him isn't fair. It's also one of the things I honestly do believe he supports (along with normalizing relations with Iran), instead of something just said for the election, as he's been for a $15 since 2014. What we need to do is primary Krysten Sinema.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
28 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

He’s the one who introduced it to begin with? I’m tired of this misplaced blaming. There are plenty of things to critique Biden about- but blaming Biden for the minimum wage does absolutely nothing when he’s the biggest pusher for it and has reiterated his commitment to $15M min wage even if it doesn’t pass in the stim package. The fact is that Manchin (and possibly Sinema) has already said that he won’t vote to uphold Kamalas overruling if she did try tO overrule the parliamentary l.

People in the Dem party definitely Need to be held accountable, but running to blame the same 4 people when it’s not their fault won’t change a thing.

Yeah, the person who needs to be dragged for this sh*t is primarily Sinema. If Sinema fell in line—and she should, as Mark Kelly supports $15 too, Manchin would probably agree to $15 since he folds like a deck of cards half the time. She basically has no excuse considering Kelly is only marginally more liberal than her, from the same state, and yet supports a handful of popular progressive stances like the $15 min wage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AJRocketMan
53 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But he won't accept the minimum wage raise to $15 per hour? :triggered:

He does. It’s not him that’s the problem, it’s the Senate Parliamentarian. Also Kamala, because she doesn’t even attempt to contest the action, regardless if she would be successful or not. She has to at least try.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
efrs
49 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

The fact is that Manchin (and possibly Sinema) has already said that he won’t vote to uphold Kamalas overruling if she did try tO overrule the parliamentary l.

Btw the senate parliamentarian is such a scapegoat for this issue rn bc they have no real power idk why they're suddenly singlehandedly killing the minimum wage part of the bill. They're literally just an advisory position lol 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SevenWonder
44 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

That's a massive oversimplification. He won't overturn the parliamentarian, but even if he did and even if Harris cast a vote.... Sinema and Manchin are not on board even though people have been pressing them hard. Harris even went to Arizona and went on local news channels to pressure Sinema.

Also, not overturning the parliamentarian/Harris not casting a vote/Harris and Sinema not being on board to have $15 as part of the COVID relief package doesn't mean no one supports $15. It means it can't get passed as part of this particular passage and holding up the package, which includes a ton of UI, checks, etc. for the minimum wage increase when it can be fought next month isn't worth it.

There's a LOT to criticize Biden for, but putting the $15 debacle 100% or even 30% on him isn't fair. It's also one of the things I honestly do believe he supports (along with normalizing relations with Iran), instead of something just said for the election, as he's been for a $15 since 2014. What we need to do is primary Krysten Sinema.

Thanks for saying this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

He’s the one who introduced it to begin with? I’m tired of this misplaced blaming. There are plenty of things to critique Biden about- but blaming Biden for the minimum wage does absolutely nothing when he’s the biggest pusher for it and has reiterated his commitment to $15M min wage even if it doesn’t pass in the stim package. The fact is that Manchin (and possibly Sinema) has already said that he won’t vote to uphold Kamalas overruling if she did try tO overrule the parliamentary l.

People in the Dem party definitely Need to be held accountable, but running to blame the same 4 people when it’s not their fault won’t change a thing.

 

49 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

That's a massive oversimplification. He won't overturn the parliamentarian, but even if he did and even if Harris cast a vote.... Sinema and Manchin are not on board even though people have been pressing them hard. Harris even went to Arizona and went on local news channels to pressure Sinema.

Also, not overturning the parliamentarian/Harris not casting a vote/Harris and Sinema not being on board to have $15 as part of the COVID relief package doesn't mean no one supports $15. It means it can't get passed as part of this particular passage and holding up the package, which includes a ton of UI, checks, etc. for the minimum wage increase when it can be fought next month isn't worth it.

There's a LOT to criticize Biden for, but putting the $15 debacle 100% or even 30% on him isn't fair. It's also one of the things I honestly do believe he supports (along with normalizing relations with Iran), instead of something just said for the election, as he's been for a $15 since 2014. What we need to do is primary Krysten Sinema.

I'm a Biden supporter and voted for Biden. I read a misleading article (on here) that said he rejected the bill which obviously I now know was false, so thank you for clarifying.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland

YES omg yay finally!!! This is amazing 

21 minutes ago, efrs said:

Btw the senate parliamentarian is such a scapegoat for this issue rn bc they have no real power idk why they're suddenly singlehandedly killing the minimum wage part of the bill. They're literally just an advisory position lol 

Yeah and also that tiny tiny bit in the constitution about the separation of powers.

Biden and Kamala shouldn't have anything to do with the rules of the legislative branch imo. Overruling the Senate parliamentarian is something McConnell never even did. 

Plus, it wouldn't even change the fact that every Republican plus our favorite WV Democrat would kill the provision anyway. In life, there's this thing called political capital, and it's a finite resource. You've got to be tactful and chose your battles.... 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
AJRocketMan
35 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

YES omg yay finally!!! This is amazing 

Yeah and also that tiny tiny bit in the constitution about the separation of powers.

Biden and Kamala shouldn't have anything to do with the rules of the legislative branch imo. Overruling the Senate parliamentarian is something McConnell never even did. 

Plus, it wouldn't even change the fact that every Republican plus our favorite WV Democrat would kill the provision anyway. In life, there's this thing called political capital, and it's a finite resource. You've got to be tactful and chose your battles.... 

I don’t think the Senate Majority Leader can contest the Senate Parliamentarian — the Vice President, however, definitely can, and has. The last time the SP was challenged by the VP was in the mid ‘70s. Maybe it’s time to do it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland
26 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Maybe it’s time to do it again.

ok and for what

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lion Heart

Okay, now drop Neera Tanden 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...