Chromatica out now

society

Wolf makes history on lengthy journey to California

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

BB1e4HHa.img?h=480&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

A grey wolf has made the longest tracked journey of any wolf over the last century, venturing hundreds of miles from its home range in Oregon to California’s Sierra Nevada.

The wolf, a male called OR-93, has been fitted with a GPS collar, allowing officials at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to monitor his progress as he made his way to Mono County, found in the Sierra Nevada mountain range near the border with Nevada.

Conservationists hope that OR-93 may help establish a foothold for wolves in the Sierras. Fewer than a dozen grey wolves now live in California, with the species wiped out in the state in the 20th century due to a government-backed program to eradicate them to protect the livestock industry.

“We’re thrilled to learn this wolf is exploring deep into the Sierra Nevada, since scientists have said all along this is great wolf habitat,” said Amaroq Weiss, senior west coast wolf advocate with the Center for Biological Diversity. “He’s another beacon of hope, showing that wolves can return here and flourish as long as they remain legally protected.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/27/oregon-wolf-journey-california-wolves

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 3
Agunimon

He said

So I just packed my baggage and
Said goodbye to family and friends
And took the road to nowhere on my own

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
HEARTSTOP

Pretty insane that they went practically extinct due to a government-imposed capitalist program. Disgusting.

Send nudes
  • Like 1
Miel
51 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Pretty insane that they went practically extinct due to a government-imposed capitalist program. Disgusting.

Specifically for livestock, too. It's just... a lot to think about omg

3 points in and ready for more
GagaSine

I love wolves, it is really sad how humans viewed them as enemies  for so long as they are essential for the environment