Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grimes made $5.8M in under 20 minutes selling crypto-based artwork

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JazzGa

So is the whole "crypto art" thing basically... digital baseball cards/super rare Yugioh cards? :madge:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

Also this whole thing is obviously nothing more than a way for the ultrarich to obfuscate and conceal the way they're spending their money

alsemanche

Guess she really is desperate to assimilate with her new rich friends huh

Soft, soothing, and succulent

RainingOnMe
12 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Guess she really is desperate to assimilate with her new rich friends huh

Exactly what I was thinking :noparty:

Elon really changed her...

GagaSine
1 hour ago, Awakened M said:

I'm sorry.

As much as I love Grimes, she's niche to me.

Her baby daddy people got that maybe for her.

She may be queen of the underground, but still...

I'm not mad. I'm just curious about how she racked this all up so quickly. 

You’d be surprised how much rich people love spending their money on weird art

DelusionalGaga

The good sis Elon Musty buying her art so that she doesn't feel bad about herself 

tenor.gif?itemid=5729691

Nathaniel Arven
21 hours ago, Healed My Heart said:

I'm not going to pretend I fully comprehend this. But apparently this has a devastating ecological impact...

https://joanielemercier.com/the-problem-of-cryptoart/

"It will take a tree 12 years to offset the minting of a single NFT"

isn't she portraying the villain of climate change in her last record ? ^^

Healed My Heart
3 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

isn't she portraying the villain of climate change in her last record ? ^^

I'm not a Grimes fan so I don't really know anything about her music. But the conversations I've been seeing (not just about Grimes, but about cryptoart in general) have been focusing on the fact that many people naively think this is a sustainable way to create and invest in art, given that it's all digital. But, in fact, the amount of energy (mostly fossil fuels) needed to create it is huge.

She/her 💗💜💙

JazzGa
29 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

I'm not a Grimes fan so I don't really know anything about her music. But the conversations I've been seeing (not just about Grimes, but about cryptoart in general) have been focusing on the fact that many people naively think this is a sustainable way to create and invest in art, given that it's all digital. But, in fact, the amount of energy (mostly fossil fuels) needed to create it is huge.

I predict that no one's art will be valued in this system except a select few celebrities who are already successful and have recognizable names. This isn't going to provide new inroads for struggling artists or anything like that. It's just another pastime for extremely rich people to use to spend and bury their money and put hyperinflated arbitrary values on "digital collectibles." 

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

I predict that no one's art will be valued in this system except a select few celebrities who are already successful and have recognizable names. This isn't going to provide new inroads for struggling artists or anything like that. It's just another pastime for extremely rich people to use to spend and bury their money and put hyperinflated arbitrary values on "digital collectibles." 

Steve Aoki is dropping next week.
This is probably 'game' of rich people who just want to pull in other people to spend there their saving, thinking that they can earn a lot on digital art. But in the end they will lost their money.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

JazzGa
1 minute ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Steve Aoki is dropping next week.
This is probably 'game' of rich people who just want to pull in other people to spend there their saving, thinking that they can earn a lot on digital art. But in the end they will lost their money.

I want Banksy to get involved in this, make all the rich ppl salivate for him, and blow it all up somehow just like when he did the auction of the auto-shredding stencil. I need him to make all these technocrats look like pompous fools just like he does with the art snobs :laughga:

Luke78619

Those pics in the OP are fire, loving those visuals

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Leblanc

I have a friend who owns a few small pieces of crypto art, I get that most people here don't seem to understand the potential value it can have but in a weird way it's just something to invest in that can make you more money. 

By all means, I thought it was ridiculous at first but money is money at the end of the day. It really could take off and we'll be hearing much more of it.

I always let the good ones go

Teletubby

Grimes thanked an egg who has bought her video for $388,938:billie:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived