💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga will pay $97,500 medical bills of ‘hero’ Ryan

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

It's so f*cked. There are countries where both parents get weeks/months of paid time away from work to adjust to life with a newborn.

In the US it's "oh, your baby died? That sucks. Anyway, you owe us money. We will take your car and furniture to force you to pay your debt. I hope you saved on vacation hours too 'cause you're going to need them LOLOLOL"

3rd world country :huntyga:

When I was in grad school, my fellow classmate's health insurance would've covered costs for his wife to have an abortion but not her pregnancy. So messed up. 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 hour ago, SamanthaC said:

Yes health insurance should be part of that, but health insurance in the US sucks and they escape paying for anything they can

Don't forget to mention that if a settlement is met in a civil court, your insurance company can and WILL sue you to get that settlement money to pay them back.

Like why even have insurance :sharon:

🖤

PartySick
Just now, Franch Toast said:

When I was in grad school, my fellow classmate's health insurance would've covered costs for his wife to have an abortion but not her pregnancy. So messed up. 

W h a t :toofunny:

Let's all emmigrate tbh

🖤

21 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Why won’t democrats do universal healthcare? 

It's the Republicans who won't do it. The democrats have been pushing for it forever. 

The irony is that all the lawmakers in the USA already have socialized healthcare. The federal health insurance is basically free to them. It's similar to the military health insurance I have. Great coverage, almost no out of pocket costs. 

Delulu Rogers
19 minutes ago, NT78 said:

It's the Republicans who won't do it. The democrats have been pushing for it forever. 

The irony is that all the lawmakers in the USA already have socialized healthcare. The federal health insurance is basically free to them. It's similar to the military health insurance I have. Great coverage, almost no out of pocket costs. 

Wait but I’m confused. Aren’t democrats in power rn? And wasn’t Obama in power for 8 years? Why didn’t they do it? Idk how American politics work lol. 

16 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Wait but I’m confused. Aren’t democrats in power rn? And wasn’t Obama in power for 8 years? Why didn’t they do it? Idk how American politics work lol. 

LOL. Yeah, it's pretty complicated. One side can't just unilaterally pass whatever laws they want. They can do that SOMETIMES, but that kind of power is limited. 

Obama did sort of pass a free market version of universal healthcare, but not really. But then Trump spent 4 years trying to "undo" it. 

The thing is, it's expensive no matter how you do it. No one ever wants to pay higher taxes. 

19 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Plss almost 100k...America’s health system is really working against patients that’s insane...Can someone from USA say what happens if you don’t have that much money?

The hospital usually will send you bill in the mail for whatever your insurance doesn’t cover (all of it if you aren’t covered). From them, or even the doctor in some cases. From there it goes to collections and your credit score. For pharmacies, and doctor visits there are upfront costs that you pay at the visit with money or insurance, or there is no visit pretty much. Some offices offer scaled pricing based on income. 

And I seriously doubt most companies cover much of the care he needed. 
Gaga is his employer after all and he was attacked and injured while working. She’s obviously going to pay whatever is due. 

LilyLark

Normally I wouldn't trust the Mirror, but it's one of many places that said or implied she was paying his bills.  Also, his family thanked the medical team and Gaga which is basically a confirmation she paid, imo, to be included in that statement. Plus, even if she hadn't been included in his family's statement she was his employer so it makes sense for her to pay his bills.

But yeah, this is a good example of how f*cked up health insurance is in this country. Some COVID patients were being charged crazy amounts, too, even though in a pandemic you apparently aren't supposed to have to pay (some legal loophole that insurers were just ignoring).

LilyLark
1 hour ago, GLK said:

The hospital usually will send you bill in the mail for whatever they don’t cover (all of it if you are covered). From them, or even the doctor in some cases. From there it goes to collections and your credit score. For pharmacies, and doctor visits there are upfront costs that you pay at the visit with money or insurance, or there is no visit pretty much. Some offices offer scaled pricing based on income. 

And I seriously doubt most companies cover much of the care he needed. 
Gaga is his employer after all and he was attacked and injured while working. She’s obviously going to pay whatever is due. 

I feel like the worst part is there are some (not a lot) legal loopholes in which certain people can escape crushing medical debt (usually due to income), but the hospitals will never point it out and charge people anyway.  The only way to take advantage of said loopholes is to know about them and legally contest the bill, but few people know they exist. It just shows how callous the system is....some health reporters were talking about it on twitter a few months ago.

Also, the pre-existing clause that existed before the ACA was insane. I always tell my relatives who aren't from the US that as horrific as our healthcare is today, it was even worse 15 years ago.

littlepotter
8 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Oh no what will the wine moms on Facebook whine about now? :yennefer:

That it's less money than the dogs :bear:

chaeri pls

TSUNAMI

Lol. Was her not taking care of it even a question?

Come on, how many times does she have to prove that she's a decent human being?

MANiCURE 6
10 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Nearly $100k???? B*tch, if you shoot me you better k*ll me. :triggered:

US are kinda f*cked up with its medical system 😅

Archived