Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga will pay $97,500 medical bills of ‘hero’ Ryan

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Agunimon
12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

For Doctors saving my life? Priceless 

But it's not priceless and a lot of people whose lives are saved by doctors end up paying for it for years.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

For Doctors saving my life? Priceless 

You realize we're not suggesting the doctors don't get paid, right? Of course they deserve to be compensated for their labor.

We're making a completely different point about how that billing and payment process could be streamlined with universal healthcare where the federal government handles the fees, instead of a constant back-and-forth billing war and inflated costs between each of many private health insurance companies vs. each of many hospital systems' administrations.

⚡🐲

At risk of offending Mr Fischers family, nothing personal truly, I think Gaga is being generous. He ran a business that walks dogs for multiple clients. Health insurance should be part of the business operating expenses. The dogs were under the care of his business when they were stolen. Now I'm done playing devils advocate. Sorry about that. The shooter really deserves to pay for all the expenses.

I know nothing about this incident. However, I purchase health insurance off the American insurance exchange. Everyone is supposed to have health insurance in the USA! All of the policies that are listed on the exchange have a maximum yearly out of pocket. Mine is $9,000. So, no matter how many hundreds of thousands of dollars my bills may be, I would only have to pay $9,000, which is still quite alot for most working Americans. I've only paid out of pocket maximum 1 year and I was incredibly happy for that maximum and insurance. (whew)

[As an aside, getting a price estimate for a treatment used to depend on which insurance you carried, so the practitioners varied their prices depending on who was paying. It's seems so shady sometimes and these are huge $/hour fees that all get added up.] 

JohnWayne92
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Imagine having to pay almost 100K$ because someone shot you in the street!
What a ****ed up system

America is one ****ed up system. Send help. 

LaLuna
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Their price has nothing on their ethics too :ladyhaha:

When my cousin had a late term miscarriage, the hospital had already contacted a collection agency and was prepared to put leans on her stuff before they even had a burial for the baby.

The US is literally a 3rd world country with iPhones. You can't convince me otherwise :laughga:

That's... wow. I have no words. 

I hate America. I really do :saladga:

SharkmanthaC
31 minutes ago, Fresco said:

At risk of offending Mr Fischers family, nothing personal truly, I think Gaga is being generous. He ran a business that walks dogs for multiple clients. Health insurance should be part of the business operating expenses. The dogs were under the care of his business when they were stolen. Now I'm done playing devils advocate. Sorry about that. The shooter really deserves to pay for all the expenses.

I know nothing about this incident. However, I purchase health insurance off the American insurance exchange. Everyone is supposed to have health insurance in the USA! All of the policies that are listed on the exchange have a maximum yearly out of pocket. Mine is $9,000. So, no matter how many hundreds of thousands of dollars my bills may be, I would only have to pay $9,000, which is still quite alot for most working Americans. I've only paid out of pocket maximum 1 year and I was incredibly happy for that maximum and insurance. (whew)

[As an aside, getting a price estimate for a treatment used to depend on which insurance you carried, so the practitioners varied their prices depending on who was paying. It's seems so shady sometimes and these are huge $/hour fees that all get added up.] 

Yes health insurance should be part of that, but health insurance in the US sucks and they escape paying for anything they can. Also he was injured on the job, therefore, workers' comp should cover his medical bills. If he was just freelance, he wouldn't have these benefits. 

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC
4 hours ago, weed said:

Jesus Christ, $100k to not die from getting shot walking your dogs 

hope he recovers emotionally without so much trauma 

It would have been higher had he died. And then funeral costs. Imagine having a loved one die and get hit with a 100k bill. :saladga:

4 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Plss almost 100k...America’s health system is really working against patients that’s insane...Can someone from USA say what happens if you don’t have that much money?

Hi this is .... from ...... The purpose of this call is to collect a debt, any information obtained in this call will be used to collect a debt. 

Welcome to medical bill collections. :interestinga: And it will ruin your credit. 

(I used to work in collections, so I know the speech.)

I can go on and on about how stuff costs way too much in the US for medical care, even basic care. 

she/her/hers

ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Nearly $100k???? B*tch, if you shoot me you better k*ll me. :triggered:

I’ve always told my parents/close friends/significant others that, in case of a medical emergency (e.g., a stroke, heart attack, hit by a bus, shot, etc.) to just let me die because I am NOT gonna pay the $100,000 bill :rip:

2 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

Yes health insurance should be part of that, but health insurance in the US sucks and they escape paying for anything they can. Also he was injured on the job, therefore, workers' comp should cover his medical bills. If he was just freelance, he wouldn't have these benefits. 

:saladga:

I really hope the cops catch the shooters so Mr Fischer can relieve them of all their existing money  and  future money with a civil judgement.

Edit: They probably steal because they have no money. Or are drug addicts where there is never ever enough money because there is never enough drugs. 

PartySick
1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

That's... wow. I have no words. 

I hate America. I really do :saladga:

To top it off, she's a 911 dispatcher and they made her use a good chunk of her vacation time rather than allotting PTO for medial reasons :smh:

🖤

he should have health assurance, the usa is a very shitty place to be poor in, which makes it a shitty place overall tbh

SharkmanthaC
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

To top it off, she's a 911 dispatcher and they made her use a good chunk of her vacation time rather than allotting PTO for medial reasons :smh:

This is super common for women. Like when I eventually have to take maternity leave (hopefully one day), I will have to use my PTO if I want to get paid for that time away from work. 

she/her/hers

pachinko
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Imagine having to pay almost 100K$ because someone shot you in the street!
What a ****ed up system

exactly

PartySick
5 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

This is super common for women. Like when I eventually have to take maternity leave (hopefully one day), I will have to use my PTO if I want to get paid for that time away from work. 

It's so f*cked. There are countries where both parents get weeks/months of paid time away from work to adjust to life with a newborn.

In the US it's "oh, your baby died? That sucks. Anyway, you owe us money. We will take your car and furniture to force you to pay your debt. I hope you saved on vacation hours too 'cause you're going to need them LOLOLOL"

3rd world country :huntyga:

🖤

Archived