Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madison Beer felt uncomfortable when older men called her hot at 13

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

“I’ve been put in positions and places that are not good,” Madison Beer said. “I remember older men calling me hot when I was 13, and it made me uncomfortable. Going to concerts and being backstage and seeing people do drugs… I was not protected. That kind of stuff is traumatising for a 13-year-old girl. I was definitely not shielded from the dark side of the industry. I was thrown into the depths of it.”

Madison was discovered by Justin Bieber and his manager Scooter Braun on YouTube in May 2012.  
She signed to his label, Island, her mother gave up her job as an interior designer and the family moved to Los Angeles, ready for her career to explode. It didn’t.
By the time she was 16, work on her debut album was scrapped, and she was dropped.
“‘Snip – you’re gone!’ she said.  “It felt like no one wanted me, like I was a dog being abandoned on the side of the road.”  

Beer said years with Braun were of the “Oh you don’t have a say, you don’t know what you’re talking about, little girl” variety.

“I’m at a point now where I’m almost 10 years into this game, and I have a voice that I think deserves to be heard. But for a very long time, I felt very silenced by older men in the industry who actually didn’t know what they were talking about and steered me in all the wrong directions.”

She is now 21, is finally released her debut album Life Support  https://madisonbeer.lnk.to/LifeSupport

source   source   source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

vyniildisk

i can't believe her parents let her go to backstages and places alone at that age

my mom wouldn't even let me open the door on my own :air: or order a pizza if i was alone lol 

let's support life support! this kween is finally seeing the light of the tunnel after a whole ass decadeee 

HausOfAntonio

Girl you’re complaining about not have being shielded from these things as if you didn’t have parents? Its their responsibility. 

elijahfan

It's the same old story.... Sometimes it feels like parents lose their sense of priorities when fame is involved. The same way parents left their kids have slumber parties with MJ.

The industry sexualizes kids, it's a fact - they want little girls to fall in love with Justin Bieber. Parents need to put it in their thick skulls.

Economy
18 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It's the same old story.... Sometimes it feels like parents lose their sense of priorities when fame is involved. The same way parents left their kids have slumber parties with MJ.

The industry sexualizes kids, it's a fact - they want little girls to fall in love with Justin Bieber. Parents need to put it in their thick skulls.

Tbh. Kids are already thrown with sexual messages before some even reach an age of even experiencing sexual emotions

Honestly society is becoming more aware of inappropriate content or messages when it comes to race or inclusion... but that same awareness i think should start to expand into a lot of other things that have been normalized

Theres a lot of stuff thats thought of as entertainment that if u think about it why are we normalizing being entertainmed by such things? But we dont even think twice because its so normal

elijahfan
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Theres a lot of stuff thats thought of as entertainment that if u think about it why are we normalizing being entertainmed by such things? But we dont even think twice because its so normal

When you think about it, it's completely crazy how singers or movie stars are basically all marketed to be sexually desirable. No matter how good of an artist you are, looking like a model is mainly what's gonna open the door to you. And the same goes for anything being marketed to kids: just think about boys bands... No one gives a **** about the music, it's all about making little girls go batshit crazy. It's fully embedded in our culture, and it feels like it's not going to change anytime soon, as with social media, you don't even need to pretend to be an artist anymore... Just be cute and post a couple bikini or shirtless pix and you got yourself an influencing career. At the root of it all, this is about catering to people's sexual fantasies, and I'm not sure many people are aware. It's absolutely crazy. Mainstream entertainment has always been and is still all about sex.

Don't mean to come across as someone who cant' be entertained by sexy stuff, I very much enjoy watching beautiful people on red carpets. I guess I just want to say that it's too much, and it's so omnipresent that it leads to nauseating situations like the one described in the OP. Maybe if this was all a bit more about art and less about money and sex, there would also be less abuse in Hollywood... Idk, maybe I'm reaching, but you get my point.

PartySick
5 hours ago, elijahfan said:

The same way parents left their kids have slumber parties with MJ.

You're literally trying to trigger me at this point :huntyga:

But it is apt that you brought him up. His dad used to cart the Jackson 5 through all kinds of seedy bars and clubs to perform. That kind of environment was wrong for kids in the 1960s and it's still wrong today :smh:

Let me stream a few of this girl's songs in support :tony:

🖤

elijahfan
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

You're literally trying to trigger me at this point :huntyga:

I mean, yay it's hard to be a fan of somebody controversial... Roman Polanski is one of my favorite directors, so I get the struggle.

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

PartySick
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, yay it's hard to be a fan of somebody controversial... Roman Polanski is one of my favorite directors, so I get the struggle.

I know MJ is innocent and that's all that matters :fatcat:

It is high key stressful to both have a history of sexual abuse AND love MJ just for a lot of people to accuse him of doing it though :giveup:

But that's off topic and I swore off debating it a while back :bear: I still defend him though :bear:

🖤

LilyLark
6 hours ago, Chromatography said:

why does scooter braun suck so fvcking much 

I bet in 20 odd years there will be an expose on Scooter. I was shocked the music centered media didn't pick up/make a bigger deal about the fact that he gave an interview and said something like "I could have damaged her career, but I didn't" when someone asked if he was hurt when Ariana temporarily dropped him as her manager. He really comes off as controlling and creepy towards his clients...like I wouldn't be surprised if he threatened to try and ruin them if they leave. 

ThisGuyTony

I can’t imagine the other young men and women who experienced worse just at a chance to make a career for themselves and are too afraid to speak out. :ohno:

I’m glad she found her voice to speak out, and I hope her mental health isn’t damaged by those experiences. :heart:

Scooter has a bad reputation with managing female artists and interactions with them. I wonder if worse allegations will come out against him in the future...

LilyLark
6 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Girl you’re complaining about not have being shielded from these things as if you didn’t have parents? Its their responsibility. 

While this is mostly on her parents, a good manager should have protected her, too, if she was a child.

Quartz

I'm 27 and I'm uncomfortable when people do drugs around me. When people tell me I'm sexy but I'm unattracted to them, it creeps me tf out. And she was 13 when she experienced this. 13! That's awful. I'm so glad she has the capacity to talk about these stuff in an intelligent manner. This is just sick imo.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived