Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

What the f? 

" You scared me... How do you think it felt for me ? You ruined it for me "

And then she apologizes to him :messga:

yeah it's disgusting, and it's 1998, on a talk show. same era as Howard Stern asking Anna Nicole Smith how much she weights, and if she has a vibrator at home and loves ****. Give it a break, find something current to be outraged about

3 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Give it a break, find something current to be outraged about

You know, my Feminine Rage is vast and runs deep, and it's a renewable resource! I can be outraged about so many things at once, past and present. It's a talent, really. :flower:

But seriously, talking about gross stuff from the past and reflecting on it helps drive change. What's the harm is calling this behaviour out? 

ToxicHot

Uh........ just WHY? :wtf:

Forget about the fact that “this was a different time”. She was clearly uncomfortable and it was pointed out that people in the audience were shocked. No one laughed, this wasn’t funny and shouldn’t have been accepted. Jen dealt with it kindly though, I guess. What a creep. :saladga:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

3 minutes ago, LaLa said:

You know, my Feminine Rage is vast and runs deep, and it's a renewable resource! I can be outraged about so many things at once, past and present. It's a talent, really. :flower:

But seriously, talking about gross stuff from the past and reflecting on it helps drive change. What's the harm is calling this behaviour out? 

it's 1998, a very different era. Men in show business were outrageous, people said outrageous on radio, on tv and any media. To me it's completely useless. And I'm sure the Letterman of today would be just as outraged. I'm sure some talk shows of the past would regret making jokes of Monica Lewinsky in 1999, realizing that yes there was power imbalance and she was just a 20 year old but the 90s were a different time. People slut shamed other people, Avril Lavigne called Britney a slut. Would Avril do that today? Nope. Would she think this way still? I'm probably sure no, and it doesnt really matter because Avril of the 00s is Avril of the 00s. What matters is what she says now in 2021 or 2019 

I know I’m gonna get hate but this is no different to Drew Barrymore lifting up her top or Madonna dropping the F bomb on the same talk show just a few years earlier. The 90s were just a completely different time in the industry and people were a lot more outrageous. Just look at even some of the kids cartoon shows at the time and how many off colour and adult jokes there were in them. I’m sure this was partly preplanned. David was well known for ore planning stunts like this with us guests a lot. 

looking at it from today’s perspective it is super inappropriate though. I will admit but you also need to understand the context

I invented post-its

Oriane
15 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

this is no different to Drew Barrymore lifting up her top or Madonna dropping the F bomb

I haven't seen these but how is it no different? They're not hurting anyone, meanwhile Jennifer Aniston was sexually harrassed on TV.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Runway
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

it's 1998, a very different era. Men in show business were outrageous, people said outrageous on radio, on tv and any media. To me it's completely useless. And I'm sure the Letterman of today would be just as outraged. I'm sure some talk shows of the past would regret making jokes of Monica Lewinsky in 1999, realizing that yes there was power imbalance and she was just a 20 year old but the 90s were a different time. People slut shamed other people, Avril Lavigne called Britney a slut. Would Avril do that today? Nope. Would she think this way still? I'm probably sure no, and it doesnt really matter because Avril of the 00s is Avril of the 00s. What matters is what she says now in 2021 or 2019 

I mean I’d agree but Letterman was still harassing women on tv up until the 2010’s when his show ended :laughga:

I’m very tired of people saying “Oh it’s just the times were different”.... So what you’re saying is, we should sweep centuries worth of women experiencing legal r*pe and sexual harassment because it happened too long ago to fall under your radar? Can we please stop ignoring blatant injustice just cause talking about it makes y’all uncomfortable??

Edit: my friend just pointed out to me that the Lindsey Lohan interview for Letterman happened in 2013. You’re telling me that one man is allowed to harass women for over a decade and you all just want to ignore it cause it’s a sign of the times?? Just say you don’t respect women and go 

ALEXA!!!! PLAY PLASTIC DOLL

Bonkers

David Letterman wasn't a pervert.  His brand was creating awkward moments and saying awkward uncomfortable things.  It was to make you squirm.  

Jennifer Aniston was not getting felt up or sexually harassed, she was just being made to squirm because it's entertaining.   David Letterman wasn't one of the people they "warned you about" and was known to be a good husband and decent guy in real life. 

That Lindsay interview was a good example of something 'not to do', but at the time, the press was looking at her as this relentless party girl who made bad choices and had a bad mom, as opposed to an addict with a serious and not funny problem.  So he shouldn't have done that, but it was on brand with his squirm factor.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Archived