Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga master Patrizia Gucci's accent?

Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?

• Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Possibly
    • Not sure, and kinda worried
    • Nope :((((

Featured Posts

Togekiss
3 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

She practiced for months for the Sound of Music performance. Knowing how dedicated she is, she probably started training last Fall. Dialect and vocal coaches exist for a reason, especially in the film industry

Yes and we know she is excellent at using her vocal instrument in different ways for specific effect. I’m sure she can do well but it also depends on the directing and editing. That part is out of her hands.

bring on that pecan pie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g

after her acting gigs I think we have nothing to worry about. Even if it's not oscar worthy she would still deliver

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

2 hours ago, Damien said:

In general using accents comes out as cheap and cheesy - though it might seem like this will help build the narrative actually it's taking away the feeling of immersion. For example - creators of HBO's 'Chernobyl' were thinking about using russian accents for their characters, but it would have blocked the smoothness of actors' performance and turned out unnaturally and grotesque.

elijahfan
2 hours ago, androiduser said:

But Penelope is Spanish and she never mastered speaking English without a Spanish accent, so there was no other way than adding the Italian accent for Donatella.

Yes, fair enough... But I feel like it was deliberate and they definitely didn't try to tone it down. Donatella also has a very specific way of talking that I feel like Penélope tried to emulate. There was another TV film called House of Versace where Gina Gershon played Donatella, and she did the same.

Maybe they made this choice because we're kinda used to hearing Donatella speak English anyway. I really have no idea what they'll do with Gucci.

vyniildisk
3 hours ago, weed said:

Gaga will definitely have an Italian accent, she is literally the I’m Italian Woman 

what happened to your triconic avi kween?

32 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

what happened to your triconic avi kween?

maybe I'll bring it back for a day who knows :sis: I just wanted ta change it

I’m not sure if it would sound better if the cast used accents or not, but I think Gaga will try to make her voice sound more elegant and rich if that makes sense?

androiduser
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Maybe they made this choice because we're kinda used to hearing Donatella speak English anyway.

And a big part of the Donatella/Versace story is taking place in Miami and the US so she had to speak in English in some scenes anyway.... and what you said too, Donatella's English is so particular that it's a part of her character.

elijahfan
2 hours ago, androiduser said:

And a big part of the Donatella/Versace story is taking place in Miami and the US so she had to speak in English in some scenes anyway.... and what you said too, Donatella's English is so particular that it's a part of her character.

I'll be honest, it was kinda weird to see her and Gianni talking in English even when they were alone together :laughga:

Gagaloo911

Have those of y'all saying not sure or no ever watched her in AHS Roanoke or know anything about her in general?

She'll without a doubt be able to do and master this accent.

JusKeepBreathin

I don't think this movie will be done with accents TBH.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Regina George

They will speak in English with their normal voice :bear: That’s how acting works when you’re portraying someone who speaks different language. It’s not like they will learn Italian just so thy could be 100% accurate. 

Archived