3 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I'm happy to drag Katy on any other topic tho:kiss:

:air:

this is not about draggin' our good sistren Katy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

you guys are as short sighted as her, look where she is now, or artists with videos that have more views than this

music video GIF by Katy Perry

Dark Horse is still played on the radio on the daily where I live, along with virtually every one of her many hits from her earlier discography. There are 20 other music videos ahead of this one with the most viewed hits, and Katy Perry's Roar m/v takes one of those spots, too. 

As far as her "drop off" from these numbers, she has said (whether we choose to believe it or not) she's not concerned with pulling numbers or charting. But I do think it's evident based on how campy/fun her latest music videos have been -- she's simply having fun and enjoying what she has. And I do think there is a correlation between the height of your success and the longevity of that success. When stars are charting constantly, people eventually get sick and crave something new. Look at Ed Sheeran. 

12 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

:air:

this is not about draggin' our good sistren Katy

TO BE FAIR if I had the ability to travel back to TD era, I would immediately!

Don't Call Me Gaga

vyniildisk
8 minutes ago, Zeth said:

she has said (whether we choose to believe it or not) she's not concerned with pulling numbers or charting. 

well good becuz she has no choice but to seethe 

vyniildisk
6 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I still haven’t heard the song to this day :flop: I live under a rock

sometimes is the wise thing to do tricon

I actually adore this Video. When I think of Katy I don't think of high end art pieces I think of fun and colour.

To me it was pretty cute and the song was everywhere.

1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

ExactlyÂĄ thank you! I was getting paranoid i was the only one w this unpooular opinion

yes but c'mon! She already had plenty of goofines in her video catalogue. I can understand it for basic bops like TGIF but dark horse is one hell of a song! It deserved a dif treatment

Oh yeah, agree 100%, I can appreciate goofy but not when it feels like that's what she does for ALL her videos for almost a decade now

PxA limited

Her visuals went from pinup Vegas girl, to infantile girly vibes appealing to children. Remember how we all expected Prism to be much more dark and artistic and it turned out to be THAT cover with flowers. Hilarious. She was never bold. She tried tho. Copying Gaga with everything she could.

I see some yall don't get the point of what sis is saying... The issue is not about the looks or artistic direction, hence the 3B views. What he's talking about is the acting. The goofyness   and the comedy. If only there acting in the MV was actually serious and non comedic and not goofy, this video would hv been an opportunity for her to serve a post-teen audience .. Bcz the great visuals themselves brought people to see the MV, hence the 3B vies, but they ddnt stick as Katy fans after that bcz although the visual were iconic, they still served comedy.. Hence the wasted opportunity. 

Shipper

She always did go to the bubblegum pop hot ditzy girl antics. Plus, I don't think they would go with the cinematic Cleopatra docu theme. She was still a teen icon and would turn it into colorful and light video. Now that I know her more from Witness era, I feel like being goofy and funny is also a part of her personality.

GIF by MTV-Italia

💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕📩💕

Anderson123

Hmm that's exactly why she went that route, because there is a Lady Gaga, there is a Rihanna. There was not another Katy Perry doing what she was doing with Teenage Dream / Prism and it worked wonders to her, Dr. Luke really put her on top of the world with those hits. I don't see how that's a missed opportunity, they played their cards exactly the way they were supposed to.

I like how people call this video "fun" and "goofy" when it's all about Katy casually murdering people with evil magic just to steal their stuff.

you're not wrong tho

vyniildisk
55 minutes ago, Vico said:

I see some yall don't get the point of what sis is saying... The issue is not about the looks or artistic direction, hence the 3B views. What he's talking about is the acting. The goofyness   and the comedy. If only there acting in the MV was actually serious and non comedic and not goofy, this video would hv been an opportunity for her to serve a post-teen audience .. Bcz the great visuals themselves brought people to see the MV, hence the 3B vies, but they ddnt stick as Katy fans after that bcz although the visual were iconic, they still served comedy.. Hence the wasted opportunity. 

thank you kween, you worded it better than me :firega:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived