💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is 911 a positive or negative song?

The Child

Featured Posts

The Child

What do you guys think?

I sometimes think I that the song is really negative (I think that when I already feel bad) and sometimes I think it’s positive. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

I see it as neutral, leaning toward negative. The song acknowledges the protagonist's issues but doesn't do anything to address them other then indulge in the comfort of repeated, destructive behavior.

buy bionic

LittleMonster20

Very negative and honestly very disturbing.

It’s basically about Olanzapine being an emergency to her mind when she literally can’t control how her brain functions at moments. That sounds super intense.

holy scheisse

I h8 black or white thinking lol

It's positive bc gaga found a way to cope with her illness 

It's negative because she suffers emotionally/mentally 

It's both Boom

Bradley
6 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I h8 black or white thinking lol

It's positive bc gaga found a way to cope with her illness 

It's negative because she suffers emotionally/mentally 

It's both Boom

This.

I don't think it's a matter of positive or negative. It's just lightness and darkness. 

19 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

It’s about needing drugs to be mentally stable, I’m not sure how happy that topic can be

I don't think taking needing to take medication is a negative thing. I'm thankful for it. That's what this song is about. Having her medication in order to manage the highs and lows of manic depression.

GAMS, gay popstar

numb the flame

lyrically it's very dark but the positive is that she's shedding light on it being okay to talk about mental health and taking medication when / if needed. 

NFRatwell
4 minutes ago, GAMS said:

I don't think it's a matter of positive or negative. It's just lightness and darkness. 

I don't think taking needing to take medication is a negative thing. I'm thankful for it. That's what this song is about. Having her medication in order to manage the highs and lows of manic depression.

There’s a different between glorification and normalization of mental illness and medication. Gaga isn’t glorifying it, she’s expressing the pain she gets from her illness and how she needs drugs to cope. That’s not really a positive topic. 

TheSlash

It sounds like a very realistic view on her situation, leaning in neither direction. Even though the reasons and the behavior is very negative, but she acknowledges what she has to do to be in a (halfway) good place.

Spoiler

Please don't drag me, that's just how I perceive it :ph34r: 

Ew, David!

I don't think it's that simple. I think looking for ways to represent the underdogs is a big aspect of Gaga's music. It is not a happy song nor is it about an utopic topic, but it is about a real situation and it's adorned with metaphors in order to cope with the pain. I would say this song is also great for people who go through the same experience because they feel represented in their struggle in having a relationship with mental stabilization drugs.

Quartz

I mean it's a bop to pop your pssy to. :lolly: let's focus on that.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

16 minutes ago, babs said:

I don't think it's that simple. I think looking for ways to represent the underdogs is a big aspect of Gaga's music. It is not a happy song nor is it about an utopic topic, but it is about a real situation and it's adorned with metaphors in order to cope with the pain. I would say this song is also great for people who go through the same experience because they feel represented in their struggle in having a relationship with mental stabilization drugs.

Yes, Gaga is always finding ways to help people with her words, actions, and music.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived