Top Posters In This Topic

• MJHolland

• KanyeWest

• alsemanche

• Lion Heart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT TO CLARIFY: Thank you @alsemanche!

Here come the "SJWs are ruining everything" comments  It's not like anyone asked for this or was fighting for it, and it's almost certainly a corporate move to keep up an image of inclusivity and

Why not make something new instead of changing the old?

ThisGuyTony
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Can someone add to the OP that they didn't really remove Mr. and Mrs. Potato but only added new ones? since y'all won't read before reacting :triggered:

@ThisGuyTony

Thanks! I found a tweet from the company clarifying this. And added it to the OP.

• Thanks 1
Lion Heart
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Thanks! I found a tweet from the company clarifying this. And added it to the OP.

You did this but didn't change the title which is the most clickbaity thing of all of this. :saladga:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
CautiousLurker
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

They uh...can't answer you :spin:

Oh my goodness, I missed out on stuff :bradley:

On a scale from 1 to JK Rowling, how bad was it? 

this thread is now officially sexualized | he/him/huntim
Oriane

I actually like that they're removing "Mr" from the brand name. Mr and Mrs are still here, and there are probably other characters without any gender etc. Even without the gender-neutral thing, it's cool that it's making the brand about the Potato Head concept in general and not just an emphasis on the male version. Now the female version is of the same importance instead of being just another version of the main toy.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
berlinforme

This is just pinkwashing like @KanyeWest said. Just drop the 'Mr.' and be done with it and don't act like you're caring so much. Would be much more authentic to change it and don't chase the twitter clout. 

• Thanks 1
SEANGT

they should've just not announced this at all. Nobody knows the distinction between the potato head "brand" and the actual toy, Mr. Potato Head. lol. I didn't know until today that it was like a whole line of toys that had a name. Now they've pissed off 40% of Americans for no reason making it look like they made Mr. Potato Head gender neutral but they didn't. 

RahrahWitch

Makes sense.

Branding wise it's a broader term for the "species", It'd be better to not have Mr on the box of a female potatoes head or the baby.

• Like 1
SevenWonder

I'm in the whatever camp on this.

But I fear stuff like this is going to push LGBT *almost* allies - who might be on the fence - back toward the wrong side. Like, I'd rather die on a bigger hill than Potato Head, you know?

But I might be wrong.