Chromatica out now

💌 monthly fan mail 💌
lgbt

Rep. Taylor Greene: "There are two genders"

Harper

Featured Posts

MJHolland
Just now, Chromatican said:

TERFs want to outcast a letter of the umbrella, I do not. I am an old school gay person, I believe in fighting for the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transmen and tranwomen. Non-binary identities like 2 Spirit are of course welcome, but non-binary identities are so broad and sweeping that they do not belong in a community fighting for specific communities and people of specific experiences.

I don’t want to get banned over your bigoted ass so I’ll just say this 

WE SHOULD BE FIGHTING FOR THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF EVERYONE, SPECIFICALLY QUEER PEOPLE 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chromatican

• alsemanche

• MJHolland

• Bonkers

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, it is not, I've always known this part of my identity, since my youngest memories, before I even knew a word for it, same as many people who identify as trans, or gay, or lesbian... I've always kn

I googled her and "Marjorie Taylor Greene is an American politician, businesswoman, and far-right conspiracy theorist"  

Except it's not up to you to "believe" in them. You're literally invalidating their identity... 

alsemanche

Non-binary identity is a trend. Transgender identity is not.

You and Azealia Banks would make great friends discussing that trend narrative for sure :yennefer:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
Harper
22 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Genders: Man, Woman (cis and trans are a type of these genders)

Those two are genders, and as such, are social constructs. Social constructs can be expanded and divided at will because they were practically invented from thin air, so there's no way there are only two genders. Some non-binary people consider themselves as genderless, some of them consider themselves a part of a third gender. Every person has the chance to view gender whatever way they want, and be the gender they want to be.

MJHolland

We need gatekeeping. Without "gatekeeping" MAPs or "minor attracted people" would have a letter in our acronym which is LGBT, LGBTQ, or LGBTQIA.

LITERALLY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT TOU BIGOT HAHA

• Shook 1
PartySick
2 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

TERFs want to outcast a letter of the umbrella, I do not. I am an old school gay person, I believe in fighting for the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transmen and tranwomen. Non-binary identities like 2 Spirit are of course welcome, but non-binary identities are so broad and sweeping that they do not belong in a community fighting for specific communities and people of specific experiences.

Eh, I disagree. Queer is queer, we got to stick together.

We're disrespecting each other, whatever happened to protecting each other 💔
  • Like 1
Bonkers
4 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

I knew this thread would blow up the second I saw it.

GGD continues to be an embarrassment when it comes to gender issues. If these bigots aren’t going to change I would at least love for the mods to shut them up. 

i just find words like "bigot" and "transphobic" are harsh words for people who have been part of and supportive of LGBTQ for most of their lives.  

They may well be wrong about how they're looking at non-binary and that can make non-binary people feel invalidated.  but giving people harsh labels instead of helping them clarify their vocabulary and understanding isn't so helpful in my opinion. I really think so often this is an argument about vocabulary and NOT how people should be understood or allowed to live their lives.

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 1
alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I hope it becomes a solid rule of language.  It's very clarifying and I think it would be helpful to trans people by not relating sex to man/woman.  It fits awkwardly in my mind, but i think the more clear our vocabulary gets the less awkward people will be about it.

So obviously a gender reveal party is actually a sex reveal party.  Or  would should that be called?  :oprah:

Language is not easy to change and requires a lot of time to cement new things that can fundamentally alter the way we use linguistic tools, but we're definitely making some progress. It will take some time, however, to change things on a large scale. 

And yeah gender reveals are essentially sex reveals. It's basically saying HEY MY UNBORN CHILD HAS A VAGINA/PENIS which determines sex, not gender. 

• Like 1
weed
29 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Is she lying though? There are two gender identities (man, woman) and they are based on the two sexes which is based on gamete production. I’d say that third gender identities is a culturally specific belief and not widespread. 

What gender would you assign intersex people? 

ItsCaseyPaul
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

Non-binary identity is a trend. Transgender identity is not.

Hold up.

Wait.

No.

False.

Who are you to claim an entire community "a trend"? Who are you to tell all of those people who found a secure term for their identity that their identity is a "trend?!"

This is BEYOND disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Chromatican
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

LITERALLY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT TOU BIGOT HAHA

You're defending pedophiles being included in our community? :air:

PEZ

Non-binary identity is a trend.

:fail: No, it is not, I've always known this part of my identity, since my youngest memories, before I even knew a word for it, same as many people who identify as trans, or gay, or lesbian... I've always known this about myself, I've always rested sure in it.

Stop being so weird and exclusionary about us. (I belong to more than one letter of LGBTQIA+ anyway, you're not keeping me out of the community :))

⚡ Gaga, Rammstein, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Kraftwerk, Machine Girl, & Death Grips 🐲
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1
Chromatican
Just now, alsemanche said:

Language is not easy to change and requires a lot of time to cement new things that can fundamentally alter the way we use linguistic tools, but we're definitely making some progress. It will take some time, however, to change things on a large scale. 

And yeah gender reveals are essentially sex reveals. It's basically saying HEY MY UNBORN CHILD HAS A VAGINA/PENIS which determines sex, not gender. 

Yes, but more than likely a penis, vagina, and chromosomal sex will determine gender.

• LMAO 1
Chromatican
Just now, ItsCaseyPaul said:

Hold up.

Wait.

No.

False.

Who are you to claim an entire community "a trend"? Who are you to tell all of those people who found a secure term for their identity that their identity is a "trend?!"

This is BEYOND disgusting.

Sorry, I just don't think non-binary identity is well enough understood yet.

JusKeepBreathin

This bitch is in office but there are blocks by the GOP to confirm Biden's cabinet nominees. Give me a break. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

Yes, but more than likely a penis, vagina, and chromosomal sex will determine gender.

And? it's still revealing the sex of a baby, not their gender

• PartySick locked this topic