Featured Posts

RAMROD

LMAO ableist tingz :giggle:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEARTSTOP

People are mean. So much evil in the world, and this is what people choose to focus on.

Sure, she didn't deal well with the haters, but I have a feeling almost no one could deal better with having so many people hating on their well-intentioned but poorly-executed work.

Just because she is famous, it doesn't mean she's more mentally prepared for these things. There's a reason she didn't want to be famous in the first place, specially considering her own mental issues.

IDGAF

Anderson123

She needs to come back. Every time one of her “I love you, keep going” tweets pops up it puts a smile on my face. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, HEARTSTOP said:

People are mean. So much evil in the world, and this is what people choose to focus on.

Sure, she didn't deal well with the haters, but I have a feeling almost no one could deal better with having so many people hating on their well-intentioned but poorly-executed work.

Just because she is famous, it doesn't mean she's more mentally prepared for these things. There's a reason she didn't want to be famous in the first place, specially considering her own mental issues.

Not to mention that she is a woman. Iggy Azalea was dragged to hell and back while Post Malone was on the charts. If this was a man's mistake it would already be forgiven.  I even remember Nicki saying something about how white the rap charts were when it was white male rappers and getting a lot of blow back for it. 

And gays say they love women but obviously not. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't feel bad, her edgy comebacks at genuine concerns didn't work as she thought they would and now that she couldn't have her cake she's throwing a tantrum. Grown baby tingz :laughga:

LilyLark
18 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Not to mention that she is a woman. Iggy Azalea was dragged to hell and back while Post Malone was on the charts. If this was a man's mistake it would already be forgiven.  I even remember Nicki saying something about how white the rap charts were when it was white male rappers and getting a lot of blow back for it. 

This. I'm not excusing her mistakes (h*ll, if you go back 10-15 years every big pop girl from Rih to Gaga to even Bey had mistakes that would be blown up to be much bigger nowadays)....but the double standards are insane. A women's bad choice is often blown wildly out of proportion to the point she's made out to be the devil and/or her apology will not be accepted by the public...meanwhile people (and the media) dig their heads in the sand about male celebrities and give them a major pass. Post Malone is actually a great example...his career would have suffered some big speedbumps if he was a woman because of some past comments/actions.

HEARTSTOP
23 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

6ix9ine getting out of prison and charting #1 is proof of this. Not to mention Chris Brown. It feels like Rihanna got more sh*t for showing her boobs than he had for beating the sh*t out of her.

People just want to cancel people that seem like easy targets, and whose cancellation doesn't interfere with their own indulgences.

To quote a Brazilian meme, "alas, the hypocrisy"...

image-451-cke.jpg

Spoiler

Translation: "What about Ariana Grande ('big' in Portuguese), whose height is only 1.53m? Alas, the hypocrisy"

IDGAF

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

6ix9ine getting out of prison and charting #1 is proof of this. People just want to cancel people that seem like easy targets, and whose cancellation doesn't interfere with their own indulgences.

To quote a Brazilian meme, "alas, the hypocrisy"...

image-451-cke.jpg

Hide contents

Translation: "What about Ariana Grande ('big' in Portuguese), whose height is only 1.53m? Alas, the hypocrisy"

Yeah, the hypocrisy is what gets me....

I'm not excusing bad choices, but this makes me remember the Woody Allen blowback from a few years ago. Every female actress who worked with him was getting raked over the coals, while his male collaborators like Timothee Chalamet, Colin Firth, Jude Law, Colin Farrell...crickets. Also, the criticism leveled at the female actresses was insane. It wasn't enough to say "hey, x or y made a bad choice and should speak out on Woody" it became "x or y is complicit in pedophilia by working with Woody."

SchwineLove
6 hours ago, Oyster said:

I kinda feel bad for her. Obviously music was a mistake but I genuinely think she wanted to do good but just wasn’t real smart about it. The movie is a mess but I feel bad for her especially with all her mental struggles and stuff. I don’t think the online community should be so mean to everyone. 

Humanity is such a mess today, makes me just wish Jesus descends and end it all.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, SchwineLove said:

makes me just wish Jesus descends and end it all.

Which one? 

There are like so many Jesus in my neighborhood alone, gurl. Just different family name. :oprah:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

SchwineLove
4 hours ago, 4BLAiNE said:

She’s better off without Twitter anyways. We all would be better off without that cesspit of a social media. 

I'm still addicted to Twitter tho. I still use it regularly as journaling, but with alter account lol.

Remind me why we hate her? Is it because of the casting choice of Maddie or something that specifically happens in the movie? I watched it yesterday and thought the music was pretty terrible (she wrote one song, cheap thrills, and made it into 10 songs for a musical score), and the story was a bit bland, but I didn't get what the fuss is about. She definitely took a risk having her main character be an almost fully non-verbal autistic person and it being fiction portrayed by a non-autistic person but I thought Maddie was fine??

Archived