💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Michael Jackson be completely cancelled?

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

I've struggled with this off and on, especially since all the allegations of his inappropriate behaviour with minors was brought back into focus by Finding Neverland. The accounts given in that were so damning and I found the victims very credible. It was the first time we actually heard directly from alleged victims. 

Apparently the estate won a recent court challenge to take their lawsuit against HBO to arbitration, basically clearing the way for HBO to be held liable for damages for releasing the documentary. The estate is seeking $100 million. The estate claims it violated a non-disparaging clause they signed in the 1990s with MJ. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/michael-jackson-leaving-neverland-lawsuit-appeal-1234853036/

I love MJ's music, and I still enjoy listening to it, but every time I do I question if I should. 

Do others struggle with this?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's easier if you just make it a personal decision since that's all you have control over. I'm sure he's guilty. I still will listen to his songs if they come on but I'm not seeking them out. 

LittleMonster20

I’ve thought about this too but I’m just going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s not here to defend himself anymore. 

I think he did it. But he was too ingrained in the culture to properly cancel. Regardless, it's my opinion that people should just listen to his music for what it is, and divorce it from the man... because he's dead... so... 🤷‍♂️.

Just A Holy Fool
Just now, Retron said:

I think he did it. But he was too ingrained in the culture to properly cancel. Regardless, it's my opinion that people should just listen to his music for what it is, and divorce it from the man... because he's dead... so... 🤷‍♂️.

I think if what happened to him in 1993 happened to a superstar today in 2021... they would be definitely cancelled. 

Just A Holy Fool
Just now, Ryusei said:

He's dead.... what's the point?

Its a valid conversation to have because even though MJ the person is dead, his likeness and estate still generate more per year than most superstars currently... 

1 minute ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

I think if what happened to him in 1993 happened to a superstar today in 2021... they would be definitely cancelled. 

Totally. But they also wouldn't be Michael F'n Jackson. Even by 1993, he was king.

1 minute ago, agentprovocate said:

and you know this because!?!?!?!?!?

do your research about who these people are in leaving neverland then u'll see 

gumzy3000

I feel like we will never know the 100% complete truth. That is why I strongly believe in separating the art from the artist in some situations. Unless it is explicit and obvious of course - but I would be a hypocrite cause I still listen to DWUW with R.Kelly. 

trolly troll troll

js4754394o9823

You can always download his discography or buy it second hand and enjoying it without supporting him/his label 

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Andreu

The way I see it, the point of cancelling someone should be that you decide you will make sure you don't give money to that artist, that you don't want to help them become any more famous and overall that you don't want to support them. In this case, Michael is dead so he won't see any money and he can't get any more famous, so it's pointless imo.

Archived