💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Michael Jackson be completely cancelled?

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Its a valid conversation to have because even though MJ the person is dead, his likeness and estate still generate more per year than most superstars currently... 

brand-new thought from this just now: maybe the question is do we cancel those that are continuing to promote a pedophile in order to make money from his estate? Maybe. Mayyyybe. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SEANGT said:

brand-new thought from this just now: maybe the question is do we cancel those that are continuing to promote a pedophile in order to make money from his estate? Maybe. Mayyyybe. 

u think he's a pedophile because of the "docu" leaving neverland?

14 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

please leave me alone 

Ryusei
1 minute ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Its a valid conversation to have because even though MJ the person is dead, his likeness and estate still generate more per year than most superstars currently... 

A lot of MJ fans are highkey about as bad as really religious people when it comes to worshipping their forever idol who can do no wrong. If it doesn't feel right to you to stream him, don't. I do that with a bunch of artists I don't wanna support despite maybe having some good songs. It's a difficult thing but ultimately it's a personal decision that everyone needs to make for oneself. 

Musery

Cameltoe Chariot

One day we're all going to be dead and gone and no one (including us) is going to care who we removed from our consciousness because they were problematic or criminal. If listening to his music makes you happy then do it, and stop worrying about whether or not strangers on the internet approve.

I used to worry so much about the same issues and now I just don't give a sh*t :huntyga:

There's a huge difference between enjoying his art on your own time, and going out trying to support his alleged criminal behaviour. There is no comparison and people who think these two acts are the same thing need their heads checked.

Just now, SEANGT said:

please leave me alone 

wow you do... if you cared ud do research about it but i think u want to believe hes a pedo cus u think he was a freak cus he looked freaky and had an odd life.

Loyalty

No! He never did any of the things he was accused of. And if you’re a real fan you would have watched other videos/documentaries defending him, and you’ll have known that Michael was a huge target. 

js4754394o9823
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

The way I see it, the reason behind cancelling someone should be that you decide you will make sure you don't give money to that artist, that you don't want to help them become any more famous and overall that you don't want to support him. In this case, Michael is dead so he won't see any money and he can't get any more famous, so it's pointless imo.

Not necessary pointless.

By listening to him you are still supporting his name and that makes him even more of a "legend". Some people can be really hurt by seeing such a person still making numbers and being called a "king".

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Jose P

I mean, he’s dead :awkney:

Why are people so obsessed with “canceling” and so eager to do it? The man is dead there’s really not much one can do as for “cancelling”. And anyways, his repertoire is so iconic, good luck getting people to stop listening to it or trying to pull his work from streaming services. It won’t happen ever. People really need to stop trying to play a moral high ground when it comes to situations like this, it’s just music. Don’t worry about others telling you “oh you’re a bad person because you’re listening to this or that artist”.

The Child
10 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

That doc is not even a documentary, it’s a fiction.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bonkers

I think the rationale for cancelling is to say to his victims, we believe you and this is what we can do as a consequence.

But at the end of the day, there's so much still debatable, his life was tragic, and he's dead.

I've known about my favorite stars being baby eating, blood sucking, satanic cult members ever since the internet enlightened us, but I haven't cancelled them either. :enigma:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

js4754394o9823

Do y'all know that there's a difference between having your own opinion and disrespecting someone else's?

You don't need to believe a thing, but if you weren't there, don't call it fiction and don't say it 100% didn't happened, because you don't know. No one knows. Situations like this one are never clear, especially if we are talking about a rich person.

And what if it did happened? Then you are here, calling victims a bunch of liars. Not cool.

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

BABYL0N

Leaving Neverland has so many contradictions you can easily find them all over Youtube. Also, the FBI reports go against any reports of child molestation why are people insisting about him being guilty?

Anderson123

Up to the listener to decide what to do but you should do more research and don't believe what those people from the documentary said. 

I personally would not stop listening to my favorite artists/bands because of stuff like this. I'm used to listening every day to that music and one day I'm going to die so might as well enjoy it. But like I said, up to the listener to decide. MJ is dead anyway so no point in trying to cancel him 10+ years later.

Archived