movie

Jared Leto's Joker mimics Jesus Christ

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

And we should care because? It's not like he's committing hate crimes against anyone, it's just a photo using symbolisms from a religion. Just because it means something to a group of people who practice it doesn't mean others have the same feelings lmao. Religion is not beyond mockery, criticism, or ridicule no matter how people feel about it. Regardless of whether the photo is pretentious and tacky or not, it's not "wrong."

Most people don't think it's "wrong." 

I think most poeple who don't like it just think it's tacky. Like, I have no problem with people using religion as a form of artistic expression, but this whole religious angle they're doing with the Snyder Cut feels very pretentious IMO.

🃏🖤👹

2 hours ago, AndrewGr said:

You can't be seriously saying in that in a Lady Gaga fan forum, I---
Were you all sleeping during the Judas era?

The song was called Judas and literally lyrics were iT, the movie isnt called The Passion of the Joker (Christ) and I bet it has nothing to do with religious imagery unlike Judas (which from title alone>>) imo its 2 different things.

2 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

Imagine if it was Mohammed :bear:

This  sooo much lol, they only let mock Christianity and only christian motives can be used "expressed" in their so called artistic way, if it was with some Jewish/Islamic or any other religious symbolism, they would fume and try to "cancel" as much as they could on their twitter accounts calling it inappropriate/hate crime/*insert your woke reason here*. 

ThisGuyTony

Jesus Christ poses and looks have been used since forever. :rip: Not sure why it gets “controversy” every time a movie or someone does it. :smh: 

1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

There are literally no pictures or illustrations of him :toofunny: really shows how little some people know about the religions they claim to defend 

You dont really need a "picture" to make an up roar regarding religion :shrug: you can say certain thing, use certain symbolism etc. It is only in a western part of the world where picture holds bigger value than certain sayings/actions, heck even with the picture there was a superb "scheibestorm" je suis charlie event if you recall regarding cartoon which caused fatal actions taken by some just because of newspaper and not a big global cinema.

6 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Jesus Christ poses and looks have been used since forever. :rip: Not sure why it gets “controversy” every time a movie or someone does it. :smh: 

It is not only about controversy imo, it is more about how it is normal to use Christ poses/imagery but nobody uses other religions because it would cause sh*storm and is quite tacky as well if you disregard my previous statement.

HosedDownGypsy

Yall might say this is no big deal who cares, but henny the christians literally took down Gagas career after judas only to bring her back when she started singing about the Lord showing her the way.

People get canceled over wearing a headdress wich is a religeous artifact of a religion practiced by barely anyone these days, and yet its respected. Now imagine offending something sacred to one of the biggest religions on the world.

These things are personal and will stay controversial for a long time. If it should or shoudnt be is a different question.

RAIN ON ME

ToxicHot

I mean, no offense to Jared (because it's probably not 100% HIS idea) but this is obviously for shock value. I feel like no one would willingly do this unless it's to stir the pot. It's a marketing gimmick that we've seen over and over and over again. :yennefer:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

HotLikeMexico

Look I'm all for blasphemy, but this just screams pretentious and shock for the sake of it. It's tacky.

JusKeepBreathin
7 hours ago, Reality said:

Maybe the context is different, but when I first saw this image, tbh I thought it was really pretentious. 

Why?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

President Biden

Love it and love Jared.

His Joker (while widely criticized) is the extreme opposite of Heath Ledgers ON PURPOSE. He has to be uniqur. And I love this

I got drunk

I have a hard time getting into these increasingly dark and gritty superhero/supervillain films. I can see how that feels like a nice change of pace for fans every once in a while from the goofy/silly Adam West kind of Batman, but the darkness and grittiness keeps escalating until it's overbearing imo :emma:

Pre-Dark Knight Trilogy, if you asked me if I could picture the Joker posing as Jesus in a serious, non-ironic way, I'd laugh and say no, but here he is

⚡🐲

Chromatography
7 hours ago, AndrewGr said:

You can't be seriously saying in that in a Lady Gaga fan forum, I---
Were you all sleeping during the Judas era?

idk, people were mad about rihanna’s jewelry in the other thread. so why is utilizing christian iconography for shock value any different? 

Reality
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Why?

It just think using such religious imagery and symbolism to represent a mediocre (at best) movie is so weird. I have no problem with artists and filmmakers using religion as a means of inspiration, but between this, the "Hallelujah" music in the first trailer, and with the general Snyder Cut fandom treating this movie as if it's the second coming of Jesus, I just really dislike it tbh. 

If it works out, hey, good for them, but I honestly cannot see this movie being much better than the first one.

🃏🖤👹

Archived