Sign in to follow this  
science

Historic temperature jumps in Germany within 7 days

Supersonic

Germany has recorded historic temperature jumps within 7 days, breaking century old records from the 1880.

The city of Göttingen has reported both a record low of -23,8°C (-10,8°F) on February 14th and a record high of 18,1°C (64,6°F) on February 21. The last time something like that has happened was at the very beginning of meteorologic tracking in March 1880. 

The city of Hamburg also has reported that this February has shattered records of heat in Winter, with the hottest day EVER tracking 21°C (70°F).

https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/wetter-in-deutschland-meteorologen-verzeichnen-historischen-temperatursprung-a-35883847-a568-41e0-96f7-93aff26f172e

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

TimisaMonster

Global warming :bear:

Stream my new single🔹️"Sapphire Phoenix"🔹️on Spotify!
  • Like 1

Lucas

This is madness!
I live in the north of France close to Germany and few days ago it was so cold that even with my heathers at max it was super cold in my house, and on Sunday I was out in a t-shirt like it was summer :sweat:

• Sad 1

Magneto

In the Netherlands I was walking in the snow while people were ice-skating and one weekend later I went to the beach :laughga:

Free my mind
  • LMAO 2

MotherOfPuppies

Yeah... we had minus 15 degrees like a week ago and today 17/18 degrees... It's insane

I have to laugh.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

TheSlash

The current weather is insane. Last week I didn't dare to leave my apartment with anything less than a shirt, a sweater and a winter jacket and gloves, with barely over -10°C during the day. Today, even only shirt and sweater were almost too warm with +14°C :bear: . And this coming weekend the forecast says it will drop again. What in the April is going on? :fatcat: 

An original mess since 1995
  • Like 1

pussycat

It's crazy. 2 weeks ago i was ice skating on a lake and last weekend i was getting drunk in the sun like it was summer :cryga: like how

• LMAO 1

bionic

Climate change! :vegas: 

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Oriane

Yes, for two days now I have been going outside just wearing a sweater, and it was still too hot, I could almost have just worn a T-shirt. And just last week there was still so much snow, and people were iceskating etc, crazy.

Hey sis! I know it's a bit awkward to ask but can you make me win? I know I flopped this round, I want to make sure I still have my throne

gabeoz

A week ago is was -7 degrees here in San Antonio (with windchill) and today  just went to a job interview wearing shorts and a button-down tshirt :bear:

• Shook 1

Ronk
1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

The current weather is insane. Last week I didn't dare to leave my apartment with anything less than a shirt, a sweater and a winter jacket and gloves, with barely over -10°C during the day. Today, even only shirt and sweater were almost too warm with +14°C :bear: . And this coming weekend the forecast says it will drop again. What in the April is going on? :fatcat: 

Really crazy weather rn.  We can take advantage of the warm days when they come.

Your mention of April reminded me of this by Robert Frost:

"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You’re one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you’re two months back in the middle of March."

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 2

PunkTheFunk

No one:

Global Warming:

TheSlash
6 hours ago, Ronk said:

Really crazy weather rn.  We can take advantage of the warm days when they come.

Your mention of April reminded me of this by Robert Frost:

"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You’re one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you’re two months back in the middle of March."

In Germany we actually have a saying that roughly translates to

April, April, it doesn't know what it wants.

Sometimes rain, sometimes sun

And now it even starts to snow.

April, April, it doesn't know what it wants.

Spoiler

In German, it actually rhymes :huntyga:

April, April, er weiß nicht, was er will.

Mal Regen und mal Sonnenschein, 

jetzt fängt es auch noch an zu schnei'n.

April, April, der weiß nicht, was er will

I don't know about other parts of the world, but for us here, April is usually a very chaotic month when it comes to weather. Sometimes it even changes multiple times during the day, especially when it's storming :messga:.

And sometimes we even had like half a meter of snow in the middle of April :vegas:.

But these days everything seems to shift and we get chaotic weather even way before April or way after :saladga: .

An original mess since 1995
  • Like 2

Economy

So a typical spring in parts of Canada 🤣

Heating to the max on monday, AC full blast on thursday :gayhat:

Edited by Economy