🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

society

New COVID cases are falling in the worst hotspots

Tinnitus15

the vaccines and the social distancing are starting to have results leading to decreases of new cases in the outbreak places like USA and Europe 

Edited by Tinnitus15

Economy
8 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

the vaccines are starting to have results leading to decreases of new cases in the outbreak places like USA and Europe 

Is it the vaccines tho? Isnt there a lag of weeks and up to a month on actually providing immunity not to mention another 1-2 weeks after infection to test positive?

I know some vaccinations did start as early as December but not enough to really explain it cut in nearly half. Its probably due to renewed restrictions in many places tbh

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mister max
10 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

the vaccines are starting to have results leading to decreases of new cases in the outbreak places like USA and Europe 

i would say its the effect of the current lockdowns, vaccines aren't showing their effect yet

Please anticipate Rosé's solo debut | BLACKPINK THE SHOW - the live online concert - JAN 31ST 2021

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Is it the vaccines tho? Isnt there a lag of up to a month on actually providing immunity not to mention another 1-2 weeks after infection to test positive?

I know some vaccinations did start as early as December but not enough to really explain it cut in nearly half. Its probably due to renewed restrictions in many places tbh

They do in some way...For ex in my country at the beginning of the vaccination most of the population was against the vaccines cuz they thought they gonna be chipped :bear: but rn now they’re seeing that they help with the cases and the pandemic as a whole..Another reason for the decline is that there’s a trend where the number of COVID patients dont need to go to hospitals(again in my country they closed lots of Covid units in major hospitals)

alsemanche
32 minutes ago, Economy said:

Is it the vaccines tho? Isnt there a lag of weeks and up to a month on actually providing immunity not to mention another 1-2 weeks after infection to test positive?

Vaccination has been going on since December, as you said. Say a big grouo gets vaccinated in the first week of January, they already gain a certain % of immunity by its end (3 weeks time). Vaccines like Pfizer are also proving to be very effective even after only 1 shot. So of course we are already seeing their effects, especially that the virus is highly transmissible, meaning vaccinating one person already decreases many new cases. Now take that and apply it to large scales like it's been done in the US or UK for example. 

Of course, lockdowns help a lot too but they've been in place for a while now and numbers were still high during them, so the vaccines are definitely playing a role here. 

Also vaccines decrease severe symptoms and needs for hospitalization, meaning that some people could have had the virus but they didn't experience anything and so didn't get tested, which means they didn't register as covid patients. The vaccines help kill the virus fast so yeah numbers will definitely be on decline because of that too. 

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 4

homomo
31 minutes ago, Economy said:

It would have to be that. paired with people practicing distancing/staying at home.

There’s no other explanation for a decline in cases from a mutated virus that is more infectious & transmissible than a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

ThisGuyTony

My state has been doing 800 - 1k daily the past few weeks. At our worst, we were doing 5k per day. Very interesting to see. :flower: