Sign in to follow this  
society

Cops arrested black teenager for walking home

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Eh the times I did it someone could have definitely been hurt if I hadn’t. A gang of men harassing a barista who was working by herself at a small little coffee shop. She seemed extremely uncomfortable and looked like she didn’t feel safe. I called the store the next day and told her that I had called and she appreciated it.
I don’t just call because someone is suspicious looking. I had that happen to me before all because I was parked out front of some old lady’s house while I visited a friend. 

I mean more like calling the cops if someone’s having a mental health crisis, situations like that tend to have dangerous outcomes 

Agunimon
7 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I mean more like calling the cops if someone’s having a mental health crisis, situations like that tend to have dangerous outcomes 

Oh I would not call the cops for that. That’s what caused a shitstorm of events that took like 10 years to get through that involved child services trying to control our family and ultimately removed my sister from the home. 

• Shook 1

uo111
On 2/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, lestyoufall said:

No because attitude IS A THING. I’ve been stopped by cops before & have NEVER had an attitude or tried to challenge their power & guess what happens? I walk away with a ticket or a warning. Yes, being stopped is annoying & yes, being stopped is extremely scary ESPECIALLY when you’re a black person but you can’t expect a cop to react kindly when you challenge them & direct aggression towards them. Just be a person? Would you expect a random person to respond kindly if you started talking & gave them a **** attitude? NO so why would you expect anything less from the cop? There is so much more to dissect & believe me, I KNOW black people are being murdered & I fully side with BLM. I’m just saying that when you have an attitude, especially in a situation like this where someone called to report him walking in the middle of the street IN WINTER with only a t-shirt things are clearly going to escalate. This wasn’t a case of unfair profiling, he was literally walking in the street in the dead of winter with just a tshirt. That isn’t normal so the cops showing concern & even offering a ride only to be treated like **** is going to escalate stuff.

We have to laugh. I remember the black man who said the same thing on facebook before the police shot him dead.

Add another crime to the list, #walkingwhileblack

Edited by uo111

FentyGa
On 2/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, FentyGa said:

ACAB

@TEANUS what’s so funny? 

Xoxo Adriana

i watched the full video, it looked like they were trying to provoke a reaction from this guy. he was completely innocent and just walking home so why did they feel the need to follow him? if he’s saying he DOES NOT need a ride home and isn’t cold, then that should’ve been end of discussion. “okay then, get home safe” should’ve been a better + more ideal scenario.

they asked him more than a dozen times where he was heading and he clearly replied “home”, so i don’t know what’s not clicking here. the most annoying part was when they switched their reasoning for following him to him “walking on the road” which he politely agreed with, apologised and switched to the walking path. could they have stop there? of course not.

the arrest or “detain” wasn’t necessary at all. i’ve seen some videos where arrests could’ve been necessary if there is a violent person (talking about any race here, not exclusively black) but this kid was just making his way home and didn’t need to be bothered by that. 

Edited by Xoxo Adriana

Fresco
2 hours ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

i watched the full video, it looked like they were trying to provoke a reaction from this guy. he was completely innocent and just walking home so why did they feel the need to follow him? if he’s saying he DOES NOT need a ride home and isn’t cold, then that should’ve been end of discussion. “okay then, get home safe” should’ve been a better + more ideal scenario.

they asked him more than a dozen times where he was heading and he clearly replied “home”, so i don’t know what’s not clicking here. the most annoying part was when they switched their reasoning for following him to him “walking on the road” which he politely agreed with, apologised and switched to the walking path. could they have stop there? of course not.

the arrest or “detain” wasn’t necessary at all. i’ve seen some videos where arrests could’ve been necessary if there is a violent person (talking about any race here, not exclusively black) but this kid was just making his way home and didn’t need to be bothered by that. 

People that live in Texas have zero experience with hypothermia. Hypothermia kills people. Hypothermia makes people confused and ironically feel hot when they are way too cold. He was wearing a t-shirt with bare arms and no jacket and no suitable winter clothing. Electricity was out all over Texas during this time frame. If the hypothermic teenager managed to find his way home, stumbling in the snow, he would have likely spent the night in a very cold house, continuing the hypothermia for a very long period of time. This teenager could have died in the cold. They could have found his dead body frozen in the road and then the cops would have been fired for deriliction of duty for not making sure he was safe.

Read this story about 21 year old Olivia Chutich. She died of hypothermia and alcohol poisoning outside her sorority in Iowa. She probably would be alive if she had passed out inside where it was warm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/human-interest/iowa-student-found-sorority-parking-lot-died-alcohol-poisoning-hypothermia/%3famp=true