Chromatica out now

đź’Ś monthly fan mail đź’Ś
society

Cops arrested black teenager for walking home

Biggest Bitch

Featured Posts

Economy
4 hours ago, bionic said:

Can't seem to watch the video but the report makes it sound appear that he was being obstructive to the police (even if they were overly 'diligent'). 

Its not working for me either so i cant say for sure

But ive noticed a pattern where a lot of these stories the titles tend to oversimplify the situation to make it clickbait.

Theres almost always more to the story than first implied (even if the title is not a total lie either)

But again in this specific case i cant say cuz video isnt playing :sis:

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• kukuryku666

• Agunimon

• lestyoufall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can y'all stop with this "attitude" thing? Black people are being killed everyday without any reason. No **** he didn't want to work with them. Seeing a cop is "scary", talking to one is a whole

After watching the video I can understand both sides. The police were in no way aggressive with him and simply making sure that he was ok. The female police officer asked him repeatedly if he was cold

How are y’all siding with the cops? It’s not illegal to walk outside.. I don’t blame him for not wanting them to give him a ride, as a black man he may not really trust them and that’s understandable.

Economy
3 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Can y'all stop with this "attitude" thing? Black people are being killed everyday without any reason.

No **** he didn't want to work with them. Seeing a cop is "scary", talking to one is a whole other level. He could die here.

Racism problems in the system doesnt mean cops go around shooting black people at random just because they felt like it this isnt Nazi Germany. Social media loves to take legitimate problems but then always sensationalize them several notches

Theres typically a catalyst for when racist cops end up letting a situation escalate too quickly resulting in deadly force even tho it wasnt necessairy... 

Perhaps a cop reacts more quickly to respond to attitide then they would a white person. Or they might interpret certain gestures in a tense situation to be agression more quickly while to a white they might give them more the benefit of the doubt preventing premature escalation

None of this is ok and im not saying it is. But what im saying is theres typically some catalyst that results in premature escalation wheb racism or profiling is involved... they dont just go around shooting at random

Theres no reason in a situation where ur walking and ur asked if ur ok that u have to assume ur gonna be killed. Even in a racist world that makes no sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
kukuryku666
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Racism problems in the system doesnt mean cops go around shooting black people at random just because they felt like it this isnt Nazi Germany. Social media loves to take legitimate problems but then always sensationalize them several notches

Theres typically a catalyst for when racist cops end up letting a situation escalate too quickly resulting in deadly force even tho it wasnt necessairy... 

Perhaps a cop reacts more quickly to respond to attitide then they would a white person. Or they might interpret certain gestures in a tense situation to be agression more quickly while to a white they might give them more the benefit of the doubt preventing premature escalation

None of this is ok and im not saying it is. But what im saying is theres typically some catalyst that results in premature escalation wheb racism or profiling is involved... they dont just go around shooting at random

Theres no reason in a situation where ur walking and ur asked if ur ok that u have to assume ur gonna be killed. Even in a racist world that makes no sense

But they do be shooting black people at random tho. And even if they had some good intentions. This was a black guy, walking alone at night. Obviously he was terrified, not suprise he wasn't nice. Everything could happened.

He could be killed here and no one would even know why.

be queer, do crime
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
lestyoufall
5 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Can y'all stop with this "attitude" thing? Black people are being killed everyday without any reason.

No **** he didn't want to work with them. Seeing a cop is "scary", talking to one is a whole other level. He could die here.

No because attitude IS A THING. I’ve been stopped by cops before & have NEVER had an attitude or tried to challenge their power & guess what happens? I walk away with a ticket or a warning. Yes, being stopped is annoying & yes, being stopped is extremely scary ESPECIALLY when you’re a black person but you can’t expect a cop to react kindly when you challenge them & direct aggression towards them. Just be a person? Would you expect a random person to respond kindly if you started talking & gave them a **** attitude? NO so why would you expect anything less from the cop? There is so much more to dissect & believe me, I KNOW black people are being murdered & I fully side with BLM. I’m just saying that when you have an attitude, especially in a situation like this where someone called to report him walking in the middle of the street IN WINTER with only a t-shirt things are clearly going to escalate. This wasn’t a case of unfair profiling, he was literally walking in the street in the dead of winter with just a tshirt. That isn’t normal so the cops showing concern & even offering a ride only to be treated like **** is going to escalate stuff.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
kukuryku666
6 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

No because attitude IS A THING. I’ve been stopped by cops before & have NEVER had an attitude or tried to challenge their power & guess what happens? I walk away with a ticket or a warning. Yes, being stopped is annoying & yes, being stopped is extremely scary ESPECIALLY when you’re a black person but you can’t expect a cop to react kindly when you challenge them & direct aggression towards them. Just be a person? Would you expect a random person to respond kindly if you started talking & gave them a **** attitude? NO so why would you expect anything less from the cop? There is so much more to dissect & believe me, I KNOW black people are being murdered & I fully side with BLM. I’m just saying that when you have an attitude, especially in a situation like this where someone called to report him walking in the middle of the street IN WINTER with only a t-shirt things are clearly going to escalate. This wasn’t a case of unfair profiling, he was literally walking in the street in the dead of winter with just a tshirt. That isn’t normal so the cops showing concern & even offering a ride only to be treated like **** is going to escalate stuff.

Stop expecting people to be logic when they are scared of their lives.

And if you are nor black, don't compare yourself being stopped by the cops to them, because it's a whole other story.

Anyways, abolish the police.

Edited by kukuryku666
be queer, do crime
  • Like 1
bionic
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

And if you are nor black, don't compare yourself being stopped by the cops to them, because it's a whole other story.

I think everyone in the thread can see how and where the situation could have escalated as we’ve unfortunately seen several times before, if different cops were on the scene 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
lestyoufall
10 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Stop acting as if the only thing that matters is that he was stopped by the police? You’re only taking into account that he was stopped & giving him full permission to be a d*** about it. His attitude matters, the reason he was stopped matters, the fact that police were genuinely trying to help him matters. Simply being stopped doesn’t give him the right to be rude. He was being confrontational for actually no reason except to be combative. Stop zeroing in on one fact & start considering the entire picture.

Economy
2 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

Stop acting as if the only thing that matters is that he was stopped by the police? You’re only taking into account that he was stopped & giving him full permission to be a d*** about it. His attitude matters, the reason he was stopped matters, the fact that police were genuinely trying to help him matters. Simply being stopped doesn’t give him the right to be rude. He was being confrontational for actually no reason except to be combative. Stop zeroing in on one fact & start considering the entire picture.

Thats the thing. I feel like some individuals in some circumstances weaponize the BLM movement in an incorrect manner and take advantage of it

Raising awareness about race targeted police brutality isnt suppostu be a free card to be able justify anything

If police get a call, someone is very oddly walking in a tshirt in the cold thats weird. It could be a mental health crisis (theres a lot of that going around). They have a duty to investigate and they were just doing their jobs

But thats a generalization... Now from his perspective tho who knows. If hes had bad experiences with cops before its understandable he wouldnt give them benefit of the doubt (even tho it doesnt justify attitude). He could of genuinely been going thru a mental health crisis, ppl tend to blow up a lot quicker

So he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt as an individual here we dont know everything hes gone thru. 

Police have a tendency to suck at de-escalation too. Like yeah some individuals are too quick to spaz out so sometimes ots not the cops that start it but they are the proffesionals involved in situations and should be way better trained at handling those situations without resorting to brute force so quickly so often. They tend to escalate a tense situation even worse when 90% of the time it probably could of been avoided. Law enforcement is getting a bad reputation especially with black community for a reason

lestyoufall
On 2/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, Economy said:

But thats a generalization... Now from his perspective tho who knows. If hes had bad experiences with cops before its understandable he wouldnt give them benefit of the doubt (even tho it doesnt justify attitude). He could of genuinely been going thru a mental health crisis, ppl tend to blow up a lot quicker

If this were acceptable then it’d be understandable for cops who’ve had bad experiences with black people to not give any black people the benefit of the doubt. This logic just doesn’t work either way you look at it. Everything else you said in your post I agree with though. In this specific case the cops were clearly trying to help & approached him & a calm & caring way. He became argumentative which a lot of people seem to do nowadays because they think challenging a policeman/woman’s power by screaming BLM will get them off the hook for whatever they’re being stopped for. You can’t just play the race card whenever you feel like.

• Like 1
GagaSine
On 2/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Agunimon said:

People could have called the cops simply for concern from his wellbeing as well. I've had instances where I did that. 

Please don’t do this, it can put people in danger

ShayCristoforo

Ffs, black Americans’ actions and reactions shouldn’t be delegitimized based on speculation and anecdotes. Generational and emotional trauma exists, as well as media-induced chaos. That’s the truth about trauma and chaotic thoughts. It may not be completely logical, but it’s valid. Even if someone seems to overreact or jump on a bandwagon, there must be a sense of community or comfort that they receive within that discourse. 
Why do we feel the need to focus 95% on pointing fingers, while providing minuscule empathy? 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.
  • Like 1
Economy
3 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

If this were acceptable then it’d be understandable for cops who’ve had bad experiences with black people to not give any black people the benefit of the doubt. This logic just doesn’t work either way you look at it. Everything else you said in your post I agree with though. In this specific case the cops were clearly trying to help & approached him & a calm & caring way. He became argumentative which a lot of people seem to do nowadays because they think challenging a policeman/woman’s power by screaming BLM will get them off the hook for whatever they’re being stopped for. You can’t just play the race card whenever you feel like.

I know. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt that he may have had some explainable reason for giving attitude and to not judge him too harshly without knowing his past experiences and/or state of mind that caused this

This doesnt mean im defending him or saying it justifies it. In my comment i think i was quite clear i didnt think this was ok :enigma:

Fresco

Very early in the conversation the female officer said we're just trying to see if you need a ride somewhere. He should have said yes.  Yes, I'm cold and need a ride. It is so simple to say.  Make a friend. He was not dressed for freezing snow with only a t-shirt on. They had to follow him because he probably had hypothermia and could have died and it would have been their fault for letting a hypothermic teenager die.

Take a look at this 21 year old college student , Olivia Chutich , that died of hypothermia and alcohol right next to her sorority house in Iowa. People die in freezing cold. It's dangerous. People also are unable to think clearly with hypothermia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/human-interest/iowa-student-found-sorority-parking-lot-died-alcohol-poisoning-hypothermia/%3famp=true

Agunimon
4 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Please don’t do this, it can put people in danger

Eh the times I did it someone could have definitely been hurt if I hadn’t. A gang of men harassing a barista who was working by herself at a small little coffee shop. She seemed extremely uncomfortable and looked like she didn’t feel safe. I called the store the next day and told her that I had called and she appreciated it.
I don’t just call because someone is suspicious looking. I had that happen to me before all because I was parked out front of some old lady’s house while I visited a friend.