💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jack Whitehall reveals he insulted Lady Gaga and has PTSD about it

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Peroxide555
8 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I think it’s not that much to ask to not mock mental illness since it’s not funny and especially not to those suffering of it. It’s called being considerate.

I suffer from mental health conditions too.

Ultimately, it was a flippant remark he probably didn’t think twice about... bad taste? Sure. But we need to get into the habit of addressing, correcting and moving forward. Cussing and calling him an idiot doesn’t make for a productive conversation.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dominic said:

I hate this so much, you're right it massively undermines it. I have a lot of difficulty with OCD so its refreshing to see someone who doesn't suffer with it actually stand up for it -  so thank you for that ❤

I am currently in residential treatment for OCD so I second this and I empathize with you. :heart:

Luke78619
2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

She was in an embarrassing position with her wardrobe malfunction and he went on and told the entire crowd about it (a crowd filled with the biggest names in fashion no less). It’s exactly something an asshole would do. 

He explained the story, it wasn’t deliberate :bear: he was panicking on stage and tried making a joke but then cut to her performance before the joke which made him look bad, that’s not being an asshole 

EDIT: the video of him explaining it is in this thread twice, the OP kind of paints a different light on him

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

3 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

He explained the story, it wasn’t deliberate :bear: he was panicking on stage and tried making a joke but then cut to her performance before the joke which made him look bad, that’s not being an asshole 

But did Gaga know that? :bear:

1 hour ago, Shipper said:

Seems like it was deep shame but he wants to call it PTSD.

:excuseu:

But then again I don't know I'm not him or his therapist.

I know people use "OCD" and "depressed" even if they aren't diagnosed with it or just feel slightly sad or likes to organized. I'm guilty of this too, but I think this undermines people who truly actually have these conditions and people don't treat them as seriously. 

Imagine someone who has been having suicidal thoughts and depression and someone who got tea and not coffee this morning both say they are depressed today. 

People with mental illness, like most people, understand the difference between literal and figurative language.

When a startled persons says “oh my god you gave me a heart attack,” we know they aren’t making light of the leading cause of death in America. We understand that they are being figurative. 

If you are “depressed” when you get the wrong Starbucks order, I understand that you aren’t really undermining my struggle with a life long mental illness.  

Expecting people, particularly a comedian in this instance, to only speak literally is figuratively nuts. 

Luke78619
5 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

But did Gaga know that? :bear:

Did Gaga give him the opportunity to apologise or talk about it like the kindness queen she is :bear: or just call him an asshole

Mother of Puppies
2 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

I can’t lie, calling him an asshole is a bit much for what he actually did :laughga: 

Well the thing is: Gaga didn't hear that interview where he actually explained himself. Just imagine being Gaga and having that malfunction and stress before u are about to go onstage and telling that guy this and he says it to the whole crowd!? Obviously that is not what he intented to do (but still did it LOL)

And she didn't say asshole straight to his face... I would've said the same, because it was rude. (Even though it wasn't really on purpose - but it just went wrong - But Gaga did not know. It was rude anyway of him... that's why he also feels bad about it.

So I don't blame either of them. And y'all lying if u act as if u've never called anyone an asshole. :trollga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

3 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Did Gaga give him the opportunity to apologise or talk about it like the kindness queen she is :bear: or just call him an asshole

Maybe she didn't and was rude, but I will share something, years ago, without knowing I came across as very rude and inconsiderate. When I got to know about it I was mortified. It was literally something that made me lose sleep. It took me a week to find a way to contact that person and explain myself. If had to know when it happened I would explain everything in the moment, unfortunately I didn't notice it. I felt that it was me who needed to apologize and clarify. Eventually I got the chance to talk with the girl and she told me that she already forgotten it. And I was so embarrassed lol.

Either way I think it was a misfortunat moment that happened, the guy didn't mean it and she felt that he was rude. If they had the opportunity to talk on that moment they would clarify things.

Shipper
19 minutes ago, SKANK said:

People with mental illness, like most people, understand the difference between literal and figurative language.

When a startled persons says “oh my god you gave me a heart attack,” we know they aren’t making light of the leading cause of death in America. We understand that they are being figurative. 

If you are “depressed” when you get the wrong Starbucks order, I understand that you aren’t really undermining my struggle with a life long mental illness.  

Expecting people, particularly a comedian in this instance, to only speak literally is figuratively nuts. 

I don't have the conditions you mentioned but i think only those who have those diagnoses get a say on whether they feel undermined or not. If you don't then that's great. If you do then it is important to be mindful with the words we speak. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

5 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

Well the thing is: Gaga didn't hear that interview where he actually explained himself. Just imagine being Gaga and having that malfunction and stress before u are about to go onstage and telling that guy this and he says it to the whole crowd!? Obviously that is not what he intented to do (but still did it LOL)

And she didn't say asshole straight to this face... I would've said the same, because it was rude. (Even though it wasn't really on purpose - but it just went wrong)

So I don't blame either of them. And y'all lying if u act as if u've never called anyone an asshole. :trollga:

It's clearly a moment that need a bit of time between both of them to clarify things. But unfortunately that's not always the case, something very similar happened to me year ago lol.  And I misjudged people a couple of times too, and when the person takes time to explain, cause they notice that I got the wrong impression I have the habit of apologize and get embarrassed lol.

Luke78619
19 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

And she didn't say asshole straight to his face... I would've said the same, because it was rude. (Even though it wasn't really on purpose - but it just went wrong - But Gaga did not know. It was rude anyway of him... that's why he also feels bad about it.

Ive called people assholes when they’re genuine assholes, which is very rare, like if they’re cheating on someone, or stole, or whatever. She didn’t give him the chance to explain when he approached her so she didn’t wanna hear it :selena: 

14 minutes ago, Magui said:

Maybe she didn't and was rude, but I will share something, years ago, without knowing I came across as very rude and inconsiderate. When I got to know about it I was mortified. It was literally something that made me lose sleep. It took me a week to find a way to contact that person and explain myself. If had to know when it happened I would explain everything in the moment, unfortunately I didn't notice it. I felt that it was me who needed to apologize and clarify. Eventually I got the chance to talk with the girl and she told me that she already forgotten it. And I was so embarrassed lol.

Either way I think it was a misfortunat moment that happened, the guy didn't mean it and she felt that he was rude. If they had the opportunity to talk on that moment they would clarify things.

I know what you mean, it’s a horrid feeling :( but jack said he did approach Gaga that night and she just walked straight past him and called him an asshole to her manager, so she defo had the apportunity to talk but she didn’t seem interested :selena:

Mother of Puppies

I just watched the video again and he said he wanted to say a joke after the "she had a wardrobe malfunction" and then he was still making up a joke in his head... and he was cut off because she was about to come onstage .... I actually doubt that and think he might have just said it to not come off as rude.

Because the joke or sentence after "she had a wardrobhe malfunction" couldn't be that long... he still would've had the time to say what he wanted to say... how many seconds could a short sentence be... like 3 seconds - I mean c'mon...

This is sometimes the problems with comedians... they try to be extra funny and do it at the cost of other people and then afterwards realize that this was over the line. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he hasn't thought this through... so next time he sees Gaga anywhere he should just apologize and explain himself. I'm sure Gaga is not the type to be upset about it anymore... ( Madonna, Lana del rey, xtina) They said far worse stuff and she's on good terms with them.

Mother of Puppies
5 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Ive called people assholes when they’re genuine assholes, which is very rare, like if they’re cheating on someone, or stole, or whatever. She didn’t give him the chance to explain when he approached her so she didn’t wanna hear it :selena: 

I know what you mean, it’s a horrid feeling :( but jack said he did approach Gaga that night and she just walked straight past him and called him an asshole to her manager, so she defo had the apportunity to talk but she didn’t seem interested :selena:

Yeah, because she was still mad at this very moment. It was just plain rude and it was an act of an actual asshole. :bear: I would've been mad too... u just don't do this. (And how do u know if he really tried to talk to her? Maybe he didn't and just said it)

Regina George

God not y’all jumping on this guy (who is comedian) for saying she has a dress malfunction but just in other thread defended comedian that called Britney’s children “cutest mistakes ever” just after her performance “because she is comedian and they do this kind of stuff”. Y’all also called us too sensitive. Tragic.

Archived