💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Daft Punk have split up.

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

androiduser

all these bands that break up come back together for a reunion eventually.... they won't do much as individuals, and then they will announce a reunion in 10 years

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

24fd9e3f676d678e50bfdc560fae0e18.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Anderson123
2 hours ago, Ceres said:

So I noticed in the Epilogue movie that only silver helmet explodes so maybe Gold helmet is going solo or something?

Edit: Nvm it's Electroma.

22 minutes ago, androiduser said:

all these bands that break up come back together for a reunion eventually.... they won't do much as individuals, and then they will announce a reunion in 10 years

Yeah, 10 years...it's like they never separated :awkney: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

androiduser
3 minutes ago, Jill said:

Yeah, 10 years...it's like they never separated :awkney: 

sounds like a lot, but it's just two album cycles

Reginald

What a sad day. After following them for two decades, I can only feel a deep sense of loss knowing that they won't be coming back, this time. 

57 minutes ago, Ceres said:

So I noticed in the Epilogue movie that only silver helmet explodes so maybe Gold helmet is going solo or something?

I'm not optimistic -- this "epilogue" is actually half of the ending to their independent movie Electroma. After the silver robot explodes, the gold robot removes his helmet and sets himself on fire, destroying his body, as well. 

Electroma3.jpg

tumblr_inline_o83mz42RH61qbycn1_500.gifv

It's kind of odd to me that they would recycle footage from this movie from like 15 years ago as a farewell, but... alas. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

DirrtyPony

Legends. Nothing but respect for what they brought to music. They were masters at techno/EDM, even since the beginning.

Now excuse me as I play Homework and Discovery on repeat all day :bradley:

Strung out for another taste

Big Reputation

I’m so upset by this news; they are among my top favourite artists. Listening to their music all day

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

The Child
1 hour ago, Ceres said:

No, the video is just an extract of their 2007 movie. So no metaphors there lol

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

JazzGa

Sad to see an iconic band break up of course, but I kind of understand. They are some of the most important pioneers of the modern production sound, yet because of how they designed their act, the two men under the masks are still unknown to most ppl. IMO they should be household names like Pharrell or Max Martin. I think they deserve credit for all the influence they've had on modern music, and putting their names at the forefront of future solo projects will help them get the recognition they deserve. 

Hopefully they continue working with great pop acts! There is a Dr Luke-shaped void in the dance radio sound these days and maybe the Daft Bois can step into his place

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived