Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bigger Letdown: ARTPOP or Chromatica

President Biden

Bigger Letdown Era: ARTPOP or Chromatica  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which era’s cancellations/empty promises/change of plans let you down more?

• ARTPOP
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

President Biden

lady gaga applause GIF

So which one were you more upset never fully delivered? And which one do you think had more promise, had it been executed as planned:

ARTPOP or Chromatica

Lady Gaga GIF by NOW That's Music

I got drunk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Biden

Personally, Chromatica.

At it’s bare minimum, ARTPOP had hella interviews, performances, special events. We even got the GUY video and Roseland performance after all the havoc.

I got drunk

Agunimon

I was more of a traditional stan during ARTPOP than I am now, so my answer is ARTPOP. Now I just care about music and some cool videos every now and then. She really delivered musically with Chromatica for me.

Putang Ina Mo

Chromatica.

ARTPOP was a mess because of her team + she was in a lot of controversies at that time, but at least she had bunch of interviews and live performances, basically exposure.

While on Chromatica, IDK what happened she suddenly disappeared, except for brand deals and Haus Labs. She did an an interview last year and the VMAs performance and that's it. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

jacs vs looser

Back then ARTPOP was a bigger letdown, because prior to it she was doing multiple singles per era, BTW which was the imediate era before had 5 proper singles with performances, remixes, etc. 

However, I think Chromatica is a much bigger wasted opportunity, as she was literally coming from a second "surge" in the GP thanks to ASIB. The album was also critically and commercially well recieved. Had singles being chosen better and had they chosen to really promote it well, it could've propelled her music career way further. 

dollardays

Chromatica

I mean the fact that she invented this thing called Chromavirus or whatever so that she didn't have to promote is just :saladga:

gumzy3000

The ARTPOP era was chaotic but we were fed A TON of content. I know its not Gaga's fault but the Chromatica era was severely affected by COVID-19. This era could have been so much bigger. Gaga was lined up to headline Glastonbury... just imagine the slayage and recognition she would have gotten. I am just imagining Swedish House Mafia and BloodPop on stage with her while fireworks go off into the night sky and EDM music is blowing while this is being live-streamed on YouTube with millions of people watching. Point I'm trying to make is this era could have been huge and for me it was a letdown. 

Musically though, Chromatica is an excellent album though. 

trolly troll troll

PxA limited

Chromatica. It’s not because the era did not work out, but because everything connected to it was surreal. Like it was not Gaga but someone who just impersonates her.

ARTPOP was a mess but at least she was still the Mother Monster that said that thing about the ticking clock...for those who remember 😥

Chromatica. 

At least in ARTPOP she tried to be present while everything was falling around her and hence we still got promo performances and appearances, in Chromatica it feels like she just kinda gave up.

Wet Fire

ARTPOP because back then when her 'promises' weren't being fulfilled there was no explanation of why she was scrapping those plans. Venus being scrapped and then the DWUW drama and the Terry Eagleton cancellation and the app not being there and...

Now during Chromatica, she's being much more open about her personal struggles, plus I have also learned to not demand more content without caring about what she personally feels. I guess that didn't make the blow as hard as it could have been.

So, yes, ARTPOP.

ThisGuyTony

Chromatica is a better album than ARTPOP production wise and lyrically. Because of the lack of videos, interviews, live performances, and seeing Gaga, however, Chromatica is the bigger letdown.

TimisaMonster

Chromatica...its sad how it's being treated, ignored, neglected, forgotten, and out right wasted...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived