💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Quartz
5 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

considerable effort = not researching anything, not supporting autistic actors and having a hate group as a collaborator and info source

you're right, poor Sia :wtf:

I know you're heated, but we're not the enemy here. I for one went into this thread to ask about what was the issue with the film. There's no need for the attitude when you could have spent the same effort educating me in an open and non-confrontational way.

Anyway, I have all the information I need from the other responses who explained in detail what was wrong with the film for people who didn't watch it like me. They were really helpful, especially the ones who are on the spectrum. Have a good night.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Everyone makes mistakes

Not everyone is defending them and attacking people who are giving you criticism

2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

We were trying to be nice, but she was not. Maybe if she was more understanding this situation would be different, but her responses from the start looked like this:

EnSCGMQW4AABtDg.jpg

Looks like she needs to be advised on people skills and how to respond politely and not combative. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

Quartz
5 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

The iconic “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”

Thanks! Will try to see if I can watch that. ;)

Quartz
1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

Sorry that I don't have any energy left for explain everything wrong with this movie in a nice and colorful way, when most of the people are not even listening.

Maybe because you're so angry with your replies. People don't listen when they think that they're being attacked. But you don't need to explain anything else to me personally. I got what I needed from the other replies. Thanks.

I've just seen a review on YT where the woman says the restraint in the film had the person kneeling over the other person at waist level and putting hands on their arms to restrain, not laying on top of them.. has anyone seen the film here and can confirm either way?

Biden Harris 2024

What a mess. I just don't get why she can't work with anyone other than Maddie. Her acting seems very forced.

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

27monster27
55 minutes ago, Quartz said:

I don't even know what this movie is. Can I know the title? :)

It is called Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

he/him/his

FentyGa
12 hours ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

i think you just have to understand that not everyone is gonna agree

you may not find it offensive, but many autistic people do

it doesn’t mean that you’re wrong or they’re wrong, it’s just different perspectives. that’s what art does, for better or for worse, it allows people to form thoughts and opinions.

sia needs to understand this as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

5 hours ago, codymonster said:

In saying that, from my perspective, it is difficult to see how cruel people are being to Sia. Some are expressing their dislike for the movie, which is fine. But others are tearing her down, and making her out to be some nasty woman. Sia is such a kind-hearted person, and her goal was to make a movie, with a lead character BASED on a nonverbal autistic child she saw routinely while she was doing AA.

She obviously failed and it pisses people off to see something like this because it involves their lives to some extent. To be living with a misunderstood mental condition u want the best representation so that people UNDERSTAND you not so that stereotypes are perpertrated even further. So yes, if you think about it this way, it's annoying as hell and she deserves the backlash. I couldn't even imagine if she made a movie about OCD, and the whole movie is a woman saying "I'm a perfectionnist hahahaha I love to be clean and to clean my house!!!!!". Like no, **** off. If you don't even understand the illness do not talk about it with your huge platform, leave people alone

Regina George
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

i think you just have to understand that not everyone is gonna agree

you may not find it offensive, but many autistic people do

it doesn’t mean that you’re wrong or they’re wrong, it’s just different perspectives. that’s what art does, for better or for worse, it allows people to form thoughts and opinions.

sia needs to understand this as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

Yes I definitely understand what you mean. Thank you for being respectful and nice! :heart:

15 hours ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

As someone who is autistic, I can say the prone restraint performed in the film is dangerous to us, potentially lethal even, and should not be applied as liberally as it was in the film.**

Why are we so unvalued? Why is that "NOTHING bad" to you? How are we "overreacting" when we say "you could kill us with this restraint and its use is widely condemned by experts"? Why are you speaking so assertively over top of us? :( We are trying to tell people to not endanger us further. I don't care about the petition in the thread title, but I do care when people pretend these scenes are "NOTHING bad" instead of "it's bad in some spots for our well-being, for these reasons".

** (This could possibly be addressed by editing the scenes or adding a disclaimer at the beginning of the film, but as @Meraki already noted several times, those things were not done in time for the first audience screenings, and I don't know if or when they'll send out new cuts.)

⚡🐲

Regina George
7 minutes ago, PEZ said:

As someone who is autistic, I can say the prone restraint performed in the film is dangerous to us, potentially lethal even, and should not be applied as liberally as it was in the film.**

Why are we so unvalued? Why is that "NOTHING bad" to you? How are we "overreacting" when we say "you could kill us with this restraint and its use is widely condemned by experts"? Why are you speaking so assertively over top of us? :( We are just trying to tell people to not endanger us further. I don't care much about the petition in the thread title, but I do care when people pretend it's "NOTHING bad" instead of "it's bad in some spots for our well-being, for these reasons".

** (This could possibly be addressed by editing the scenes or adding a disclaimer at the beginning of the film, but as @Meraki already noted several times, those things were not done in time for the first audience screenings, and I don't know if or when they'll send out new cuts.)

It is a movie and she is not glorifying the act of restraining. I understand u tho and I am sorry if what I said offended you. 

Kadikaado

I am authistic and I did not see the movie, but I will always support the authistic comunity. If they say the movie is irresponsible, ableist and a bad representation I will stand by them.

I am so tired of all authistic characters in the media being portrayed in only one way: Atypical, The Good Doctor and many others.

I truly liked Adam, Hugh Dancy gave a beautiful and sensitive performance.

Dating in the spectrum is a great representation of people in the spectrum.

These stereotypes hurt us.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

• Teletubby changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Archived