šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Regina George
18 minutes ago, Autumn said:

i understand your perspective, but having autistic family members does NOT make you more educated, or your opinion more valid, than that of actual autistic people.

I am not claiming I am more educated than autistic people, never did, never will. Please donā€™t take things out of context or put things in my mouth.

21 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

You 4 sure can have some knowledge but you will never know how we fell and saying this film was a 100% ok is a proof of that. So don't say what's right or wrong when it's not your place to do that. As I said already 2 times before, it promotes things that can kill us. It's triggering and dangerous.

Iā€™m sorry but what about this movie can kill you? I am honestly asking because I need to know what youā€™re talking about. Also I said what is my opinion, not what is universally right or wrong.Ā 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSine
Just now, Regina George said:

I am not claiming I am more educated than autistic people, never did, never will. Please donā€™t take things out of context or put things in my mouth.

Iā€™m sorry but what about this movie can kill you? I am honestly asking because I need to know what youā€™re talking about. Also I said what is my opinion, not what is universally right or wrong.Ā 

People have explained several times in this thread that autistic kids have died from being restrained prone, itā€™s considered a bad practice because itā€™s too dangerous and is portrayed in the filmĀ 

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

No, but she popularized the look that Sia used for an album with a similar narrative, similar performance aesthetic and similar shtick and backstory.

sexy girl GIF

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

PartySick
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

This thread may help for you to understand why it is an issue

Ā 

Thanks for sharing. It definitely makes sense now :toofunny:Ā and the fact that Maddie didn't want to do it but they pushed her to anyway :toofunny:

I wonder why they didn't get an autistic actor for this? :spin:

šŸ–¤

Sandrology

Thank you to each and everyone on here with information and personal experience about autism, educatingĀ people like me who don't.Ā :hug:

After hearing your opinions, and seeing clips myself I see the reason to remove SiaĀ from the golden globes and the difficulties this movie brings.

First and foremost, I think Sia is a good person and she as an Artist with good intentionsĀ should not be "cancelled", but the Movie seems ill fitted if not to say dangerous.Ā  She tried to shed light on a topic and minority of people that weren't represented in media. This movie started alot of discussion and education for the topic so therefore may not be good as a movie or representation but brought us as a society further to understand each other. (Sadly behind a big project like this, there could and should have been more research to breakdowns, a more autism-friendly movie itself and even out of the spectrum some autism actors.)

Ā 

Economy
7 hours ago, Chromatican said:

Just her general 1000 Forms of Fear persona, which was VERY reminiscent of Gaga's TFM persona. The similar wigs, the concept of fear like the fear of men monster on TFM and the former songwriter turned popstar angle with performance artist aesthetic to boot.

I find this a bit of a reach :enigma:

elijahfan

I mean, what willĀ removing her from the GG nominations change? All these people do is bring attention to the movie, which is probably the last thing they should want. The movie is panned and flopping, it will soon be forgotten, just don't beat a dead horse, idk...

Regina George
15 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

There is a scene of MusicĀ having a breakdown and her sisterĀ restraining her, pushingĀ down to the ground and lying on her. Not only is it scary and wrong it is also dangerous.

A lot if people died this way.

Also, you don't need to say "I'm more educated than" to behave like you are. Putting "I worked with autistic people, i have autistic family member" at the beginningĀ of your comment and than dismiss every problem autistic people have with his movie by saying it is a 100% ok is enough.

But do you know how many autistic kids died because of what they did to themselves. Sometimes it is extremely hard to calm them. Using force is never the answer but in situations where itā€™ll cause bigger damage you have to find a way to protect your child. It is not always so black and white, rightĀ or wrong.Ā 

Economy
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This thread may help for you to understand why it is an issue

Ā 

Not saying he/she is wrong but this image alone doesnt prove anything. U can pause a video at just the right time and make any person do a really stuoid face

elijahfan
Just now, kukuryku666 said:

So it is flopping ot nominated for golden globe award? Because these two together doesn't make any sense...

Yes we are bringing attention to it, but what else can we do? Sit back and watch it being praised and rewarded?

To be nominated, a film doesn't need to be a box office smash. But if it was indeed panned by critics like I'm seeing reported everywhere, it is a bit curious the Hollywood Foreign Press would choose to nominateĀ it, I agree.

I just think things are bad enough for Sia and she's probably learnt her lesson by now. I believe there are worst issues in the world right now worth signing petitions for.

GagaSine
11 minutes ago, Regina George said:

But do you know how many autistic kids died because of what they did to themselves. Sometimes it is extremely hard to calm them. Using force is never the answer but in situations where itā€™ll cause bigger damage you have to find a way to protect your child. It is not always so black and white, rightĀ or wrong.Ā 

Please read this article if you have time, it is nuanced and acknowledges it may be necessary to restrain but it should be a last resort and also goes into how dangerous prone restraining specifically isĀ 

Ā 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/my-life-aspergers/201812/restraint-people-autism-and-developmental-disabilityĀ 

Ā 

• Teletubby changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Archived