šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

She didnā€™t NEED to include all different types of autistic people if SHE didnā€™t want to , itā€™s a film not an educational documentary !

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

You guys are intentionally dense to play nice with other fandoms.

The fact that you're reducing this to a f*cking stan war when actual people are hurt by this is really something let's just say thatĀ 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Idk what were they thinking when they nominated Sia's movie... She didn't manage well this condition in the movieĀ :fatcat:Ā I guess she tried her best but it didn't turn out well, unfortunately

Can we get James Corden out, too?Ā :neyde:Ā Sorry to him but that nomination was a jokeĀ :selena:

MadreMonster

Did no one think to tell her she shouldnā€™t do this movie? I donā€™t get how it got completed in the first placeĀ :wtf:

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, MadreMonster said:

Did no one think to tell her she shouldnā€™t do this movie? I donā€™t get how it got completed in the first placeĀ :wtf:

what happened to your iconic avi?

Serial Chiller
15 minutes ago, SFX said:

She didnā€™t NEED to include all different types of autistic people if SHE didnā€™t want to , itā€™s a film not an educational documentary !

I don't know where you come from and why you think it's worth the effort to create an account on here just to defend Sia's ignorance. In case you are just a misguided Sia fan and aren't actually a troll- let me explain: movies do way more damage to marginalized people and minorities than documentaries. The average person doesn't watch documentaries, they watch movies.

Movies have long misrepresented and caricarturized these very real people. Asian, black, latino, native american, fat people, LGBT, you name it. Autism is no different. These portrayals become cemented in the public's thought. It is not the origin of stereotypes, no, but entertainment media isĀ a very fertile ground for it to spread and be perpetuated in society.Ā Ā 

Artists have to be responsible in today's political climate. You can't just say 'It's her movie she can do whatever she wants'Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Regina George

@kukuryku666Ā you said (sarcastically at it) just because I have someone whoā€™s autistic in the family I am an expert on this - well yes I am. It be like that when you have sick members of the family that u care about.

Also I wonā€™t bother with bunch of uneducated people who quoted me about how I as someone who worked with those kids know much about this. I learned not to do that on GGD because whatever you say it will offend someone even when you try being nice. Take care!Ā 

codymonster

As someone who isn't autistic, I realize I don't have the right to stop people from being upset; I totally respect and understand that I have a different perspective.

In saying that, from my perspective, it is difficult to see how cruel people are being to Sia. Some are expressing their dislike for the movie, which is fine. But others are tearing her down, and making her out to be some nasty woman. Sia is such a kind-hearted person, and her goal was to make a movie, with a lead character BASED on a nonverbal autistic child she saw routinely while she was doing AA.

I get that autistic representation is important, and that Music as a character does NOT represent all autistic people, but in saying that, did Sia ever say this was a documentary about autistic people in general? No, she is simply telling a SINGLE story about Music. As a teacher of 5 years, I have worked with 2 severely autistic children, and there are MANY similarities to Music's character. I have also worked with autistic children who are nothing close to Music's character. I think we need to remind ourselves that the reality of a person like Music is true; just like the reality of a verbal, high functioning autistic person is true.Ā 

Never did Sia say she was representing all autistic people, and she CONTINUES to express that this movie was made with genuine care and love. Again, if people don't like it and think she did it incorrectly, you are ENTIRELY allowed your opinion! But she clearly did her best, cares about people in general, and doesn't deserve this awful hate thrown at her.Ā  She has said, in recent interviews, that based on the response, she has realized she is an ableist, and has done a lot of researching and soul searching in how to become more informed. She is doing her best, and NO PERSON is capable of being perfect at all times. We need to save this nasty outrage and attacking for people who have EVIL intentions; not for people who misstep and are trying their best..

edengowon
12 minutes ago, Regina George said:

@kukuryku666Ā you said (sarcastically at it) just because I have someone whoā€™s autistic in the family I am an expert on this - well yes I am. It be like that when you have sick members of the family that u care about.

Also I wonā€™t bother with bunch of uneducated people who quoted me about how I as someone who worked with those kids know much about this. I learned not to do that on GGD because whatever you say it will offend someone even when you try being nice. Take care!Ā 

i understand your perspective, but having autistic family members does NOT make you more educated, or your opinion more valid, than that of actual autistic people.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

edengowon
1 minute ago, codymonster said:

As someone who isn't autistic, I realize I don't have the right to stop people from being upset; I totally respect and understand that I have a different perspective.

In saying that, from my perspective, it is difficult to see how cruel people are being to Sia. Some are expressing their dislike for the movie, which is fine. But others are tearing her down, and making her out to be some nasty woman. Sia is such a kind-hearted person, and her goal was to make a movie, with a lead character BASED on a nonverbal autistic child she saw routinely while she was doing AA.

I get that autistic representation is important, and that Music as a character does NOT represent all autistic people, but in saying that, did Sia ever say this was a documentary about autistic people in general? No, she is simply telling a SINGLE story about Music. As a teacher of 5 years, I have worked with 2 severely autistic children, and there are MANY similarities to Music's character. I have also worked with autistic children who are nothing close to it. I think we need to remind ourselves that the reality of a person like Music is true; just like the reality of a verbal, high functioning autistic person is true.Ā 

Never did Sia say she was representing all autistic people, and she CONTINUES to express that this movie was made with genuine care and love. Again, if people don't like it and think she did it incorrectly, you are ENTIRELY allowed your opinion! But she clearly did her best, cares about people in general, and doesn't deserve this awful hate thrown at her.Ā  She has said, in recent interviews, that based on the response, she has realized she is an ablist, and has done a lot of researching and soul searching in how to become more informed. She is doing her best, and NO PERSON is capable of being perfect at all times. We need to save this nasty outrage and attacking for people who have EVIL intentions; not for people who misstep and are trying their best..

if she has purely good intentions she would've cancelled the release of the movie before it came out AND put in that disclaimer that she promised. but she didn't do either of those things. she's shown no interest in learning and has publicly insulted autistic people when they've tried to help educate her.

if this was lgbtq+ people or black people, y'all would be acting VERY differently.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

codymonster
10 minutes ago, Autumn said:

if she has purely good intentions she would've cancelled the release of the movie before it came out AND put in that disclaimer that she promised. but she didn't do either of those things. she's shown no interest in learning and has publicly insulted autistic people when they've tried to help educate her.

if this was lgbtq+ people or black people, y'all would be acting VERY differently.

Again, I don't think she did anything wrong. She is telling the story of a young, nonverbal, severely autistic child that she knew. I agree, she didn't handle herself well on Twitter, but has admitted, and apologized for it. She said it was coming from a true place of hurt as she had nothing but pure intentions for the film and thought she was doing good, so the backlash truly hurt her.

There have been COUNTLESS portrayals of gay people that don't align with myself, and I couldn't care less. I don't know how having a high functioning autistic person portray a severely, nonverbal autistic person would be any better; the high functioning autistic person ALSO has no concept of what a nonverbal autistic person is going through either.Ā 

codymonster
11 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

She is so kind that the first thing she said to an autistic actor was that she's propably not good enough, that's why she didn't get any role

Such a pure soul.Ā 

Racist jokes in your script are just screaming kindness.

You do realize that high functioning autistic people can be bad actors as well, right? Why are people acting like her saying someone might not be a good actor is more offensive because she has autism? If anything, THAT is being an ablest, as we're acting like we need to coddle and dance around people who are high functioning autistic.Ā Her point was, that the role of Music could not be played by someone who is as severely autistic as her character, so anyone who is capable of the role would be ALSO acting in a low functioning, nonverbal role, differing from what they normally are like. Someone who is high functioning autistic is no more qualified for the role than someone who is not autistic.Ā 

GagaSine

This is such a sad situation. Autistic children are so misunderstood and treated often very cruelly, including by medical professionals. šŸ’”Ā 

I havenā€™t seen the movie so I canā€™t judge but from what Iā€™ve seen the portrayal seems very corny and stereotypical, idk why she thought it was a good idea...

• Teletubby changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Archived