Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

27monster27
4 hours ago, Quartz said:

ferris bueller's day off GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Off topic, but that is a very good movie. I watched it for the first time at the end of January.

he/him/his

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it is so stupid how people think that because something that isn’t right happens in a film that that means it’s badly promoting it and making it seem like it’s okay… Bad things happen all the time, so why shouldn’t they be shown? It’s peoples problem if they take that to mean it’s being glamorised or whatever, honestly people need to get a ****ing grip

It's literally a caricature of autism, autism for the masses and portrayed poorly. Maddie spent 2 years studying how to make those faces :air: such a mess. I don't think the petition will do anything but I love it

thefamebitch

As someone who has family members and friends on the spectrum, as well as working as an educator with many children on the spectrum, I do not like the movie. While the intentions may have been good, I find the depictions of people on the spectrum very insulting.  Considering all the creative and hard working people who exist on the spectrum in the real world, it was just disappointing to see this be the depiction of this condition in 2021.

The thought of people who have no previous idea of what autism is watching this film and gaining an opinion on the matter is rather depressing to think about. In short, this film isn’t something that you’d want to show your friends or family if you had autism and wanted them to understand...

ShayCristoforo

I like Sia but I don’t feel bad. All she needs to do is stay in her lane and admit that she had no business or authority to create this project. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

HausOfMark

As a teacher who working in the special education world, I feel I need to watch this because ive been hearing many things about it.

BUT as a special education teacher, im going to remember that the autism world has a vast majority, its not just one way but many different types of ways it shows and looks. Its different for EACH individual. 

-Mark

BabylonChristmas

As someone who is autistic, I can tell you that the movie is a whole ****ing mess. Not all of us act like what Maddie's character does. Her character is the stereotypical trope of what people think autism is like, and it scares me that others think that's the only type of autistic people there are. We don't get enough representation at all, or we end up getting the wrong kind of representation from others, and it sickens me.

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

Agunimon
22 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I like Sia but I don’t feel bad. All she needs to do is stay in her lane and admit that she had no business or authority to create this project. 

I feel the opposite. I feel bad for her since I doubt she did this with ill intentions given how proud she was about it but I feel like she was just surrounded by a team or people who had very little consideration for the consequences of a caricature stereotype of someone with autism being the primary character in the movie for a condition that is not understood by most and is often the target for insensitive jokes. It’s clear from what I’ve seen of the movie that nobody saw the script and said to her girl this ain’t it. 

Roboboy
5 hours ago, Chromatican said:

Just her general 1000 Forms of Fear persona, which was VERY reminiscent of Gaga's TFM persona. The similar wigs, the concept of fear like the fear of men monster on TFM and the former songwriter turned popstar angle with performance artist aesthetic to boot.

gaga didn't invent blonde hair and fear 

Chromatican
1 minute ago, LG6IsHere said:

gaga didn't invent blonde hair and fear 

No, but she popularized the look that Sia used for an album with a similar narrative, similar performance aesthetic and similar shtick and backstory.

I havent seen the film, and i feel that i wont like the message that it brings. I am happy that many people here are talking about autism, because i feel not alone. I also have a family member with autism, and very very close to him. 

Where did u guys watch this?

Roboboy
Just now, Chromatican said:

No, but she popularized the look that Sia used for an album with a similar narrative, similar performance aesthetic and similar shtick and backstory.

the performance aesthetic is not similar at all, and still all you're comparing is the blonde bob and the fear concept lol

Chromatican
Just now, LG6IsHere said:

the performance aesthetic is not similar at all, and still all you're comparing is the blonde bob and the fear concept lol

You guys are intentionally dense to play nice with other fandoms.

Roboboy
Just now, Chromatican said:

You guys are intentionally dense to play nice with other fandoms.

No, i just don't have this gross "us and them" mentality. Stop comparing two successful women who don't have anything to do with each other - if anybody is dense its you for extrapolating these dumb comparisons out of thin air. Jesus Christ.

• Teletubby changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Archived