šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Moonlight on Water
1 hour ago, Quartz said:

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

She didn't even remove the two scenes where Music is ****ing pinned down. You're telling me there's nothing wrong with it? Look up how many autists have died FROM that. Look up the body cam for an autist named Tony. Everyone was screaming when George Floyd was pinned down but NO ONE gives a **** if it's a ****ing autist. Sia deserves to have her ****ing career ruined. Movie was also a bit racist to Africans with the aids joke Kate made. Plus, she never added the ****ing disclaimer. Autistic people can dance as well.

she/her

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
6 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Seek help. Fast.

No wonder this fandom is terrible at stan wars. Aside from being negative about our fav and underestimating her, we never know how to weaponize narratives against other popstars.

Quartz
4 minutes ago, Meraki said:

She didn't even remove the two scenes where Music is ****ing pinned down. You're telling me there's nothing wrong with it? Look up how many autists have died FROM that. Look up the body cam for an autist named Tony. Everyone was screaming when George Floyd was pinned down but NO ONE gives a **** if it's a ****ing autist. Sia deserves to have her ****ing career ruined. Movie was also a bit racist to Africans with the aids joke Kate made. Plus, she never added the ****ing disclaimer. Autistic people can dance as well.

I just said I didn't watch it. You can present these facts without being hateful, you know. I guess I'll watch it just to judge for myself. Thanks, I guess.

PS - Are you autistic or know anyone who's autistic?

Inside, we are really made the same. šŸ•Š

Regina George
40 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This thread may help for you to understand why it is an issue

Ā 

I went to medical school and I was trained as pediatric nurse before university and I worked with MANY autistic children. It is spectrum. Some appear completely fine and some are obviously having some issues. I saw many autistic kids making those kinds of faces and behaving like that. I also have autistic child in my family and yes they do certain things that were represented in this movie. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that BUT some are and those are actual facts and there is nothing wrong with that. As for actress not beingĀ autistic - WorkingĀ with actual autistic children who are behaving in that way is EXTREMELY difficult. Thereā€™s no way you could manage to film that movie with an actual autistic child who behaves like that.Ā 

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

GRIMEZSZ
28 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Ā this fandom is terrible at stan wars.

Oh gosh how old are you?Ā :triggered:

Stan culture is disgusting, get a hobby sweetie.Ā 

Chromatican
16 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I went to medical school and I was trained as pediatric nurse before university and I worked with MANY autistic children. It is spectrum. Some appear completely fine and some are obviously having some issues. I saw many autistic kids making those kinds of faces and behaving like that. I also have autistic child in my family and yes they do certain things that were represented in this movie. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that BUT some are and those are actual facts and there is nothing wrong with that. As for actress not beingĀ autistic - WorkingĀ with actual autistic children who are behaving in that way is EXTREMELY difficult. Thereā€™s no way you could manage to film that movie with an actual autistic child who behaves like that.Ā 

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

Considering you say autism is a broad spectrum, why not include autistic actors who CAN film movies and portray autism of a different type?

ToxicHot
23 minutes ago, Regina George said:

THANK YOU.

Itā€™s honestly not that hard to comprehend. :fail:Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Chromatican
7 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Oh gosh how old are you?Ā :triggered:

Stan culture is disgusting, get a hobby sweetie.Ā 

Sorry, it's happening whether you like it or not, and I want Gaga to be seen in a good light in comparison to her contemporaries.

GRIMEZSZ
3 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Sorry, it's happening whether you like it or not, and I want Gaga to be seen in a good light in comparison to her contemporaries.

This is why Gaga hate us.

PinkJelly

I havenā€™t seen the movie to make an informed opinion, kinda scared to because my Grandad got diagnosed with autism in his late 50s so itā€™s quite close to home. That said I do really like the accompanying album.

Chromatican
8 minutes ago, Luciano said:

This is why Gaga hate us.

I'm one of Gaga's biggest defenders. Let's not.

Esteban
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone whoā€™s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual.Ā 

I worked with persons with severeĀ autism so when I read all these things about the movie I wanted to see if it was justified.
To be honest the movie is kinda bad, Maddie depicts a stereotypical characterĀ indeed, and the speech about autism is simple and dated imo BUT I met people who actĀ this way and doĀ this kind of faces, that's a reality soĀ I don't think the intentions were bad but it seems a bitĀ "amateurish" and clumsy. The way she juxtaposed flashy mindspace and reality was seen countless times and seems unispired too.
But I think maybe people see autism like in Atypical which is a great series, but there is various forms of autism and the one depicted in Music is much heavierĀ than the one repreented in Atypical.
So is Sia a bad movie maker? Yes. Does Maddie acts bad? Yes. Is it uninspired and clumsy? Definitly.
But should we cancel Sia? I don't think so... because if we should delete all the bad movies it won't remains a lot

RAMROD
43 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Ā 

That's on you though, but doesn't mean other people's criticism is not valid cos many of them are the ones who are autistic themselves and they felt offended by it.

Other than that, meanwhile I appreciate on you on being person who work in medic, I also hate the fact some of you, including yourself, feels that just because you are having this profession, you can use it as somekind of badge that you would use in a discussion so people don't debate you. I don't think that's cool or right at all. Especially since people who work in medic also have divided opinion on this subject.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Teletubby changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Archived