Jump to content

Watch THE Speech

celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards


Lady Ava Gaga Max

Featured Posts

Meraki
1 hour ago, Quartz said:

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

She didn't even remove the two scenes where Music is ****ing pinned down. You're telling me there's nothing wrong with it? Look up how many autists have died FROM that. Look up the body cam for an autist named Tony. Everyone was screaming when George Floyd was pinned down but NO ONE gives a **** if it's a ****ing autist. Sia deserves to have her ****ing career ruined. Movie was also a bit racist to Africans with the aids joke Kate made. Plus, she never added the ****ing disclaimer. Autistic people can dance as well.

Edited by Meraki
If you don't know my heart, you're never gonna break it.
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • kukuryku666

    19

  • Chromatican

    10

  • Quartz

    9

  • elijahfan

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

Chromatican
6 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Seek help. Fast.

No wonder this fandom is terrible at stan wars. Aside from being negative about our fav and underestimating her, we never know how to weaponize narratives against other popstars.

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quartz
4 minutes ago, Meraki said:

She didn't even remove the two scenes where Music is ****ing pinned down. You're telling me there's nothing wrong with it? Look up how many autists have died FROM that. Look up the body cam for an autist named Tony. Everyone was screaming when George Floyd was pinned down but NO ONE gives a **** if it's a ****ing autist. Sia deserves to have her ****ing career ruined. Movie was also a bit racist to Africans with the aids joke Kate made. Plus, she never added the ****ing disclaimer. Autistic people can dance as well.

I just said I didn't watch it. You can present these facts without being hateful, you know. I guess I'll watch it just to judge for myself. Thanks, I guess.

PS - Are you autistic or know anyone who's autistic?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
40 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

 

 

 

This thread may help for you to understand why it is an issue

 

I went to medical school and I was trained as pediatric nurse before university and I worked with MANY autistic children. It is spectrum. Some appear completely fine and some are obviously having some issues. I saw many autistic kids making those kinds of faces and behaving like that. I also have autistic child in my family and yes they do certain things that were represented in this movie. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that BUT some are and those are actual facts and there is nothing wrong with that. As for actress not being autistic - Working with actual autistic children who are behaving in that way is EXTREMELY difficult. There’s no way you could manage to film that movie with an actual autistic child who behaves like that. 

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

Edited by Regina George
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
kukuryku666
1 hour ago, Quartz said:

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

If you don't know if it was harmful or not, why do you feel bad for her already? Yes it was.

1 hour ago, Wolf Boy said:

What a pointless drama. It’s like she murdered a baby. 

She promoted things that can kill autistic people, is it enough for you to be angry, or not yet?

1 hour ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

No way, you have someone autistic in your family? You must be an expert on the subject then!

*no this comment is not meant to be rude, no i'm not angry. just autistic with no social skills, thanks for understanding :)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ms Petty
28 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

 this fandom is terrible at stan wars.

Oh gosh how old are you? :triggered:

Stan culture is disgusting, get a hobby sweetie. 

Edited by Luciano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
kukuryku666

Not only there's no autistic actors

Music isn't even a main character, she's just a thing to help her sister's story make sense and make her this stereotypical hero character

It was made with Autism Speaks, a hate group

Full of loud and bright scenes with quick cuts, horrible for autistic people

But it promotes restraining autistic people who are having a breakdown

And this can literally kill us

**** this film, boycott this film, cancel and remove it.

+there is some cultural appropriation as a cherry on top

Edited by kukuryku666
*no this comment is not meant to be rude, no i'm not angry. just autistic with no social skills, thanks for understanding :)
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
16 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I went to medical school and I was trained as pediatric nurse before university and I worked with MANY autistic children. It is spectrum. Some appear completely fine and some are obviously having some issues. I saw many autistic kids making those kinds of faces and behaving like that. I also have autistic child in my family and yes they do certain things that were represented in this movie. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that BUT some are and those are actual facts and there is nothing wrong with that. As for actress not being autistic - Working with actual autistic children who are behaving in that way is EXTREMELY difficult. There’s no way you could manage to film that movie with an actual autistic child who behaves like that. 

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

Considering you say autism is a broad spectrum, why not include autistic actors who CAN film movies and portray autism of a different type?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
ToxicHot
23 minutes ago, Regina George said:

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

THANK YOU.

It’s honestly not that hard to comprehend. :fail: 

Edited by ToxicHot
Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
7 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Oh gosh how old are you? :triggered:

Stan culture is disgusting, get a hobby sweetie. 

Sorry, it's happening whether you like it or not, and I want Gaga to be seen in a good light in comparison to her contemporaries.

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ms Petty
3 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Sorry, it's happening whether you like it or not, and I want Gaga to be seen in a good light in comparison to her contemporaries.

This is why Gaga hate us.

  • Like 4
  • LMAO 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PinkJelly

I haven’t seen the movie to make an informed opinion, kinda scared to because my Grandad got diagnosed with autism in his late 50s so it’s quite close to home. That said I do really like the accompanying album.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
8 minutes ago, Luciano said:

This is why Gaga hate us.

I'm one of Gaga's biggest defenders. Let's not.

  • LMAO 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Esteban
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

I worked with persons with severe autism so when I read all these things about the movie I wanted to see if it was justified.
To be honest the movie is kinda bad, Maddie depicts a stereotypical character indeed, and the speech about autism is simple and dated imo BUT I met people who act this way and do this kind of faces, that's a reality so I don't think the intentions were bad but it seems a bit "amateurish" and clumsy. The way she juxtaposed flashy mindspace and reality was seen countless times and seems unispired too.
But I think maybe people see autism like in Atypical which is a great series, but there is various forms of autism and the one depicted in Music is much heavier than the one repreented in Atypical.
So is Sia a bad movie maker? Yes. Does Maddie acts bad? Yes. Is it uninspired and clumsy? Definitly.
But should we cancel Sia? I don't think so... because if we should delete all the bad movies it won't remains a lot

Edited by Esteban
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
43 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I went to medical school and I was trained as pediatric nurse before university and I worked with MANY autistic children. It is spectrum. Some appear completely fine and some are obviously having some issues. I saw many autistic kids making those kinds of faces and behaving like that. I also have autistic child in my family and yes they do certain things that were represented in this movie. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that BUT some are and those are actual facts and there is nothing wrong with that. As for actress not being autistic - Working with actual autistic children who are behaving in that way is EXTREMELY difficult. There’s no way you could manage to film that movie with an actual autistic child who behaves like that. 

This movie is not mocking anyone, it is representing difficult kind of autism that actually exists. No one is saying all autistic people behave like that or do those things.

 

That's on you though, but doesn't mean other people's criticism is not valid cos many of them are the ones who are autistic themselves and they felt offended by it.

Other than that, meanwhile I appreciate on you on being person who work in medic, I also hate the fact some of you, including yourself, feels that just because you are having this profession, you can use it as somekind of badge that you would use in a discussion so people don't debate you. I don't think that's cool or right at all. Especially since people who work in medic also have divided opinion on this subject.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lady Ava Gaga Max changed the title to 122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...