politics

Biden: $15 min wage not happening under COVID relief bill

Morphine Prince

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 20

Quartz

15 USD per hour in my country is MASSIVE. like for the richest people. It's crazy how money works when taken outside the borders.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 5

Morphine Prince

I had absolutely no faith in Biden and knew he’d only do the bare minimum but I have to say I didn’t expect him to give up on everything a month in :lmao: 

• Like 28
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Snorlax

First the student loan debt, now this :selena:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

imnotyourbabe10

Where is Marx when you need him? :messga: Gotta love how late stage capitalism has held hostage humanity and any humane treatment of sentient beings within its system.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 7

Kimmo

So everything he promised isn’t happening then :triggered:

Tragic.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Morphine Prince

I cannot believe this has to be said but: If you can’t pay your employees a livable wage your business does not deserve to exist 

People work to LIVE. If your business isn’t enough for a full time employee to be able to at least pay rent and buy basic necessities, you are participating in cruel exploitation. 

• Like 24
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 14

MACATL

Misleading headline in order to get clicks.  It’s unlikely to happen...as party of the Covid relief Bill.  Doesn’t mean it won’t happen.  

• Like 11
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 6

AJRocketMan
9 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Where is Marx when you need him? :messga: Gotta love how late stage capitalism has held hostage humanity and any humane treatment of sentient beings within its system.

Marx was not a good person and his theories have never worked, they’ve only lead to human rights abuses, food shortages, and authoritarianism. John Maynard Keynes is a much better role model whose ideas actually worked in practice.

We need a mixture of the Nordic and the East Asian economic models and to empower labor unions.

I agree that American capitalism is inhumane and exploitative, but realize that it’s not like this in the rest of the developed world.

Edited by AJRocketMan
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

River

Fake news headline:neyde:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2

Economy
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I cannot believe this has to be said but: If you can’t pay your employees a livable wage your business does not deserve to exist 

People work to LIVE. If your business isn’t enough for a full time employee to be able to at least pay rent and buy basic necessities, you are participating in cruel exploitation. 

This. As i said before in the past, the "zombie" companies as they are called hold back the economy tbh

If ur business is so unprofitable it cant survive without paying super low wages then its a drag on the economy because its using up labor that could be better used elsewhere and then that person payed better too

U dont want to create jobs for the sake of creating jobs. Unemployment rate alone doesnt determine how prosperous an econony is. If unempmoyment is only 2% but its all in low paying jobs from uncompetitive businesses then the economy is still sh*t

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Rio

Sad to see that Trump actually delivered on a lot of his promises from the get-go, no matter how the legislative bill short-changed the rights of people or how **** they were morally. He got done what he said to do

Edited by Rio
  • LMAO 7
  • Shook 1

Chromatography

i can’t believe people are shocked. biden wasn’t going to actually improve anything and it was funny watching people cry about how america is saved. it’s not. as long as capitalism exists, the US will always buckle to unlivable wages, exploitation, and division. 

• Like 16
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 3

weed

He's wrong, it will happen 

• Like 1