• Last Reply
Debithius
4 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

You word it better than me :selena:

The analogy :air:

People are ****ing idiotas :laughga:

Debithius
3 hours ago, Peroxide555 said:

I've responded multiple times and the conclusion is... nobody should be stealing from Britney's money (particularly her own father), but it's perfectly acceptable to point out that $60million is still a fortune... phrasing this as "shockingly low" feels like poor taste - at least to me.

Shockingly low in comparison to other legends, it isn't that hard to understand :saladga:

gypsy101
5 hours ago, Peroxide555 said:

I'm big on #freebritney, and I know that her father is a horrible man... but "Britney's net worth is shockingly low" as a thread title, like really?

I take issue with the amount of money celebrities make in general so this issue isn't so much about Britney as it is the general mass of wealth these people accumulate in their lifetimes. $60million (no matter how you look at it) is an obscene fortune... but still, her dad shouldn't be stealing from her.

All that said... #freebritney

for a woman who has been one of the biggest stars in the world for 23 years i agree with OP that it’s surprising she’s not worth much more than 60 million dollars considering she’s released 9 albums and gone on many tours and had that years-long residency. pretty sure Gaga is worth like 300 million dollars despite entering the biz ten years after Brit. yeah she’s rich obviously but i would assume she’d be worth a lot more considering all the hard work she’s done over her career.

Money talks - I wouldn’t be surprised if her father was bribing his way out of all the legal battles. Because this whole situation keeps getting worse and worse. 

Justin Drew Bieber
5 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

people please don't be dumb! 

if you earned let's say 1000 dollars and you get robbed in the streets and they let you with 60 dollars

Hey it's not that bad right? You are getting paid again next week/month at least you still have enough to take a taxi home

This is how you would feel? NOOO you would get mad at the miserable rat that just stole your money! 

Thank you sis :applause:

gypsy101
3 hours ago, Chic said:

Her comeback, when it does happen, is going to supplement her fine. People are going to want to support the freed Britney.

we can’t bank on her having one lol we aren’t psychic

Helxig
19 hours ago, Peroxide555 said:

... she's still very rich.

That's not the point. The point is that hundreds of millions of dollars have been stolen from her by corrupt people and a corrupt justice system that has failed to an insane degree

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

12 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

Only 60 million, how isn’t she homeless?

Literally missing the entire point. This is like having a diamond and saying it's worth $1 despite us knowing the value of sale is much higher. With the sheer amount of work she has done and what her pay has been a MASSIVE amount of money is unaccounted for. A huge point of the conservatorship is supposed to protect her money because they dont deem her fit to. So when such a shockingly large amount of money is missing from her net worth it raises huge red flags of corruption and and potential theft from those in charge of her money - aka her father. This conservatorship seems to have just resulted in Britney being a piggy bank to the tune of multimillions for her father while she has no rights to do anything herself.

Guys please. Nobody says 60 mil is low, but with everything britney has achieved, the milestones, the sold out tours, the albums sold, this is indeed not representative. It's like saying that somebody is getting paid half the salary of their coworkers. Yes they will be getting paid but it's not the point.

Genuine Guy 09

My advice to her would be to do a beauty or fashion line (if she can do it without Jamie).

Rihanna had a really low net worth because she didn't have any involvement on her mega hits, and her beauty line completely changed all of that

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Versace

Not the gays here thinking this is about her still being rich. Imagine working your ass off and in return someone else benefits from all your hard work. She earned that money and she is entitled to it not some leech sucking scums. One of the worst feelings is when someone takes the credit of your hard work, be it money or something else.

Peroxide555
6 hours ago, Helxig said:

That's not the point. The point is that hundreds of millions of dollars have been stolen from her by corrupt people and a corrupt justice system that has failed to an insane degree

I'm not justifying Britney's father stealing from her, but I don't like the assertion that Britney has a "shockingly low" net-worth there are ER nurses out there that can't feed their families... this ain't about Britney, it's about how we contextualise wealth.

But yes, Britney deserves justice and her the whole situation surrounding her is very corrupt.

Archived