Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Just wanted to tell y'all that the Swastika is an auspicious symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, which was stolen by the Nazis.

By no means I'm comparing Rihanna to Nazis, but religious iconography and symbols are still a sensitive topic for Indians, as a sacred symbol that represents goodwill ended up becoming a symbol of hatred in the western hemisphere.

Otherwise Indians are pretty chill if you use their culture respectfully.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANTI WP
25 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

To those of you who are not French, please stop eating baguettes, drink wine, eat cheese and wearing berets. It's a cultural appropriation

Please you guys (along with british, spanish and italians ) literally enslaved us ( indians ) and forced us to eat, wear and talk like you .... so don't be surprised... is it too much to ask for a respect ? 

Edit: I'm not mad at you ... don't take it personal :runhug: 

MANiCURE 6
11 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Please you guys (along with british, spanish and italians ) literally enslaved us ( indians ) and forced us to eat, wear and talk like you .... so don't be surprised... is it too much to ask for a respect ? 

It was like centuries ago. It has been done in a really different context / world than today. 

I'm not a slaver and you're not a slave.

Slavery still exists in India today tho... So this is the real problem that should be addressed. Not Rihanna wearing a necklace. 

I'm not mad at you personally neither ^^

29 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

To those of you who are not French, please stop eating baguettes, drink wine, eat cheese and wearing berets. It's a cultural appropriation.

Reveal hidden contents

:flop:

This is ridiculous. Twitters clowns are at it again.

Well this is about a religious symbol...your point doesn't really make sense when there are people around the world eating food from many different cultures and no one really has a problem with that.

ANTI WP
3 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

It was like centuries ago. It has been done in a really different context / world than today. 

I'm not a slaver and you're not a slave.

Its not a centuries !!!! its just 73 years ago 

you cannot blame us for using some of the French products because you guys were the first one forced us to use it...

i don't know how can i explain to you without hurting your intensions.

i'm not blaming you for what your ancestor did to us .. okay ?. but you cannot erase the history by sayings " it was centuries ago"... its very rude.

6 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

It was like centuries ago. 

Centuries ago ?

India got independence from its European colonies in the year 1947.

MANiCURE 6
5 minutes ago, Vojta said:

Well this is about a religious symbol...your point doesn't really make sense when there are people around the world eating food from many different cultures and no one really has a problem with that.

I know it was ironic ^^

Just now, pikapika said:

Centuries ago ?

India got independence from its European colonies in the year 1947.

Well it still was a very different world that today.

ANTI WP
8 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Slavery still exists in India today tho... So this is the real problem that should be addressed. Not Rihanna wearing a necklace. 

You have NO SAY ON THAT !!! causing you are not getting our point and you won't get it.

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, ANTI WP said:

The double standards here :yennefer: 

Can i expect the same response from you guys  if an asian/indian celeb disrespect Black culture ? ( It's a genuine question .. i'm not mad at you guess cause indian culture is very complex for foreigners to understand )

Maybe she loves Indian culture. Will Smith has like a bunch of posts on how much he loves Indian culture on his Facebook. Social Media is just snap shots into people's lives. They shouldn't have to explain everything. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ANTI WP
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I know it was ironic ^^

Well it still was a very different world that today.

So ? our culture hasn't changed and we aren't going to change that!! sorry dude 

MessyTop

Guys if you are offended , please don’t ever watch any old Madonna videos! LOL! even Gaga plays with religious symbolisms

I do think people have way to much time on their hands. 
People in Texas have been without power for 59 hours but this picture is trending on Twitter? Really. 

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

You have NO SAY ON THAT !!! causing you are not getting our point and you won't get it.

We get that  you are offended by the picture. I’m sorry. But it’s ok for people to point out bigger problems to put it in perspective. 

ANTI WP
Just now, MessyTop said:

We get that  you are offended by the picture. I’m sorry. But it’s ok for people to point out bigger problems to put it in perspective. 

I'm just responding to the people who left comments in this thread

i didn't tagged you or personally sent you an invite for to support us and our problems 

you can go and fight for the BIGGER PROBLEM which you are talking about.

MANiCURE 6
11 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Its not a centuries !!!! its just 73 years ago 

you cannot blame us for using some of the French products because you guys were the first one forced us to use it...

i don't know how can i explain to you without hurting your intensions.

i'm not blaming you for what your ancestor did to us .. okay ?. but you cannot erase the history by sayings " it was centuries ago"... its very rude.

I know but I think you took my comment too seriously.

I was just being ironic because, for me, and that's personal, I find accusations of cultural appropriation laughable and ridiculous.

And I'm not erasing history of course. But I feel like a lot of people still live in the past and blaming who they want for what our ancestors did. Like, we are not responsible for them, we don't even know them. And there are already too much real issues in our today world to start bringing back history.

I don't know if you get my point but here it is.. Anyway ! ^^

If you're offended by Rihanna wearing an Indian necklace, it's sad. I hope you weren't offended by Gaga referring to Armenian culture in 911 MV or her literally making a song about wearing Burqa on ARTPOP.

I would feel proud if someone was showing love for my culture.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived