Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation after she posted a topless picture of herself on Instagram while wearing a necklace of Hindu god Lord Ganesha. 

One of the users wrote: "Can we stop sexualizing people's religion for clout," "I just don't understand the purpose of having a necklace with lord Ganesh as part of a lingerie campaign."
Another users wrote: "Our culture is not your costume." "How is this okay when a person has more than enough resources to at least find out the meaning and significance of the chains and pendant around their neck?"

source source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTS fans are the first to cry about cultural appropriation when one of their boys literally wore a Native American headpiece for W magazine lol

I see many people wearing Fatma hand necklaces, nobody says anything about that or henna. I remember when I had henna white ppl making fun of me, now they do tattoos in the same style, same with fatma hand that now people wear but imnot sure they know what it means. Let people live it's not that big of a deal

Chromatislaps

I get that appropriation is a fickle point, but people are getting offended by everything these days :awkney: It would be better to inform Rih with why its appropriation instead of people just saying how it's not a good look or something. Im sure she isn't aware people are not okay with this. to attack her or cancel her like people like to do on twitter, is not the tea.

Togekiss

It’s kind of like when people wear a rosary as jewelry.

I think that accusations of cultural appropriation can get out of hand easily these days but it is low key disrespectful. Imagine a non Jewish person wearing a yarmulke just cause it’s a cute little hat. Cringe.

bring on that pecan pie

The disaster Twitter would cause if Gaga released half of her discography today :toofunny: The backlash for stuff like Americano, or people saying “she's blatantly mocking Germany” because of the gibberish words in Scheiße 

gumzy3000

I think it has more to do with the fact this is a religious figure for Hindus. It's not just a cultural object but a sacrilegious one. Maybe Rihanna should listen to the people complaining about this. I do think its disrespectful for her to wear it like this. 

trolly troll troll

AJRocketMan
11 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

It’s kind of like when people wear a rosary as jewelry.

I think that accusations of cultural appropriation can get out of hand easily these days but it is low key disrespectful. Imagine a non Jewish person wearing a yarmulke just cause it’s a cute little hat. Cringe.

I think they’re cute. I would totally do that!

ANTI WP
36 minutes ago, DanielM said:

People need to get a job! Stay away from the Internet, please. 

46 minutes ago, Chromatislaps said:

people are getting offended by everything these days :awkney:

The double standards here :yennefer: 

Can i expect the same response from you guys  if an asian/indian celeb disrespect Black culture ? ( It's a genuine question .. i'm not mad at you guess cause indian culture is very complex for foreigners to understand )

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived