đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Really? Religious people are so sensitive...:smh:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dzox said:

Well judging from the response of this thread seems like people are right that LMs are filled with racist white gays

I'll admit, I am surprised by the reaction from this thread too.

But you're generalizing by labelling LMs racist and playing into cancel culture, and that's what leads people into siding against your view.

It's this absolutist and name-calling attitude on both sides of the 'freedom of expression and anti-PC vs. safe spaces and pro-PC' argument that is creating a toxic environment. 

Note, I do think that others on the opposite side of this argument should be respectful of others views too and not generalize with 'the crazy left/snowflake' comments. This really isn't a clear issue as equally important values like freedom of expression and mutual respect are conflicting. 

This is iffy because culture often intertwines with religion, and I do think cultural appropriation is something to be careful about, but religions don't deserve an ounce of respect or consideration, so idk.

If it's a white person appropriating stuff from a culture which happens to be religious, then I can see the outrage.

Here I think it's some bullshit about people expecting non-believers to respect their religious symbols... and **** that.

Very few religions are peaceful and worthy of respect (Buddhism afaik and Native spritiuality are).

PartySick
7 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

The disaster Twitter would cause if Gaga released half of her discography today :toofunny: The backlash for stuff like Americano, or people saying “she's blatantly mocking Germany” because of the gibberish words in Scheiße 

She did get in trouble for using "cholo/a" in BTW :rip:

đź–¤

AJRocketMan

So Ganesha symbolizes wisdom and success. The necklace is worn when one is starting a new business venture or something. Seems pretty relevant to me. :shrug:

I live in a religious country and I really don't care about religious people being offended. My life is so much worse because of their influence. I don't care. Go be offended in your privacy.

Clarence

Yo. Yall are so annoying with this topic. Especially kpop stans. Y’all don’t know the difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. Don’t chall come and try and start a Reddit debate with me cuz the power about to go out anyway lol.

Linus Gaga
3 hours ago, dzox said:

Well judging from the response of this thread seems like people are right that LMs are filled with racist white gays

Some people here might have been living in a small world that cannot accept or understand someone else culture :billie: cuz the west is the whole world ,they think. 

I do think cultural appropriation sometimes go too far when people canceling others for hair styles , because lots of different cultural may have created similar kind of hairstyle. However, religious and gods are different. Not everyone believes in them, but at least pay respect. Is like you don't go in a temple and laugh at the statues. If other have their culture and beliefs, just try to understand instead of being a frog in the well laughing at people who have religion.  When u say "this is 2021" "get a job" , i mean you are the one need to educate yourself and try to accept other cultures.

Hit me a message and say hi !

JusKeepBreathin

Gaga literally wore a meat dress. Aren't cows sacred somewhere?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived