đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation

Teletubby

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

The double standards here :yennefer: 

Can i expect the same response from you guys  if an asian/indian celeb disrespect Black culture ? ( It's a genuine question .. i'm not mad at you guess cause indian culture is very complex for foreigners to understand )

not sure why you're quoting me when I'm referencing Rihanna culturally appropriating in the past?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANTI WP
1 minute ago, weed said:

not sure why you're quoting me when I'm referencing Rihanna culturally appropriating in the past?

i'm so sorry 

i got so emotional :fatcat: i'll edit that 

Just now, ANTI WP said:

i'm so sorry 

i got so emotional :fatcat:

100% mama defend what you feel passionate about! I just don't wanna be grouped in lmao

bionic

If we were happy to drag Beyoncé for it we should be happy to drag BadGalRiRi for it

buy bionic

Debithius

Or or OR! She might know exactly what the history and value of their gods and religion are and therefore she is wearing it because...she is partaking in the religion.

Sneaky Oliver

Is it that different than wearing a cross? It's not being 'refered' as a religious figure, just because it looks good

I’m on my Legacy Act era

GGD hypocrite as usual, what a surprise lol:smh:

Then they are like KiNdNeSs PuNk, mama saved me, mama taught me to be to be kind :sharon:

This thread looks like a Trump supporters meeting omg:lmao:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Sneaky Oliver
22 minutes ago, bionic said:

If we were happy to drag Beyoncé for it we should be happy to drag BadGalRiRi for it

...or we should just stop dragging people over stupid things :flop:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

bionic
10 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

...or we should just stop dragging people over stupid things :flop:

Cultural appropriation isn't a stupid thing

buy bionic

MonsterofFame

I'm usually one to roll my eyes at accusations of cultural appropriation, but this is a clear example of it. Using a sacred symbol as a fashion accessory in a sexual image is insulting to what the symbol and its culture stands for. It also minimizes the significance of it.

HausOfAntonio

I think people might be a bit confused with the term cultural appropriation :laughga:

It involves profiting or self promotion on top of a marginalised culture. I don’t see Rihanna doing either of these things. 

It can be a case of cultural insensitivity, but appropriation involves different mechanics imo. 

MANiCURE 6

To those of you who are not French, please stop eating baguettes, drink wine, eat cheese and wearing berets. It's a cultural appropriation.

Spoiler

:flop:

This is ridiculous. Twitters clowns are at it again.

Sneaky Oliver
18 minutes ago, bionic said:

Cultural appropriation isn't a stupid thing

No it's not but I don't think this is a case of actual cultural appropriation. She's just using a symbol for the sake of it, just like the Ohm symbol, YinYang, Hamsa, the Cross, the greek evil eye and so many more which usually appear in fashion but they're not related to anything but iconography

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived