other

Black actress as queen of England

Kapi09

Featured Posts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

Yea and We will be watching. White people been playing BIPOC roles by painting their skin brown since the dawn of time. You’re going to be fine 

vyniildisk

Bold movement from the director, i love Anne Boleyn's life, it was intense and she was a real bad bitxh

i can't wait! 

RadioIsOurs

When you want diversity but you don't want to have bipoc writers to write about their own experiences and stories this is what you get lol :yennefer:

3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Yea and We will be watching. White people been playing BIPOC roles by painting their skin brown since the dawn of time. You’re going to be fine 

What does both have to do with the other? The fact that someone long ago made stupid and racist things means we have to repeat them, this time polarizing? 

NFRatwell

The director is a white woman :bear: I just don’t get it because there are plenty of real black stories that go without media representation. Making white historical figures black doesn’t give you real historical representation. Same thing with the Cleopatra movies and representation. 

vyniildisk
19 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

The director is a white woman :bear: I just don’t get it because there are plenty of real black stories that go without media representation. Making white historical figures black doesn’t give you real historical representation. Same thing with the Cleopatra movies and representation. 

but i'm telling you, Anne Boleyn was a fierce ass kween that played her cards wrong in the end, she was ahead of her time and she gave birth to one of the most important women in history that changed the curse of the entire world (Queen Elizabeth the 1st) 

I loved how Natalie Portman portrayed her

So if i get a another movie about her, i'm not complaining 

i'm perchedt and it looks like its already done so it should come very soon! this is gunna b good

Teletubby

No one would talk about this TV series. This actress is just used for controversy. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

FATCAT

It's a movie, not a documentary. It's not meant to be a historical record, it's an artistic interpretation of the era. 

I think people are far too stiff with things like this. If the director wants to cast a POC, it's their art, let them. 

Purr more, hiss less.

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

No one would talk about this TV series. This actress is just used for controversy. 

is it a tv series? :triggered: i thought this was a major high budget historic film, im outta here, bye

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Gabi001 said:

I love history, but I hate to see it rewritten. Even if it is for the good purpose. 

History isn't being re-written. 

Purr more, hiss less.

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

is it a tv series? :triggered: i thought this was a major high budget historic film, im outta here, bye

TV series on Channel 5 (British TV channel)

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived