Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

BTWF's Impact Report proves monsters wrong

Jill

Featured Posts

beaublue
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Just say you are a racist and leave it at that

We really need to move away from this sh*t. I disagree with @Rio about the “white lady hair” or whatever but simply stamping rAcIsT on someone & shutting down the convo helps no one. You’re the one who brought it up so have the damn discussion. The fact that you’re even commenting on a thread about a foundation that works on KINDNESS, COMPASSION & UNDERSTANDING by doing the complete opposite is the definition of ironic. If we can listen & understand where people are coming from then we can engage in meaningful conversation & hopefully be better for it ❤️

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619

It was literally yesterday where someone made a thread about people being nasty and calling people things such as racist and how people would look at one thing someone has said to help their argument and ignore the rest, and that’s all happened in this one thread alone :air: Jesus, how did a topic about the BTWF end up about bloody blonde hair :air: 

OT: on another note, I wonder how much money the BTWF gets from the GP, or whether is actually well known. Cancer or animal charities are obviously at the top of the list, just curious as to whether the funding for BTWF has significant help from the public or whether it’s funded by big companies or whatever :oprah:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

ALGAYDO
27 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

We really need to move away from this sh*t. I disagree with @Rio about the “white lady hair” or whatever but simply stamping rAcIsT on someone & shutting down the convo helps no one. You’re the one who brought it up so have the damn discussion. The fact that you’re even commenting on a thread about a foundation that works on KINDNESS, COMPASSION & UNDERSTANDING by doing the complete opposite is the definition of ironic. If we can listen & understand where people are coming from then we can engage in meaningful conversation & hopefully be better for it ❤️

I agree with this, but in @Runway’s defense,

@Rio was quoted and told why his remarks were racist in the initial thread, yet he disregarded everything and went about his way without even acknowledging what he said was problematic lol 

but anyway, OT: wbk that the BTWF was doing good in this world, I purchased their “book” the other day and I’m excited to go through it soon 

45 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

on another note, I wonder how much money the BTWF gets from the GP, or whether is actually well known. Cancer or animal charities are obviously at the top of the list, just curious as to whether the funding for BTWF has significant help from the public or whether it’s funded by big companies or whatever :oprah:

They received wuite a lot of mainstream awards:

Children Mending Hearts award for CG + Born This Way Foundation
National Council for Behavioral Health's Change Champion Award
Anti-Defamation League's “No Place for Hate” award for Born This Way Foundation
NewNowNext Awards Most Innovative Charity for Born This Way Foundation
President's Medal of Excellence for Cynthia Germanotta
Family Online Safety Institute's award for Cynthia Germanotta
2013 National Association of School Psychologists Special Friend of Children Award
Women Builder Council - Change Agent Award for Cynthia Germanotta

and had a revenue of almost $1 million in 2015 (source)

They aren't the biggest of non-profits but they're doing extremely well

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

$1 of every Haus Labs product goes straight to BTWF so many people have donated without knowing it!

Its Cynthia's project, Gaga is co-founder. I cant see why Gaga posting and talking about her mothers foundation would in any way be annoying to them but hey ho. They do a lot of great work clearly, proud of her!

LilyLark

Yeah, BTWF does a lot of great work. I remember when they gave grants to a ton of schools in Nevada to establish  mental health programs—and they must have been pretty large because one of the teachers said it was enough to create a permanent program. Never understood why monsters didn't hype that sort of sh*t up....

I think part of the issue was when BTWF was first established they didn't do that much the first year (emphasis on first) & much of their expenses was spent on advertising. Some tabloid picked up on that, and monsters/anti-stans ran with it to act like it was a charity for taxes or some sh*t. However, that's not uncommon for a charity to basically not get off the ground during the first year...especially if they don't have someone super experienced running the ship. The worst thing you could say is that perhaps Gaga should have had more experienced people involved right off the bat.  After the first year, though, the foundation started doing a lot of good and giving a ton of grants.

Anyway, I agree that it bugs me when stans act like it's just for taxes...you can see how many organizations have honored Cynthia, how many reputable charities have partnered with the foundation, and even find local news stories about the work the foundation has done (such as in Nevada).

PartySick
On 2/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, Medusa said:

$1 of every Haus Labs product goes straight to BTWF so many people have donated without knowing it!

I didn't know this :bradley:

Let me go buy some Haus Labs for gifts 

đź–¤

Archived