💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

BTWF's Impact Report proves monsters wrong

Jill

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Rio said:

Racist yet I come from a North African family and have black friends who have agreed with me on the point in the past.

Sorry but this is The Defense™ and it doesn't sound good :rip: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rio said:

Their work seems very awareness-based, campaign-based and conference-based. It's all about education, but there isn't many community workshops or whatever going on. There's not a lot of hands-on work going on, and how much impact do local campaigns and online pledges really have, in the real world. Yeah, they did that during a pandemic, but that's not the point.
I'm just trying to be realistic. I'm definitely not hating on it, I've donated to them a few times and opened birthday fundraisers on Facebook a few times in the past, but I do wonder whether my money might be more effective elsewhere.

I follow Maya and she often posts about donating books/food etc to schools/small businesses/care facilities. They've also been involved in donating money towards buying shoes for a charity in San Francisco. Maya recently did a conference call with Chelsea Clinton and other orgs that I watched.  

4 minutes ago, Rio said:

I can question all I like baby, this is a free platform. 

All I was calling out was the double-standards in society, especially in the beauty industry, and I champion the thought that people should be embracing each other's culture, not attacking one or the other for what they wear on their head. How was that so bad? Is my little sister a cultural appropriator when she got cornrow braids two years ago? That would be a shame.

Blonde hair is not white people culture lmaoo 

3 minutes ago, Rio said:

have black friends

That’s just :messga:

ANYWAY. They’ve been doing the great work and that’s cool. I still do remember this guardian piece though https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/14/lady-gaga-denies-born-this-way-foundation-funds which was... idk

HausOfAntonio

How quickly this thread became a mess when it should’ve just been a positive reminder of Gaga’s impact :ladyhaha:

24 minutes ago, Runway said:

That is "racist 101" :lmao:

It really isn't hun. Maybe educate me instead of brand me a racist straightaway, like, literally don't start haha, I went to every local BLM protest last year, masked and was an advocate  on social media even after the hype died down. You don't know me - I wasn't overtly racist or discriminatory. Go talk to a Republican.
Thing is with y'all you jumped on me, over something so tiny and pretty non-racist. Educate me, provide your own perspective and promote a healthy debate instead of attack, attack, attack.

3 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

How quickly this thread became a mess when it should’ve just been a positive reminder of Gaga’s impact :ladyhaha:

Literally not my fault if I'm honest. A massive shame.

27 minutes ago, Jill said:

Sorry but this is The Defense™ and it doesn't sound good :rip: 

It's not a defense. I am not ****ing racist 😂 I literally am not. There is worse on this website, rest assured. 

you're all bullies tbh, I'm out. This is all a bit too much. I'm not even gonna defend myself anymore

The BTWF is a pretty small charity, and a lot of what they seem to do it support other foundations and projects. Gaga has the name recognition to be able to raise money, and then pass that forward to groups that would probably struggle to raise that much money on their own. A great example is the recent Lamborghini fundraiser. BTWF raised $300K and shared that with three other non-profit groups. 

I know they do actually organize some project themselves, like the mental-health stuff she was doing with Las Vegas schools as well. It's definitely not "tax-scam", and it's rude of people to say so. 

You guys are a mess :toofunny: a very embarrassing one, but I still love all of you:hor:

OT: To be honest, in 2012, I didn’t expect the BTWF to last this long. I'm amazed.

(I expected LM.com to take off instead:trollga:

ANTI WP
4 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

You guys are a mess :toofunny: a very embarrassing one, but I still love all of you:hor:

Lemme report you to my nanny @CyanLights for cheating 

1 hour ago, SlipAway said:

ANYWAY. They’ve been doing the great work and that’s cool. I still do remember this guardian piece though https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/14/lady-gaga-denies-born-this-way-foundation-funds which was... idk

This was absolutely false and Cynthia refuted it. If you'd bother reading it I don't see why you'd repost it because it's BS. 

2 minutes ago, Beatboom said:

This was absolutely false and Cynthia refuted it. If you'd bother reading it I don't see why you'd repost it because it's BS. 

I’m not saying they were true and that’s not what I’d posted it. 

But go nuts I guess <3

14 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Lemme report you to my nanny @CyanLights for cheating 

Noooooo I wasn't cheating on you, just thinking of many people at the same time:bradley:

36 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

I’m not saying they were true and that’s not what I’d posted it. 

But go nuts I guess <3

Why'd you post it then 

Archived