💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How would you feel about Gaga doing MTV Unplugged?

Bebe

Featured Posts

Would be really cool if she could tone it down juuuust a tad lol. Even if she couldn’t I’m down

The last time I heard her live on the record was the Angel Down work tape and that had an iPhone alarm on the background and I’m still wheezing to these days :messga:

Guest ARTPOPSlays
11 hours ago, SlipAway said:

Would be really cool if she could tone it down juuuust a tad lol. Even if she couldn’t I’m down

The last time I heard her live on the record was the Angel Down work tape and that had an iPhone alarm on the background and I’m still wheezing to these days :messga:

Wait whattttttt what part of the song is it at ?:ladyhaha:

3 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

Wait whattttttt what part of the song is it at ?:ladyhaha:

I got them mixed up, it was actually the million reasons one

2:30 :deadbanana:

Guest ARTPOPSlays
14 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

I got them mixed up, it was actually the million reasons one

2:30 :deadbanana:

Omg I haven’t heard that In so long that was ****ing beautiful 

mans omgggg I heard the iPhone 😂😂😂

15 hours ago, Bebe said:

For those that are unfamiliar with MTV Unplugged it's a show in which musical acts perform with, generally, only acoustic instruments. It's a pretty iconic show, some artists release the recordings of the show as an album resulting in #1 singles, #1 albums and Grammy Awards.

It's credited with reviving Tony Bennett's career in the 90's, resulted in an iconic Lauryn Hill album, Nirvana's contained one of Kurt's last televised appearances and resulted in what is now considered on of the greatest albums of all time. 

In the digital age, I don't think it would necessarily have the same impact commercially, but I do think it would make a nice notch under Gaga's belt and could result in a cool acoustic album as a little "side project". Some of the performances could go on Youtube too.

Miley Cyrus recently did this and it was beautifully shot and recorded:

I think it would be great if she joined up with Brian Newman, did a Jazz reinterpretation of some of her hits (which has worked well for her previously) and thrown in some standards too. It could even work nicely as her first solo "jazz" album.

Seems like she's been playing piano long enough that it's an extension of her voice. I think she already has, with her jazz show, done unplugged versions of her songs. Wouldn't it depend on if mtv can pay enough to make it worthwhile. It always surprises me that they still have anyone at mtv that gives a sh!t about music, it doesn't make it into their mtv channel programming very often at all.

About the Don't let me be Misunderstood song ... Her vocal is impressive, strong, beautiful. I want to rip the sticks away from the cymbalist, burn them, and hide the cymbals. The trumpet is a strong soloist voice and I don't care for them in simultaneous duet. I prefer each to solo independently. 

Archived