💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mixed Reviews for The Weeknd’s Halftime Show

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I predicted a mixed reception after this. As much as I enjoy his music and think he made the best picks (could've done without Save Your Tears, though, that was a very lacklustre choice), this was just flat and dull. It was too much of the same set, same kinda song, same outfit, imagery, same everything. I wondered if it was just my tv picking up bad sound quality, but it seemed like everyone had this issue to an extent. If I didn't know these songs, I would have struggled to pick out the majority of the words, especially earlier on. I know my view isn't popular but he really could've benefitted from having guests. Ok, he doesn't have much in the way of duets but he could have brought someone else on and sung a bit of their song. He could have brought out Doja Cat for the In Your Eyes remix, a song which I'm really surprised he didn't sing. Blinding Lights was the only time we endured a wow moment. Compared to the spectacle of Shakira and J-Lo last year who served uptempo songs, costume changes, fast dancing, a bright set and moments of originality (J-Lo's pole dance surrounded by dancers beneath her, Shakira's carnival dance solo, the Cardi B inflection, the little girls singing Lets Get Loud), this seemed just kinda mediocre by comparison. We know that if a female artist had kept it that simple, she would've been criticised.

Because of his name and the amazing sales power he has right now, this will probably replace Gaga's show as the most watched solo show of all time. Its already got over 600k likes and Gaga took a few years to even get that many. But at least I'm sure Gaga's will still be the most watched female solo show. And to be honest, I don't imagine any other females will do a show completely solo in the future.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

I think he shot himself in the foot by revealing the 7m$, and setting himself up for draggery

chaeri pls

TimisaMonster

It was extremely overhyped and underwhelming...let's not beat around the bush

He took waaaaay too long to get to the actual field and do something grand and it just felt flat the entire time like you were waiting for something else to go on but it felt like stuff he had already done...especially that "Can't Feel My Face" scene INSIDE the stage where nobody could even see him :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

boyerased

The stage ruined it. When he went out to the field it was fine. He could probably just do with his bandaged mob and without the choir and put on a good, memorable show. The whole stage made it look like just an awards show performance. Didn’t help that he made a halftime show so sleek and almost devoid of the camp trappings we usually see. It was okay, could’ve been better. 

Archived