💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mixed Reviews for The Weeknd’s Halftime Show

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

LostBoyfriend
55 minutes ago, Autumn said:

i for one actually loved it. sure, there was a wow moment missing (waka waka last year, bad romance at gaga's, firework at katy's), but overall i actually really liked it. it really represented his music in the best way visually. although i mean, he's an alternative r&b singer, not a main pop girl, so he was never going to be vogueing around the stage with sparky tiddies.

(This is not directed straight at you)

When people say this :toofunny: to justify lack of creativity, and excessive laziness. It irks me when people boil down pop starts shows as "vogueing and sparky tidies". That's what they have to do in order to not be called lazy/boring.

The Superbowl has established itself as an spectacle, just like no one goes in shirts and flip flops to a first date or job interview. The SB is about amplifying your strengths so that a good chunk of people gets interested in you.

He did well at the end, but the begining and lack of carisma/energy shows through the TV. Gaga had less dancers, less props, and relayed in her dance and costumes, and still felt more, because she was part of the show. Just like Madonna commanding the scene in her show, or Katy having fun in hers with the sharks and the lion/tiger whatever it was.

The Weeknd started flat and ended ok. But there was never any change, any emotional roller coaster, it was all the same.

The fact we hold men and women performances with different standards annoys me so much. Men get applauded even for the minimum effort while woman have to vogue and spark/show their titties to be seen as entertaining.

End of rant. Sorry.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour

There will be much more talking during next weeks about the 25'000 live attendees (7500 vaxxed medical workers included) to this event than about this halftime show.

That said, the massive sets, the hoopla and the flying this and that are maybe the best way to go, finally...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

zakariah

I think he should've brought guests on so that there could be a WOW factor to it, like ariana grande or something would've been good

but overall not a bad performance

Jose P

It was pretty good, nowhere near the best like Gaga or Prince or MJ, but also nowhere near the worst like Maroon 5 at least.

Big Reputation
6 minutes ago, zakariah said:

I think he should've brought guests on so that there could be a WOW factor to it, like ariana grande or something would've been good

but overall not a bad performance

I would’ve loved to see daft punk

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

hieronymus

It was exactly as mediocre as I was afraid it was going to be. I really wanted him to show up and show out like they were hyping, but he really REALLY didn't go outside his comfort zone or do anything we haven't seen before.

Chromatography

i didn’t watch it, but i’m bummed that the reception to this is lukewarm, was really hoping he’d have a stellar performance :/

He did fine. The only thing that really annoyed the **** out of me was the SYT rearrangement. So irritating 😠 

It was meh. Not bad; not amazing. Def not the worst by any means. It didn’t have a “memorable” essence to it. 

ToxicHot

At least it was better than Maroon 5 and Travis Scott. :bear:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

freebit

I wanted this to be a huge (or more of a huge) moment for him, but it was safe and just ok. Honestly, I think he's just not a dynamic performer, though I appreciate that he at least tries to be creative and can sing great live. The setlist and visuals were well done though

RAMROD

The drags happening on NFL twatter replies

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived