💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga’s patriotism bother you?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon
6 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

The thing is, yes Trump was terrible but the way she sided with Clinton and Biden as if they were the “good ones” is just something that made me feel confused a little bit. 

I mean people were probably desperate to vote ANYONE that was against Trump so he gets kicked so I can understand that. Just the way she was acting as if she were a fan of years of these two people. I guess I’m just glad to see her using her voice and platform to raise awareness and kindness but that was too extra. 

Her calling Biden and Harris "my heroes" on IG after inauguration made me wonder if she knew them very well politically.

I hope she's not well informed rather than not gaf about their policies/actions victims. :/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nathaniel Arven

i think it's like her religion, she's not thinking of god in a very catholic way, and i see her patriotism as different too. It's infused with her own views on life and politics so it doesn't bother me.

Every singer/artist in the world carries the flag of their country. I see nothing wrong with it, especially since she has an anti- Trump minded political stance 

Her patriotism doesn't bother me on its own however I feel like this is part of the reason she's pretty much abandoned international markets and that concerns me

littlepotter

Not necessarily her patriotism bothers me, like you go girl love your country, but her being cozy with the establishment does bother me, like when she sang for Bush. But I don't expect much better from a multimillionnaire and I'm not here for that anyway

chaeri pls

RAMROD

No, I am not.

As Murican', I am already well aware that my right wing is flapping, and the left one is grey. That we are all just scarred and we're hating. That we are all just stars on that burning flag. If Gaga can help vocalize that for the better, why not? :giggle:  :sis:  :flower:  :ally:  :gaysia:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Better Day
10 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

What we saw with Brexit is not patriotism. It was 'British' nationalism. Patriotism to me is being proud of where you come from, wanting to do good by your country, wanting the best for your country, supporting the national team in sporting events (if you're into sport)... its not the flag waving nonsense and "get out of my country" sh*te we saw with Brexit. 

If you feel as sense of pride that you're Scottish, that's patriotism. If the national anthem gets you choked up, that's patriotism. If you want to support Scotland in sporting tournaments, that’s patriotism. If you feel connected to Scotland, that’s patriotism.

If you start going on the way Nigel Farage goes on about rejecting 'foreigners' because you believe they make the UK bad or whatever, that's nationalism. 

At least that's the way I see it

I do see the difference, it’s just a very very thin line between patriotism and nationalism. That is why I am skeptical about patriotism because it can go down an extremely dangerous root - i.e. the Tory Government. I am fine for people loving their country but when it comes to people not being able to critique their country it’s past that is how dangerous it goes. 

Together You And I!

People that always criticize America and Americans can also be the most patriotic and that's the kind of patriotic Gaga is as well. She cares about making the country better. It's not a blind love for the flag in spite of the atrocities. 

dubstep111

It bothers me for a lot of reasons. Just stick to what you are good at, performing. My family also loved her but now she just gets on their nerves because of it.

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, dubstep111 said:

Just stick to what you are good at, performing. 

Are you boomer by any chance, cos this whole line is very that :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ehhh, nah. She’s an American who have lived through 9/11 so that’s understandable. 

She does go overboard with this doe but then again she does it with everything else so it’s fine:bear: 

Schizophonic

well, it’s not like trump was a problem for the us alone, he was a problem for the whole world and i am pretty sure u don’t needed to be american to be against him. it was a relief for a lot of people and humanity worldwide. 

there are a few things that were not only political but human. and it was the right thing to do.

i really liked that she didn’t said who she is voting for in the video with the meatdress - i would have been okay with her staying as neutral as that.

Rolodex of Hate

No, because you can be proud of your country without bashing others'. It annoys me when some Americans have the attitude of 'America is the greatest country in the world', while talking trash about other countries. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, as long as you don't denigrate other countries, which Gaga doesn't.

We have no legal choice but to stan

bloody g

I think she uses a patriotic discourse to reach a more conservative audience... Plus I bet she despises the horrible aspects of the US as much as any of us.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived